• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sunday Call Policy: Why I Deleted the Thread & Stand by My Decision

In summary, Amanda was trying to find out if calling on Sunday was illegal, and she was told that it might be depending on the state.
crazy4dabug
I deleted it because I feel that you have completely assumed my intentions and that is not fair to me.

I'm not going to argue. But, I will say again...I feel everyone should do their own research to your state as the what the law states for your business BOOKING calls. Then, make your own informed decision.

Deanna, why don't you contact the HO and get their opinion on it. My feeling is if it is truly illegal, they would have let us know already.

I think that sounds like a lovely Idea. Thank you....when I get a moment away from my kids where I can concentrate I will.

I missed something can someone pm or send me an email on what is illegal about calling on Sunday? Thanks!

Amanda,
Before everyone tells you I was wrong...please let me call home office and see what they have to say about it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that they are human just like us and may not know either.
But, let me see.

pamperedalf said:
I missed something can someone pm or send me an email on what is illegal about calling on Sunday? Thanks!
I am totally with you!
I had no idea that calling people for business was illegal.
Shoot, maybe I can get some of my husbands clients in trouble.
Personally I would love a day of no phone calls:D

Deanna,
I am not agreeing or dissagreeing with you but I have been searching the FCC site and so far can not find anything. Just curious where this info came from. I know we all want to be doing the right thing for our customers and our businesses.

Thanks!

Melissa,
I'm on hold with HO...to see if it is. I'm not talking about the phone calls you make when Host coaching, or Asking if they received and liked the items and had any questions either.
A couple of us on here have different ideas of what a sales call is too...so that could be a difference in what you think.
I posted the FCC definition but it was still debated. I think it's all relative and what you choose.

I'll post as soon as I hear from HO....
also, I will admit I could have been wrong about every state (although I never said that, I just never NOT said it either)....it may very from state to state.

etteluap70PC said:
Deanna,
I am not agreeing or dissagreeing with you but I have been searching the FCC site and so far can not find anything. Just curious where this info came from. I know we all want to be doing the right thing for our customers and our businesses.

Thanks!

You'll have to check the FTC website (Federal Trade Commission) not the FCC website.

Paulette, I spent an hour searching this last night and posted several FCC and FTC sites but I deleted everything because I felt I was being attacked.
I'm sorry, I can't spend more time searching it all up again right now. But, I had posted them.

crazy4dabug said:
Melissa,
I'm on hold with HO...to see if it is. I'm not talking about the phone calls you make when Host coaching, or Asking if they received and liked the items and had any questions either.
A couple of us on here have different ideas of what a sales call is too...so that could be a difference in what you think.
I posted the FCC definition but it was still debated. I think it's all relative and what you choose.

I'll post as soon as I hear from HO....
also, I will admit I could have been wrong about every state (although I never said that, I just never NOT said it either)....it may very from state to state.

I would love to hear what was said.
You should have emailed them, so that you can post thier response, and didn't feel like your being attacked personally.
I don't think that our intentions are to attack you personally, just get correct information.
We all have our opinions on how to do our business.
I remember a girl not too long ago posted about getting the stones at 60% off and couldn't do it, because it was stealing in her eyes.
We all have our own views, and nothing is directed in attacks, just confirmation of a subject.

I agree...that is why I said several times I just feel we all need to make our own informed decisions...you can do what you want after that. It's in the manner in which things were stated that I felt that.

I just got off the phone with HO and she had no clue...she said to email the solutions center with "Attention Legal Department" at the top so they could forward it. I have with my question. So, it will probably be several days before I get a response. I will post it when I receive it.

Hey Deanna,
just to verify what you are saying. I just did some research myself on the "Do Not Call" website and "The DMA Time Restrictions Website".
It says: (quoted off of website http://www.the-dma.org/guidelines/tsr-guide.pdf)
Make sure consumers are receiving your calls only between
8 A.M. and 9 P.M. in the consumers’ time zone.
Also, be sure to check state laws because some states have more restrictive
requirements.
State Laws with Day/Time Restrictions
AL & LA, Mon-Fri- 8am to 8 pm Sat- 8am to 8pm Sunday- No calls on Sundays & Holidays
KY, Mon-Fri- 10am to 9pm, Sat- 10am to 9pm, Sun- 10am to 9pm
MA, Mon-Fri- 8am to 8pm, Sat- 8am to 8pm, Sun- 8am to 8pm
CT, MI, MN, NM, Mon-Fri- 9am to 9pm, Sat- 9am to 9pm, Sun- 9am to 9pm
TX, Mon-Fri- 9am to 9pm, Sat- 9am to 9pm, Sun- 12pm to 9pm

Personally, I don't believe the laws you all are quoting apply to PC. For one, the laws you are all quoting apply to direct MARKETING companies. Pampered Chef is a direct SELLING company. There is a difference (check www.dsa.org). I don't know who you are calling for bookings, but I'm not purchasing phone lists, like a direct marketing company will do, and just calling random people I don't know. I am calling people who have given me their phone number willingly and have either expressed an interest in booking a show or want me to contact them with more information, or who have just been at a show and I think would make a great host (or consultant). I have already established some type of relationship with the people I am calling, so again, these laws do not apply. I think it was Belinda Ellsworth or Lyn Conway who said that if someone has given you their phone number, they have just given you permission to call them.
More importantly, though, is whether or not the first thing you ask the person you are calling is whether or not this is a good time for them.
I agree with what others posted on the deleted thread - if it was illegal for us to be calling on Sunday, that would be in New Consultant Training.
And because this is a great business where you decide when to work, if you don't want to make calls (or work at all) on Sundays, then don't; it's your personal choice.
And Deanna, I don't think anyone wanted to attack you personally. I just think that you might not have had all your facts straight before you created the post that said it's illegal, which could cause problems or stress for newer consultants. There is already too much misinformation floating around here.

Good point! Let's all BE HAPPY NOW!!!!!!:D

Basically everyone read what was posted and take the information how you feel you should. I personally make calls on Sundays and always qualify their time first. I haven't ever had a complaint plus according to the list is says Sundays are ok in TX. Everyone will have their own opinion about it and I feel that if a customer or potential customer has a problem with me calling them on Sunday then I would think they should politely tell me not to do so. Just my opinion and please don't shoot the informer! :p

ChefDebra said:
And Deanna, I don't think anyone wanted to attack you personally. I just think that you might not have had all your facts straight before you created the post that said it's illegal, which could cause problems or stress for newer consultants. There is already too much misinformation floating around here.

Deanne,
You were not being personally attacked - not at all.
The problem with forums such as this is that all sorts of info gets tossed around and unless you are a seasoned consultant you have no way of knowing what is correct info and what is not. That is a BIG reason why the upper levels of PC frown upon forums such as this. As a director who has several of my downline team members gleaning info from this site, I need to protect my team from being misinformed.

So, when information is posted that is incorrect (whether it be info about an incentive, a deadline or a legal issue), if I know that the information is incorrect, of course I am going to step in and correct it. I appreciate (and I am sure I speak for everyone here) your desire to share what you thought was correct information and your hoping protect us all from lawsuits that you thought we were putting ourselves at risk for...but as Director, I need to make sure my team stays INFORMED rather than misinformed, and as a member of this forum and a fairly-seasoned Pampered Chef consultant, I feel it is my duty to do what I can to help our little cyber-cluster here stay informed and not misinformed.

So, please know YOU are not being personally attacked. It is important to know your facts before sending out such alarming information. That is why I encouraged you to check this information with your National Exec Director and others encouraged you to check with HO.

If you felt attacked, I do apologize.

Very Well Said, Carolyn!

Honestly? I can't think of anything nice to say so I'm not going to say anything at all.

I have points that I agree with on just about everyones posts. I PERSONALLY DO NOT make calls on Sunday, because it is MY day of worship, rest and FAMILY time. I have always looked at it like this: THIS IS MY BUSINESS!! I WORK IT HOW I WANT TO AND I DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL ME I HAVE TO WORK ON ANY CERTAIN DAY:D . What drew me to this business it that exact phrase. That is why I LOVE THIS JOB!!!:cool: Please do not feel as if I am stepping on anyones toes, I just feel that if someone does not want you to call on Sunday they will tell you. And it was Belinda that said "IF THEY GAVE YOU THEIR PHONE NUMBER THEN THEY GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO CALL THEM!!";)

I am at a total lost? What did I miss by not being on here this weekend? We had too much Easter celebrations for me to get to read up this weekend

