• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Morning After Calls Really Help Boost My Direct Sales Business?

;) The last call was to someone who had come to the show for the first time - and I asked her if she would like to be a part of my newsletter mailing list. She said yes, and we discussed her interests and what she likes to do for fun. She also mentioned that she is married to someone I know from when we were babies. We had a great conversation and she is now a confirmed subscriber to my newsletter! :)
melindag
:) ok! I'm a believer now! Morning After Calls (MAC) really work! I've been reading on all the loops, and listening to more than one tape that has talked about them...and I've never been a great telephone person anyway...the procrastinator in me always finds a reason to not make those calls! But NO MORE!

I had a great show last night.....sales are so-so right now, lot of orders still pending, but can I just share with you the powerful mix of my own enthusiasm, with a really friendly, fun group....and then sitting down today and commiting to make those phone calls! I came home pumped, and now I am re-pumped!!!

Out of the 6 phone calls I made, I added 4 more people to my newsletter mailing list, and also got a booking for November, and possibly planted to a future potential recruit. She'd be awesome, and I will be seeing her again in November and look forward to building a friendship with her....turns out she is married to someone I have known since we were babies!

The person who booked a show told me she has been to many PC shows, and she never had as much fun as she did last night. i was so incredibly flattered to hear that. She loved my why bag, and even told me she wanted to hug me when I teared up talking about my daughter with the Celebrate plate! (my emotions really caught me by surprise last night)

I will never miss doing MAC calls again.....I think it was good for the guests to reconnect with me again today, and it was definitely good for me personally and professionally.

My show was really fun to do last night, and it was fun to talk with everyone again today!

Melinda

Way to go, Melinda! I tried doing these calls after my second show, but I could tell as I was doing them that the guests were wondering why I was calling & sounded like they just wanted to get off the phone so I stopped calling. What do you say when you start the calls? Also, when do you call people? I wasn't sure if I had a Thursday evening show when to call on Friday. They'd be at work during the day & I don't want to bother people on a Friday night. What about if I have a Friday show? I know I sound like I'm talking myself out of it (ok-that's what I've done in the past!) but if I'm trying to get more business by the calls, then I don't want to bother people when I call by calling on the weekend, etc. Any advice?

I did my calls this evening because that's what fit my schedule for the day....my morning was filled with standing in the rain at my son's baseball game! :D

Each conversation was different - but what I did was, enter the orders into Pampered Partner this morning, and then before I called, I reviewed their order and reviewed their door prize slip. Because people's faces and conversations that I had were fresh in my mind from last night, I was immediately able to recall specific things with each person to truly personalize the call. Always a part of each conversation is thanking them for their order, thanking them for coming to the show, asking them if there was something in particular they enjoyed....etc.

The first person I called, was the host's sister (and the one I'm calling a potential seed planted) - she was awesome last night - she pretty much taught a stoneware and cookware segment all by herself! And this afternoon, I learned from my mother that this girl is actually married to someone I have known since I was literally a baby! So of course, I made sure to let her know about this connection and the many other connections I have to her, unbeknownst to us both last night! We had a great conversation. And I look foward to staying in touch with her in the future.
I want her on my team!

My second call was to a friend who came with the girl above. I not only thanked her for her order, etc...she also had a customer care need, that I tried to resolve for her - she ended up joining my preferred customer/newsletter mailing list.

The next call was to someone who placed an order for $127!....so you know, I of course worked into my conversation the possibility of her hosting a show in the future! :rolleyes: She declined, but we continued to have a great conversation and she joined my mailng list...so - who knows what the future may bring with her!

Next call.....resulted in a booking. This girl and her husband both were at the show and were the ones who told me how much they enjoyed it compared to some others they had been to. They have some health/dietary needs so we talked alot about recipes, cookbooks and how PC products could help them. We're doing a show in november and we're gonig to feature the Its Good For You cookbook. I can't wait!

So....hopefully that gives you an idea of how my calls went, and what I said.....enthusiasm, first and foremost - thanking them for their presence, their order, their participation...offering any additional services - but most importantly I think it helps that I invite every one of them into a friendship with me.

Melinda

I have not done these yet, but I did OOB calls from my first show last week and I got a catalog show out of it! So you never know!

YAY! way to go!
Melinda

congrats and why bagi have to do these better!!!! way to go! what is a why bag?

Its a bag that contains items identifying Why you do/'enjoy the pampered chef business. There's a thread under the Recruiting forum for it. I don't know how to put a link here to that thread.....

I do MAC and MAE.. or Morning after emails to not only my host, but the guest as well!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Do you get a good response from the e-mails, Leah? I e-mailed a few people one by one almost two weeks ago and haven't heard back from anyone!

I sort of tag team them.. after I email them.... I wait a couple of days and if I haven't heard from them... I call them as well but on the whole I get a really good response back from it.

I send out e-mails and RARELY get any response from them. I am probably not pushing the right button and sending my e-mails to a different folder in my e-mail, LOL!!

1. What is a "Morning After Call"?

A "Morning After Call" is a follow-up call made by a Pampered Chef consultant to a customer after they have hosted a party or event. It is usually done the morning after the party and is an opportunity for the consultant to thank the customer for hosting, discuss any orders or potential bookings, and answer any questions the customer may have about the products or business.

2. Do I have to make "Morning After Calls" as a Pampered Chef consultant?

While it is not a requirement, it is highly encouraged for consultants to make "Morning After Calls" as it is a great way to build relationships with customers and potentially increase sales and bookings. It also shows appreciation for the host's efforts in hosting a successful party.

3. How long should a "Morning After Call" last?

The length of a "Morning After Call" can vary depending on the customer's level of interest and engagement. It is recommended to keep the call under 10 minutes, but it can be shorter or longer as needed. The key is to keep the conversation friendly and informative, without being too pushy or sales-oriented.

4. What should I say during a "Morning After Call"?

During a "Morning After Call", you should thank the customer for hosting the party, ask about their experience, and offer to answer any questions they may have about the products or business. You can also mention any current specials or promotions and discuss potential future bookings or parties.

5. Can I make "Morning After Calls" via text or email?

While it is possible to make "Morning After Calls" via text or email, it is not recommended as it is less personal and may not have the same impact as a phone call. It is also more difficult to build a relationship and address any questions or concerns through written communication. It is best to make "Morning After Calls" through a phone call whenever possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah