• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving Shows with a Newborn: Tips from Experienced Moms

I would also pump while I was out. I would bring a small cooler with breastmilk, and pump during breaks in the show. If you have to leave early for any reason, you can always express milk and freeze it for later. I nursed my daughter and took her with me to my shows. I would do a quick show and then nurse her again before I packed up. I pumped while I was out and brought a small cooler with breastmilk with me. I would also pump during breaks in the show and freeze the milk for later.
laylaleigh
I have my 1st show this Friday since my son was born. He is 6 wks and my 3rd. What tips do you have about starting back to doing shows with a baby? I was supposed to start back 2 weeks ago, but I had to reschedule because we were having feeding/weight issues.

Some one suggested taking him with me to my shows and feeding him right before the show starts. My problem is he takes so long to eat!! Those of you who nursed a newborn and still done shows, what did you do? My other thought is to pump before the show and do quick shows.

I would love to hear how you survived. I hate that this is right in the middle of our busiest month. I am not going to be able to pull in what I did last year. I am trying to make the best of every opportunity I have this holiday season.

I took my little guy with me only if the hosts were friends, and I knew they wouldn't mind. It actually helped attendance and sales, since people came to see the baby!:D

I did QUICK shows - and I let people know it was because I was nursing, and had a newborn at home. I also pumped - but DS wasn't too thrilled with me being gone sometimes. He and DH had a few rough nights.

I did quick shows, too! Everyone (especially when it is mostly women) are sympathetic to new mommies & understand!

I took the baby with me and nursed right before the party. Then we did pump. My husband came with me to the party and set up while I was feeding her (we wanted to make full use of the time between feedings). Then once she was fed they left (unless it was a close friend then they all held the baby). It was easy! A newborn is much easier than an older baby to manage and take with you.

On the parties that she stayed with me, I would nurse again before I packed up but after I took the orders.

I'm so glad that you posted this question, since I'm taking the rest of November and all of December off, b/c I'm going to be full term next week and hopefully will have her a bit early (hopefull next week).

Anyway, I'm starting back up in January, and will be leaving a very young, nursing newborn at home. I'm curious to hear all the responses. I was planning on pumping and leaving milk for DH, but I'm always interested to hear how other PC mommas did it!

Congrats on your newborn...and I'm glad to hear that the feeding and weight issues seem to be working out.

I have a 3 month old little girl and I pump ahead of time for my husband to give the baby while I'm out. I'm still very new, and only have done shows close to home so far and haven't been away more than 3 hours. She's been okay with being apart for 3 hours if I nurse before I leave. :)

Since Matt is only 6 weeks old he is still eating every 2-3 hours and he seriously takes forever to eat! I already talked to my host about bringing him with me. She booked off of my neighbor's show. So, I know my neighbor will be there. I am planning on pumping before the show and having my friend feed him. I guess I will ask her is I can stay and feed him before I leave.

I wish my husband could go with me. He barely gets home in time for me to leave for a show on time. This week I have to have a sitter come over and watch my other two until he gets home.

Thanks also for posting this question because i will be a new mother with a newborn baby after christmas. i have nothing lined up for dec so how do i do the take off time with pc or should i do a catlaog show in dec with the hosapital people? i am having a ce-section on the 22nd i think. so what should i do?

I would nurse my daughter just before I left the house, and make sure the baby got a nice full belly. Then I'd take her with me, and wear her in a back pack (in the front, when she was tiny) and she would sleep through the entire show! (Only if I was wearing her, though- if I tried to put her down, she'd wake right up) She would be just waking up as I would be packing my car, and I'd nurse her in the car before I'd drive home. It worked beautifully! The backpack is the secret to success, I think

Related to Surviving Shows with a Newborn: Tips from Experienced Moms

1. How can I balance taking care of my newborn and running a successful Pampered Chef show?

One tip is to schedule your shows around your baby's feeding and nap times. This will allow you to focus on your show while your baby is asleep or content. It's also helpful to have a designated area for your baby during the show, like a pack 'n play or bouncer, so you can keep an eye on them while you work.

2. What are some ways to keep my baby happy and entertained during a show?

Having a few toys or books nearby can help keep your baby occupied. You could also wear your baby in a carrier or wrap, which allows you to move freely while keeping your baby close. Some moms also find it helpful to have a designated person, like a family member or friend, to help watch the baby during the show.

3. How can I ensure my newborn doesn't disrupt the show?

Try to plan your show during a time when your baby is typically napping or content. If your baby does start to fuss or cry during the show, don't panic. Your guests will understand and may even offer to help soothe your baby. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case your baby needs extra attention, such as having a pre-recorded demonstration or a co-host who can take over if needed.

4. What are some tips for staying organized while juggling a newborn and a Pampered Chef show?

Before the show, make sure to have all your supplies and materials organized and easily accessible. You may also want to create a checklist to help you stay on track during the show. It's also important to communicate with your guests that you have a newborn and may need to take breaks or adjust the schedule if needed.

5. How can I make sure I'm taking care of myself while also caring for my newborn and running a show?

Remember to prioritize self-care, even during a busy show season. Make sure to drink plenty of water, eat nutritious meals and snacks, and take breaks when needed. Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends, family, or your Pampered Chef team. It's also important to set boundaries and not overextend yourself. Your health and well-being, as well as your baby's, should always come first.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • Addie4TLC