Ok, I read the other thread this morning, & I do agree that it's totally a personal decision. Some people do want us to call on Sunday; I feel it's up to the consultant.....
but, if you felt you were being attacked with the other thread & deleted it.....then why even start another one?:confused:

lacychef said:
Ok, I read the other thread this morning, & I do agree that it's totally a personal decision. Some people do want us to call on Sunday; I feel it's up to the consultant.....
but, if you felt you were being attacked with the other thread & deleted it.....then why even start another one?:confused:

Gotta say...I was wondering the same thing

Yes, I can't wait to hear the answer to this post. As far as being attacked, I don't think people may have meant it to be that way. It's just when people type things....you only get 1/2 out of it. I guess what I'm trying ot say is that you can get different meanings out of some things that are read. I know there's been a little hostility in the past on this site but for the most part, I think everyone is pretty easy going on this site and enjoys the hints and opinions of others. You will always have a bad apple here and there. As you can see, there are lots of people waiting to hear the response from HO. It's the people on here that make us wiser people. I've read some intersting things that I never thought to ask someone and also have asked some things on here and got a quicker answer than calling HO. So AMEN to this site!

Was there ever a result to this? Should we assume it's safe to call since there has been no reply??

yummybytes said:
Was there ever a result to this? Should we assume it's safe to call since there has been no reply??

On the other thread, HO said they don't give legal advice to consultants. Above here, Melissa I believe it was quoted what I had found on the FTC site about a few states having restrictions.

However, if you are taking care of your business the way you should it isn't a problem...

If you...
1. Have someone say they need to close on a Sunday and you arrange a call for them it is find.
2. You are following up on products they received.
3. Basically any "customer care" calls...

...you should be safe...

I would caution "cold sales calls" for not only questions as the poster mentioned (check with your local law officials), but more importantly, is that how you should be running your business? PC is about cooking shows and building the relationships...you should be building your business to call and help people do great things in their kitchen and have more time for their families. You should have already built a "relationship" although somewhat informal with everyone you call already...they were at a cooking show you gave, they placed an outside order with you, they checked on a prize slip to contact them about "X"...

Be sensitive to your customers...if you think they value Sunday time as a church/family day, don't call...but also be aware of others who may value Saturday night the same...

Don't be afraid to ask at shows "when is the best time to call you to see if your products arrived safely and are working for you or to give you some additional recipes to use with them".

JMHO...

1. I posted another to take the negativity out of this issue...and thank you to those whom brought it back.
I'm not afraid to continue an issue or say I felt attacked. Be that as it may.

2. I did post another thread about the reply...look it up...it's under something like Legal Advice from HO....this post was buried so I thought I'd leave it that way is why I posted another.

3. Janet, that was all I was EVER saying...the cold calls..not the customer care calls....and yes I DO want to treat my business this way in SOME aspect because I am new, I am trying to get business. I did a Home and Garden show and got tons of entries for our drawing we had. I call those ppl to see if they have questions about PC, but mainly to see if they'd like to book a show. I WANT business to be good and to make money out of this and to make it worth it to my family. I'm sorry so many of you see this as a bad thing. I don't.

There...I think I've addressed all the concerns I need to.
Now, can we please just be done with this once and for all???

Related to Sunday Call Policy: Why I Deleted the Thread & Stand by My Decision

1. Why did you delete the thread about the Sunday call policy?

I deleted the thread about the Sunday call policy because it was becoming a platform for negativity and personal attacks, which goes against our company's values of respect and professionalism.

2. Was deleting the thread your decision or did your supervisor instruct you to do so?

I made the decision to delete the thread on my own after consulting with my supervisor. We both agreed that it was best to remove the thread to maintain a positive and productive work environment for all employees.

3. Are you standing by your decision to delete the thread?

Yes, I stand by my decision to delete the thread. As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is my responsibility to ensure that our online discussions are respectful and focused on work-related topics. Deleting the thread was necessary to maintain a professional and inclusive workplace.

4. How can we discuss the Sunday call policy without having a thread to refer to?

While the thread has been deleted, the Sunday call policy is still a valid topic for discussion. I encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or HR representative for any questions or concerns you may have about the policy.

5. Will there be any consequences for employees who continue to discuss the Sunday call policy?

As with any company policy, there may be consequences for employees who continue to discuss the Sunday call policy in an inappropriate or unprofessional manner. We expect all employees to adhere to our values and respect each other's opinions and decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
  • melindag