• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of Home Cooking School: Recipe Card Goody Bag Idea

In summary, the conversation is about the Taste of Home Cooking School and the idea of using recipe cards with personal information as a promotional item for the event. The participants also discuss the cost of booths and their experiences with hosting one. One person shares their success with manning a booth alone and making their money back.
Jennie4PC
I will be doing the taste of home cooking school for the 3rd yr in a row and I need to put something in the goody bag. In the past I have done a business card but someone gave me tons of recipe cards so I was thinking about putting my info on the recipe card and putting that in the bags. What do you guys think about that?

Perfect. Cheap, but something they're likely to keep

Funny you mentioned this - I just sent an e-mail today to see about the one in our area and if the local director already booked it. How much do they charge you there for your booth?

They are more likely to save a recipe card than your business card, so I think it's a great idea!

What is that & how do I find out about it? thanks!

janetupnorth said:
Funny you mentioned this - I just sent an e-mail today to see about the one in our area and if the local director already booked it.

How much do they charge you there for your booth?

My booth is $225 I get 1 table and 2 chairs if I want a 2nd table then it is $10 more. I hope you get the booth. It has always been worth my money.

stacywhitlow said:
What is that & how do I find out about it? thanks!

Taste of Home Cooking School is when Taste of home goes to different areas and does a cooking school. They always have booths and food, then they do a cooking demonstration (never been to demo but plan to this yr) and at ours they are always giving away tons of free stuff. A girl from my church last yr won diamond earings.

You can check it out by going to Recipes & Home Cooking Tips | Taste of Home Magazine then go to cooking class information, put your zip in and it will tell you if and when the show in your area will be. I hope that makes sense.

linojackie said:
Perfect. Cheap, but something they're likely to keep

Cute..a poem! ;)

Jennie4PC said:
Taste of Home Cooking School is when Taste of home goes to different areas and does a cooking school. They always have booths and food, then they do a cooking demonstration (never been to demo but plan to this yr) and at ours they are always giving away tons of free stuff. A girl from my church last yr won diamond earings.

You can check it out by going to Recipes & Home Cooking Tips | Taste of Home Magazine then go to cooking class information, put your zip in and it will tell you if and when the show in your area will be. I hope that makes sense.

There's one about an hour and a half from me in November. How do you find out about hosting a booth?

pampchefsarah said:
There's one about an hour and a half from me in November. How do you find out about hosting a booth?

One of our radio stations puts it on. I am not sure as how to find out who is hosting it. I got lucky 3 yrs ago I was new here and really struggling with my business when a lady my DH worked with was getting ready for TOH and told me who to contact and they didnt have a PC rep. So that is how I got in.

For anyone who has done these.. can one person (and maybe a friend) man the booth alone? I know I should do a door prize drawing. I am planning on using our recipe cards for the bag freebie. I have 600 and need another 200- anyone have any they want to sell cheap? Would love some more skillet ones and cheeseburger salad or jerk chicken.

Anything I should know? Ours is planning for 800 people. I am so nervous! I have never done something on this scale with this many people in such a short period of time!:eek:

Darlene, I have done this booth for 3 yrs by myself and have never had a problem. I have only gotten 2 bookings maybe at the booth the rest have been call backs. But I have made my money back every single time. You will do fine. I had only been doing PC for a few months when I did mine and my director lived over 3 hrs away. She wasnt really into booths and was afraid I would not do well but here I am doing it the 4th yr in a row.

Oh my, the one in Evansville, IN is $450 for a booth! Yeah thats a little much for my budget....

I just did the Women's Expo/Taste of Home Cooking School on Sept 19th, 20th in Carson City, NV. Has a lot of fun, met a lot of contacts and have future shows with some potential recruits. I'm still contacting people from the drawing slips who showed up for the event. It was advertised in my local paper, so I responded. Good luck to you.

Oh and I paid $395 for the booth for both days, that was the lowest package, one day 11-6, the other 10-6, my bookings were booked at the Expo, so don't forget your calendar.

noelskitchen said:
Oh and I paid $395 for the booth for both days, that was the lowest package, one day 11-6, the other 10-6, my bookings were booked at the Expo, so don't forget your calendar.

Thanks! I was wondering about trying to book while everything is going on there. Does it get too busy to try to work with someone? I am a very one on one person. I do groups fine but really like being able to talk to someone when it comes time to set things up for a show.

