• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of Tropics Open House - Dessert Recipe

In summary, Kearstin is going to have a Taste of the Tropics Open House and is making Cinnamon Chips and Tropical Salsa, Aloha Pizza, Hawaiian Meatballs, and the Mini Margarita Pies. She is also making the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle for her family and the wontons for her open house. Anne is going to have a Mango triangle thingies, Caribbean Meat-filled pastries, Island Breeze Rum Cake, Lime-Berry Trifle, Jaimaican Jerk Chicken Salad, and the Shrimp Ceviche Cups.
kearstin
Hey Guys!

I'm having my Taste of the Tropics Open House tomorrow (wish me luck!) and I am going to make: Cinnamon Chips and Tropical Salsa, Aloha Pizza, Hawaiian Meatballs, and the Mini Margarita Pies. I was thinking I should have one more dessert - does anyone have any ideas for a finger food that would fit with the theme??

Thanks for your help!!! :D
Kearstin

C'mon - no one has any ideas?????

I'm making the lime berry trifle for mine. You could make the island rum cake that is yummy or the tropical wontons

I don't know if you were planning on using it - BUT - the Trifle bowl would make a great center piece to hold your chips....

Personally - I used it at my open house and had a BE-Utiful Tropical Trifle and it IMPRESSED everyone - Sold "5" that day.... booked 3 shows in April so host could get it @ 60% off....

HTH...

Oooh - I like the idea of using it to hold the chips! I was definitely going to use it somehow, but probably more as a decorative piece. I really like that idea though.

I did the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle for my family and they hated it, so I wasn't going to do that again!

Has anyone made the wontons yet?

I'm making them tomorrow for my open house. We had then at my cluster meeting and they were very good. The girl who made them said they we're pretty easy to do.

anne

The filling that goes in the trifle is yummy. I would have that to go alongside your sweet salsa. It tastes good with cinnamon sugar tortillas.

I was going to do the Mango triangle thingies, but didn't. At my Open House I made the Caribbean Meat-filled pastries, Island Breeze Rum Cake, Lime-Berry Trifle, Jaimaican Jerk Chicken Salad and the Shrimp Ceviche Cups. I HATE olives, but LOVED the Meat-filled pastries. They were very yummy! The Rum cake wasn't as big a hit as I thought it would be. Everyone at my Open House LOVED the trifle...I didn't care for it though. No one really ate the Shrimp cups either (we forgot the lime juice for it, so maybe that's why).

Hi Kearstin,
Good luck with your Taste of Tropics Open House tomorrow! Your menu sounds delicious and definitely gives off a tropical vibe. As for an additional finger food for dessert, have you considered making a tropical fruit skewer? You could use a variety of fruits such as pineapple, mango, and kiwi and serve it with a honey lime dipping sauce. It's light, refreshing, and perfect for a tropical-themed event. Let me know if you need any tips or recipe suggestions. Best of luck!

Related to Taste of Tropics Open House - Dessert Recipe

1. What is the featured dessert recipe for the Taste of Tropics Open House?

The featured dessert recipe for the Taste of Tropics Open House is a delicious mango and coconut cheesecake.

2. Are there any substitutions for the ingredients in the dessert recipe?

Yes, there are some substitutions that can be made for the dessert recipe. For example, if you are allergic to nuts, you can use crushed graham crackers instead of crushed pecans for the crust.

3. How long does it take to make the Taste of Tropics dessert recipe?

The dessert recipe takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare, and then needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.

4. Can I make the dessert recipe ahead of time?

Yes, the dessert recipe can be made ahead of time. We recommend making it the night before the Open House and storing it in the refrigerator until the event.

5. Is the dessert recipe suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Unfortunately, the dessert recipe is not suitable for those with dietary restrictions as it contains dairy and nuts. However, we do have alternative recipes available that cater to different dietary needs. Please let us know of any restrictions when RSVPing for the Open House.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cspanich
  • PamperedChell
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies