• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with Kids: Fun Recipes & Activities for 9-Year-Olds

In summary, the show this week is about cooking with kids. The kids are around 9 years old and are old enough to do most things, but the host does not have kids that age yet. The host recommends having a handout available with safety tips and a cookbook with recipes. The show also featured a demonstration with the kids cooking real food. The daughter of the host is 9 years old and likes to cook real food.
jennuone
I have a "Cooking with Kids" show this week. The kids are about 9 years old. So they are old enough to do most stuff. But not having kids that age yet, I am not sure what a good recipe would be, or what kind of activities to do for them. Any suggestions?

I don't have any tips, but I do have a flier from PC regarding safety with kids. It might be good to have available as a hand-out.

Attachments

• Kids in the Kitchen Safety Tips.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 418
Do you have the "Let's Eat" cookbook? There are some great recipes in there! I have done the Caterpillar pizza and mouse cupcakes and that went pretty well.

I also did a "Mommy & Me" one time where I gave the moms a "grown-up" recipe & all of the necessary tools, then I "played" with the kids decorating cookies and making chocolate covered pretzel sticks. They loved it! Moms got to have adult time, and the kids had a blast!

Thank you for the tips. I do have a kids cookbook. I will check out what's in there. I wonder if I should do a regular/easy adult recipe because these girls are a bit older. Plus, the daughter of the host is taking culinary classes. I was thinking of a wreath recipe or something like that.

I did a show once also where we did an adult demo......while the kids were decorating their own Fruit Pizzas (from the "Let's Eat" cookbook) The kids had a blast - and most made several pizzas and then showed them off to the adults at the end of my demo - and that was dessert for everyone!

My daughter is 9 and she really likes to cook things that are "real food" in her opinion. So basically the same things I would cook for a meal. She has been working with me in the kitchen so I do allow her to use the knives but I would stick with the food chopper for a kids show not knowing their capabilities.

1. What are some easy recipes for 9-year-olds to make?

Some easy recipes for 9-year-olds to make include homemade pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches, fruit kabobs, and macaroni and cheese. These recipes require minimal cooking skills and can be customized with different toppings or ingredients.

2. Are there any recipes that don't require the use of a stove or oven?

Yes, there are plenty of recipes that don't require the use of a stove or oven. Some examples include no-bake cookies, smoothies, and sandwiches. These recipes are perfect for kids who are just starting to learn how to cook.

3. How can I get my child more involved in the cooking process?

One way to get your child more involved in the cooking process is to let them choose the recipe and help with the grocery shopping. You can also assign them age-appropriate tasks, such as measuring ingredients or mixing batter.

4. Are there any cooking activities that can help teach my child about nutrition?

Yes, there are many cooking activities that can help teach your child about nutrition. For example, you can have them make a colorful salad with a variety of fruits and vegetables to teach them about the importance of eating a rainbow of colors. You can also have them help prepare a homemade granola bar with nutritious ingredients like oats, nuts, and dried fruit.

5. How can I make cooking with my child more fun and interactive?

To make cooking with your child more fun and interactive, you can turn it into a game or competition. For example, you can have a "Chopped"-style challenge where your child has to use a secret ingredient in their recipe. You can also let them create their own recipe and have a taste test with family members. Additionally, playing music or having a dance party while cooking can make it more enjoyable for kids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg