• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show

In summary, Melinda is considering hosting a show with me that would teach new cooks how to cook basic meals using our tools.
melindag
Hi everyone! I did a show friday night and met someone who is married less than a year, and describes herself as not knowing how to cook. Her husband is a marine, and recently returned home from deployment, and they have a 6 month old cutie of a baby!

During our conversation, I learned that most of her friends are newly married, not very experienced in the kitchen and not very familiar with Pampered Chef. She is going to host a show in September with me, and I talked to her about many different ways we could work a show to get her and her friends off to a great start in the kitchen. Kind of like a "kitchen basics" show, or Cooking 101, maybe even "stoneware 101", etc.

I thought I would delve into files and ideas now, while my enthusiasm is high and so is hers.

This show has the potential to open me up to a whole new group of people in an area that I don't normally get to that often, so I am really looking forward to it.

I appreciate any show outlines, flyers or suggestions that others might have for this type of show.
THanks!
Melinda

Ooh-- it sounds like you could actually do each of those topics at bookings from the original. Maybe you could really seriously suggest that they get together every other month and switch off hosting. Then in a year, they'll have had 6 good cooking lessons.If they don't cook at all, then you'll probably want to touch on proper measurement of ingredients and how to read a recipe. Super basics, but something that is crucial to cooking success.

I think it is a great idea--but basic cooking is a huge topic. I like Ann's suggestion... talk to them about doing some kind of a cooking club, maybe set it up like a cooking class with a set fee per person to cover ingredients and a $15 credit towards purchases or something like that. Otherwise, I would ask the hostess one thing she'd really like to be able to cook--is it to bake a cake,make a pie, make a brunch dish, appetizers, dinner, ? Then when you make that recipe, include every basic tip you can think of and that we (who cook) often take for granted that "everyone" knows.

Hi Melinda.
Have you come up with any more ideas on this? I'd love to hear what you have so far.

actually I haven't given it much thought.....but I plan to be calling this person by the end of the weekend to set up her show for September so I better start thinking about it! :) Maybe I will play around with the Real Food Real Fast theme and pitch that for September....and then promote the other ones or stoneware 101 as a booking incentive for the guests.

Thanks for reminding me about this!

Melinda

Hey Melinda, I like the cooking club and cooking class idea. I was actually looking into this idea for someone the other day and came across some flyers. Ill attach for you to look at.

Attachments

• A Cooking Club.doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 484
  • A Cooking Club(2).doc
    28 KB · Views: 384
  • cooking club.doc
    20 KB · Views: 344
  • PAMPERED CHEF COOKING CLASSES.doc
    30 KB · Views: 1,475
Make sure you stress to them how our cookware helps even inexperienced cooks...heats so evenly it is hard to scorch food in it!

Talk about stoneware and how much better food cooks/ doesn't burn!

Talk about proper knife handling/use...and our amazing forged knives!

Try to demo something that they could see themselves making at home...not just dessert or apps., I would do a main dish unless they specifically ask for something other.

My Director DIDN"T COOK before she started with TPC! Now she is an amazing cook! Our recipes are basic (most of them...) and they have been tested so many times before they are published that they are almost 100% fool-proof!

thanks for the files and advice.....I spoke with this host, and she would like to do a Chocolate Bliss show - so we're going to do the brownie recipe and I can teach them about stoneware.

Melinda

This is really a good idea. I think I have to make mention of this at all of my shows. You could even do a "gooing off to college" theme. Teach the kids how to make things in the microwave, toaster oven and maybe a hot plate using our tools. There are a lot of possibilities for this one.

1. What is a Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show?

A Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show is a demonstration of essential kitchen tools and cooking techniques that will help you become a better cook. Our consultants will walk you through the basics of cooking and showcase our top kitchen products that will make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.

2. How long does a Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show last?

Our Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show typically lasts between 1-2 hours. However, the length may vary depending on the number of attendees and their level of engagement. We strive to make our shows fun and informative, so you can expect an engaging experience!

3. Do I need to purchase anything at a Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at our shows. Our main goal is to educate and inspire you to become a better cook. However, if you do find a product that you love and want to purchase, our consultants will be happy to assist you with your order.

4. Can I host a Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show at my house?

Absolutely! Hosting a show at your house is a great way to gather friends and family for a fun and informative cooking demonstration. Our consultants will bring all the necessary tools and ingredients, so you just have to sit back and enjoy the show.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts at a Cooking 101/Kitchen Essentials Show?

Yes, we offer exclusive discounts and promotions at our shows. Our consultants will share these offers with you during the presentation. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your show. Contact us for more information on hosting a show and the benefits you can receive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• IAmChefJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
IAmChefJ
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
Admin Greg