1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Recipe help for Kids in the Kitchen show

1. lrice

lrice Member

I'm doing a Kids in the Kitchen show where the kids will mostly be 9 year olds. I want to use the DCB for the recipe. We're doing lunch and the host was thinking she wanted a turkey breast. I wanted to use the microwave. Has anyone tried this??? Also, I was going to give each child a My Safe Cutter. Would that be age appropriate?

Jun 10, 2009
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

Hmm a turkey breast for a kids' show huh?

I haven't made a turkey breast in the DCB but I don't see why you couldn't. Depending on the size I'd treat it similar to cooking chicken breasts (obviously you'll need more time for a whole turkey breast though).

And I think a Safe Cutter would be appropriate. I have a customer who uses the Quikut Paring Knives for her 8 year old but those are pretty sharp. Right size for their hands, but still pretty dang sharp for a kid.

Jun 10, 2009
  3. lrice

lrice Member

thanks michelle, I'll order the safe cutters today. I just wanted to be sure they would be age appropriate.

Jun 11, 2009
  4. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

One of the top sellers in our overall cluster does Chicken Fajitas in the DCB-- why not slice that turkey breast into 1/2" thick slices, layer it over some strips of onion, green pepper that you press (or slice) fresh garlic, and add some Chipoltle Rub or Southwest Seasoning, drizzle the whole thing with a tablespoon of oil, and microwave for 20-22 minutes until the turkey (chicken?) is completely cooked.

Apparently you serve this with the Salad Choppers and encourage folks to dig in and chop up the meat/pepper/onion together, then take some out and scoop it onto tortillas.

While it is cooking, you could wow folks with an instant salsa of tomatoes, garlic, onion, lime zest, cilantro maybe tomatillos all chopped with the Salad Choppers, and you've had quite a show!

The kids would like the 'nacho bar' aspect of the show, the moms would like chopping the meat/veggies and knowing their kids were getting awesome healthy food.

Jun 12, 2009
  5. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

I am doing one tonight. I am doing the fajitas in the magic pot, while the kids will help me create fruit cups with apples, strawberries,blueberries, kiwi and bananas. I am going spin the berries in the salad and berry spinner ( the little ones LOVE to pump the handle) and of course wedge the apples and cut the rest of the fruit with the egg slicer plus. They can all do that as well. Then the kids will stir the fruit together in one of the stainless mixing bowls ( helloooo host special for July!)
    The kids at this show are in the 3-6 years of age range, so I believe this is age appropriate and will show the moms just how much these products will allow the kids to help. I am also going to let them take turns turning the handle on the RG to grate the cheese. Because the host is a friend of mine, I am also taking my 4 year old daughter to help. She is soooo excited.

Jun 18, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted