• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ring in the New Year with Creative Cooking Show Ideas!

In summary, the New to Me Anyway meeting demonstrated a show for attendees to use. This new show has been successful in increasing sales for the upline director. People get creative with their name tags and have a lot of fun.
urbnk8
New to me anyway. At our last meeting, our main upline director (sorry to say I don't even know what level she is...nobody ever told me!) demonstrated a show for us that she has been using. She says her sales have increased dramatically by doing it. I don't remember if she said or not, but I would imagine her bookings have too. This is what she does...

First, she says that everybody is going to get a name tag and that she already has them written out. As she calls off the "name", people can say if it is them or not. Does this until everyone has one. But the "names" are things like "Microwave cook", "Burns water cook", "Drive-thru cook", "I just bake cook". All sorts of creative names like that describing different kinds of cooks. (she's supposed to email us the labels she uses, so i will post when she does.)

She explains that this is something new and different she's trying and to prepare to have fun. And she explains that since she's done these recipes many times, she is letting them do the work.

Then she chooses 2 "head chefs" (usually people that have made the recipes before, if there are any). She then counts everybody else off by twos. So half goes with "head chef 1" and the other half goes with "head chef 2". She has them wash thier hands and then the two groups then prepare the recipes!

Her theme for January is "Ring in the New Year" so she is doing all rings. This is utilizing stoneware and they are fun to make.

I am going to be trying this at all my January shows because I think it is a great idea!! It really gets the guests touching and using all the tools, which is always going to sell more!

She says that people have so much fun and she always asks for feedback at the end of her shows, and has had only good stuff said. People really like it much better than just a demonstration. Especially the people that have been to a lot of shows!

I really can't wait to try this and see if it really has an impact on sales.
Sorry so long but I just wanted to share this great idea for a show! I'm sure some people may do similar things too. This is definitely more than just asking for volunteers. They are actually doing it!

This sounds like a lot of fun!

sounds fun! thanks for sharing.

Sounds great:)

That sounds great! I can't wait to see the labels and any other info!

Thanks for sharing! :D

GREAT Idea....Thanks for sharing!!!:chef:

This sounds fun! PLEASE post more of her information when you get it - preferably on this thread so I don't miss it! :D

I had a meeting at my NED's house the other day. She said that the company has been talking alot about interactive shows, and that she thinks that is the route they are going soon. It makes sense since people got surveys about cooking shows recently.

Did she email you yet? Those labels sound fantastic! does she have any recipes she uses. Or is she just doing one recipe... the ring I think you said.

Omg,
How fun! you could say it's like the "top chef challenge" and have a prize for the best result! I love it and will try it at my next show!
thanks!
Valerie

She hasn't emailed me back yet with the labels but I will post as soon as she does. She does 2 recipes. Any of the main dish rings would be good, like from All the Best cookbook. And for dessert, the cherry cheese coffee cake from All the Best or the Apple nut ring (I had to do a recipe search on CC for this one...it's not really a ring but it's in the name).

I really like this idea...love the 'hands-on' aspect. :)

Deb

That sounds like a lot of fun. I can see how it works.

Sounds like a fun Idea! Can't wait to try it. Thanks.

I have a few questions about it. Does both groups do the same recipe?? Does she have 2 of each product so the groups do not have to share? Does she talk about each of the products as she is doing them. I can imagine from my past shows that the women have been so talkative I would not get a word in if they were all up helping and talking to each other. Does she do any kind of followup later in the show with the name tags, or are they just a fun way to start?

amerrigan said:
I have a few questions about it. Does both groups do the same recipe?? Does she have 2 of each product so the groups do not have to share? Does she talk about each of the products as she is doing them. I can imagine from my past shows that the women have been so talkative I would not get a word in if they were all up helping and talking to each other. Does she do any kind of followup later in the show with the name tags, or are they just a fun way to start?

I think the name tas are just a fun way to start. Ice breaker. She does one main dish and one dessert. Each group works on one or the other and then they all eat both. She does not demonstrate products while they do the recipe but is available for questions and tips. The great thing about it is that many of the guests will have some of the products already, most likely, so they sell to each other. After the recipes go into the oven, she talks about the stoneware and other things until they are done.

That sounds like so much fun. I usually do the "Express" show so that things are done quicker. If you are like me with these type of shows, why not bring potatoes and have each group work with different tools using the potatoes. After they have played around, then they could eat and you could finish talking about cookware, stoneware, etc. I really like the name tag ideas!

mpkegley said:
That sounds like so much fun. I usually do the "Express" show so that things are done quicker. If you are like me with these type of shows, why not bring potatoes and have each group work with different tools using the potatoes. After they have played around, then they could eat and you could finish talking about cookware, stoneware, etc. I really like the name tag ideas!

I was actually thinking of doing something like this too. Bring some potatoes, etc. for people to try tools while they are making the recipes. There is only so much to do on a recipe so that way, everybody gets to try something. Especially if there's a big group.

I love love the ice breaker element! Any other "Chef Names" to share?Actually, I like the "Top Chefs" component, too, but I'm so new I want to get a regular demo down pat before veering too far off :)

1. What is the "Ring in the New Year with Creative Cooking Show Ideas!" event all about?

The event is designed to inspire and equip our customers with fun and unique cooking show ideas to kick off the new year. We will be featuring new and exciting Pampered Chef products and recipes that will help you create unforgettable cooking shows for your friends and family.

2. When and where will the event take place?

The event will take place on January 1st at 6pm EST on our official Pampered Chef Facebook page. You can easily access the event from the comfort of your own home, no need to travel or leave your cozy couch.

3. Who will be hosting the event?

Our very own Pampered Chef consultants will be hosting the event. They are experienced and knowledgeable in all things Pampered Chef and will be sharing their expertise and tips with you during the event.

4. Will there be any special offers or promotions during the event?

Yes! We will be offering exclusive deals and discounts on select Pampered Chef products during the event. These offers will only be available for a limited time, so make sure to tune in and take advantage of them.

5. How can I participate in the event?

To participate in the event, simply tune in to our Facebook page on January 1st at 6pm EST. Make sure to like and follow our page to receive notifications and updates about the event. You can also share the event with your friends and family to join in on the fun!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies