• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some kid-friendly recipes for a fundraiser cooking event?

In summary, Bobby Mayo is going to be doing a Kids in the Kitchen type of show for Girl Scouts for a local shelter fundraiser. He is looking for recipe ideas and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Hi All!

I am going to be doing a "Kids in the Kitchen" type of show for some Girl Scouts. It will be set up as a fundraiser for a local shelter so they can get their cooking badge AND another badge for fundraising for the shelter.

I am pretty sure these girls will be around 9 or 10 years old. Their moms will be there to shop at the end.

I am looking for recipe ideas. Any suggestions? I think I will have to set up about 3 different "stations" of 5 girls each. So maybe a main dish, dessert and drink? I don't know how it's all going to work just yet. It's next month towards the end of September so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA! :)

I've got some files of outlines of a scouts show from one of my Director friends if you want them. Email me at [email protected] and I will send them to you.

If you can get your hands on the Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook or the Let's Eat Cookbook, there are great recipes in both. Check eBay since these are retired. Email me at [email protected] and I can give you some recipes as well!

Has anyone else here done anything like this before?

I did pizzas just today with the kids at our church using the tic-tac-toe pizza from the kids cookbook. (discontinued). Here is what I did and they loved it:

Buy round pita pocket breads
pizza sauce
pepperonis
string cheese

Pour pizza sauce into the small stainless steel bowl or batter bowl. Lay pocket breads on flat stones. They use one of our measuring spoons to scoop out around 2 TBS of sauce and the back of the spoon to spread it on the bread. Then tear the string cheese into strings - this was the fun part. They can use their imagination and create designs with the cheese.

The original recipe calls for them to put the cheese like a tic-tac-toe grid on the bread and to cut a green pepper into squares. They use the star shape from the creative cutters and cut the green pepper squares into stars and place between the grids with pepperonis in the other grids - like a tic-tac-toe game. That being said - I did NOT do that because I have done this before and none of them wanted green pepper. So - I just let them make designs with the string. Alot of them made spider webs, initials, hearts. I took squares of cheddar cheese and let them play with the creative cutters and took some pepperonis. You could also take the cheese grater and let them grate parmesan.

Only takes about 10 min to bake and they loved it. Easy to do with setting up stations too.

1. What are some easy and healthy recipes for kids to make?

Some easy and healthy recipes for kids to make are fruit and yogurt parfaits, veggie wraps, homemade granola bars, and smoothie bowls.

2. Can you recommend some kid-friendly recipes that don't require the use of knives?

Yes, there are plenty of recipes that kids can make without using knives. Some examples include no-bake energy bites, mini pizzas on English muffins, and banana sushi rolls.

3. Are there any recipes that are suitable for kids with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many recipes that can accommodate dietary restrictions. Some examples are gluten-free banana bread, dairy-free mac and cheese, and vegan fruit popsicles.

4. Are there any recipes that are easy for young children to help with?

Yes, there are many recipes that young children can help with. Some ideas are assembling fruit skewers, mixing ingredients for muffins or pancakes, and decorating cookies or cupcakes.

5. What are some tips for getting kids involved and interested in cooking?

One tip is to let them choose a recipe or ingredient they want to try. Another tip is to make cooking fun by playing music, using colorful ingredients, and letting them decorate or add toppings to their dish. Also, involving them in grocery shopping and meal planning can make them more invested in the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
Replies