Our booths are the 2 hours before the show. They are doing tickets for 800. The package was $245 and included the booth, 25 radio spots mentioning our name (mine and "an Independent Consulant for the Pampered Chef"). Geez- I just thought- that is allowed isn't it? :confused: I know I have seen ones in the area that have said one of the booths is "Pampered Chef" in the print ads, nothing more. I don't think we have the print ads but not sure (have to talk more to them tomorrow).

They printed my address and contact number in their event newspaper, but said it was The Pampered Chef as a vendor. I didn't know they did that until I got a chance to get away from my booth and grab the paper.

I did the booth alone. There were a few times I had a break to run to the bathroom or get someting to eat but it was steady both days and the y only allowed 40 vendors so I was lucky.

There is one here on November 20th, I just emailed them for more information. I have attended these before and are always a lot of fun!

For those who have done this before..

What do you bring?
What do you have available?
Do you bring catalogs? How many percentage wise?

I am thinking of having mini and holiday catalogs available but I don't know how many- 800 is a LARGE investment but I don't want to not have enough. I am using recipe cards with my info on them for the goody bag.

I am planning on showcasing our new stuff for this season along with a piece of stone, SA and cookware and my knife bag <g>

Good? Bad? Help! :eek:
Darlene

my director gives out recipe cards like candy and encourages us to use them as buisness cards. i like it. only down side is they don't fit into a wallet that well and they get trashed rolling around in my purse!

darlinclem said:
For those who have done this before..

What do you bring?
What do you have available?
Do you bring catalogs? How many percentage wise?

I am thinking of having mini and holiday catalogs available but I don't know how many- 800 is a LARGE investment but I don't want to not have enough. I am using recipe cards with my info on them for the goody bag.

I am planning on showcasing our new stuff for this season along with a piece of stone, SA and cookware and my knife bag <g>

Good? Bad? Help! :eek:
Darlene

I had ordered 100 catalogs and only went through 1 and 1/2 pack. I got rid of all my old catalogs though. Gave out recipe cards and some pencils I ordered in different colors with my name and Pampered Chef on them. I must have had 25 individuals orders plus the drawing over 100 contacts and 10bookings. I brought my calendar and my laptop.

noelskitchen said:
I had ordered 100 catalogs and only went through 1 and 1/2 pack. I got rid of all my old catalogs though. Gave out recipe cards and some pencils I ordered in different colors with my name and Pampered Chef on them. I must have had 25 individuals orders plus the drawing over 100 contacts and 10bookings. I brought my calendar and my laptop.

Noel, which one did you do?

noelskitchen said:

WAAAA! I want a laptop! :)

How many tickets were sold at yours and how long did it last?

Thanks!

linojackie said:
Noel, which one did you do?

Jackie,

I did the one in Carson City, NV. It was a lot of fun. All by myself for two days. Sat was the busiest. It was worth getting my name out there.

darlinclem said:
WAAAA! I want a laptop! :)

How many tickets were sold at yours and how long did it last?

Thanks!

Darlene,

Not sure how many tickets but some people came for both days. 11-6 Fri, 10-6 Sat.

1. What is included in the Recipe Card Goody Bag Idea?

The Recipe Card Goody Bag Idea includes a set of recipe cards featuring some of our most popular recipes, as well as a variety of kitchen tools and utensils that are used in the Taste of Home Cooking School demonstrations.

2. How many recipe cards are included in the goody bag?

There are typically 10-12 recipe cards included in the goody bag, but this may vary depending on the specific Cooking School event.

3. Are the recipe cards specific to a certain type of cuisine or dietary restriction?

The recipe cards included in the goody bag cover a range of cuisines and dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. However, the specific recipes may vary depending on the event.

4. Can I purchase the Recipe Card Goody Bag separately?

The Recipe Card Goody Bag is only available as a bonus gift for attendees of the Taste of Home Cooking School event. It cannot be purchased separately.

5. Are the kitchen tools in the goody bag exclusive to Pampered Chef?

No, the kitchen tools and utensils included in the goody bag are not exclusive to Pampered Chef. However, we carefully select high-quality and useful tools that are commonly used in our Cooking School demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pamperedchef02
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • pampered2007