• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Ishould I Highlight in My Recipe to Increase Sales/Booking?

In summary, the expert recommends highlighting the large bar pan and making a lovely braid in your recipe to increase sales/booking. They also recommend bringing ingredients like the chipotle rub and southwestern seasoning if you have them and using the salad choppers to chop the chicken.
msmileyface
Which should I highlight in my recipe to increase sales/booking?My first show is coming up. I am wondering what your opinions are about what items I should try to highlight during my demo to make maximum sales and more bookings? Initially I thought the large bar pan, and make a lovely braid, however because I own the DCB already I thought maybe I should use that. I don't want to get overly complicated because I am a bit nervous. Just curious which you think will be more advantageous.

On another note, do you all ask your hosts to have the items for your recipe there ahead of time? My consultant did, and I didn't mind it. I just want to make sure that is the norm.

Thanks very much. This is a wonderful website and from reading everyone's posts I feel like I am surrounded by a wealth of knowledge and kindness!

Last edited:
I'm a BIG fan of the 30-minute chicken in the DCB. Or the 15-minute fajitas.

Yes, I ask the host to have the receipe ingredients ready ahead of time (cleaned if a veggie). But I do tell them that I'll do all the slicing or chopping.

Thanks ChefJeanine!! Do the guests really eat the chicken afterward, if I were to just start cutting it a bit? I am not experienced at carving a whole bird. I will search out the 15 min. fajita recipe, that sounds great too.Thank you :)

msmileyface said:
Thanks ChefJeanine!! Do the guests really eat the chicken afterward, if I were to just start cutting it a bit? I am not experienced at carving a whole bird.

I will search out the 15 min. fajita recipe, that sounds great too.

Thank you :)

I never do the carving. I don't know how to do it either. I do interactive shows and I ask if there is anyone present who gets to carve the Thanksgiving turkey or whole chicken's at home. Someone usually steps up and I assure them that they'll do a better job than I would. This also means that I’m not spending time on that task. By the time we get to carving the chicken, I want to be working on people’s orders.

Fajitas all the way! They have been SO successful.

Recipe is simple- and you can use more tools if you have them but htey are NOT necessary.

1 green pepper
1 red bell pepper (sometimes i leave this one out)
1 onion
3 chicken breasts (this is good for about 10-12 people, maybe a little less if there are boys)
1 garlic clove
1 lime

Slice the onions w/ the mandolin.
Same w/ the peppers or i like to used the forged cutlery to talk about it.
Put them in baker and then place chicken breasts on top.
Sprinkle with chipotle rub and southwestern seasoning (if you have it, if not, you can use somethign else)
Then peel and slice the clove of garlic all over the chicken (if you have peeler and slicer. if not, you can use the press)
Then juice the lime (if you have the citrus press)

Microwave for 15 minutes w/ cover on and check temperature (if you don't have the digital thermometer- get or borrow one, or just be REALLY sure the chicken is done)
Then you can slice hte chicken w/ the knife
OR use the salad choppers to chop if you have em.

You can showcase a LOT of products, but again, you don't have to have really all but the stuff in your kit if you already have the Deep Covered Baker which you do.

They are SOOOO yummy. Then have hte host get tortillas and sour cream or guac or salsa and cheese or whatever for the side.
I usually make homemade salsa w/ it and then add a little salsa to the avacados for fresh guac.
Using the salad choppers.
Sell a TON of em :)

I do the fajitas at my shows - but never thought to add the garlic! What a great tip - thanks!! I make the pass-around pinapple salsa with mine. I'm new and have not done many shows but my biggest sellers so far are the choppers and the pineapple wedger.

I am also a big fan of the 15 minute fajitas and the pass around salsa. I just do the cherry tomato, jalapeno, cilantro salsa. I make sure I bring the cilantro in the herb keeper. Please clarify with your host that her microwave measures 13"x13" or it could be awkward. I send a recipe selection sheet to my host along withe the guest list forms and ask her for a check for $15.00, stating that I can do the shopping for her. I learned this from my director and have never relied on my host to provide ingredients. I am just neurotic that way!:rolleyes:

I am not familar with pass around salsa....Can someone get me the details? Thanks!!!

sure....do a file search for 15 minute fajitas....it is at the bottom of the recipe. I got it off this site and have used it for over a year!

Here is the whole recipe

Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas

Toppings:
Gaucamole (premade or have ingredients to make at the show)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Fill the Mini Baker with the 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for @ 30-45 seconds to warm.

Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning (I also add a little bit of salt at this point). Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.

When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold ‘N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up From the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

Other ideas
Before the show:
• Trim the fat and ‘other stuff’ off of the chicken breasts using either the Kitchen Shears or the Boning Knife.
• Grate most of the cheese with the Ultimate Mandoline (save a small piece to demo) and put it in a small SA Bowl.

While the chicken is in the microwave:
• Pass around the Small Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Bowl with the Pass-Around-Salsa ingredients and Salad Choppers and have guests make the salsa. Or just buy your favorite salsa and put it in a small SA Bowl. Maybe show the Jar Opener here.
• Show guests how to work with an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the Mix ‘N Masher. Put it in a small SA Bowl.
• Put all the SA Bowls on the Woven Rectangle Tray.
• Use the Small Bamboo Ladle (from the Bamboo Serving Set) for the salsa
• Use the Small Bamboo Spoons for the guacamole and the grated cheese.
• Use either a Decorator Bottle or the Easy Accent Decorator for the sour cream.

Quick and Easy Salsa

1 small peeled onion
1 peeled garlic clove
1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
½ cup cilantro leaves

Coarsely chop using salad choppers

Add:
1 cup grape tomatoes
½ tsp salt

Chop until vegetables are uniform in size

Squeeze lime with citrus press, stir.

I don't have the salad choppers, but do have the professional sheers. I might try the fajitas. Thanks for all the great advice, everyone!!I would like to try to highlight my personal favorite items, and admittedly don't have experience with the cookware or knives beyond my kit. I can't try out the cookware in my kit because it is nonstick and I have a parrot (cooking nonstick is a risk for avian illness- they can fall suddenly and fatally ill if it gets too hot, and I won't take a chance). Should I try to push these items, or focus on what I know with great enthusiasm? Some of my items that I LOVE LOVE LOVE: DCB, bamboo serving bowls and platters (so beautiful, I have to bring them I think), stoneware pieces, pineapple wedger, garlic press, peeler, and slicer, classic batter bowl, microcookers, tool turnabout, professional shears.. should I bring most of these? (yes, I'm prepping for my very first shows..)

I would suggest that you cut the grape tomatoes in half before attempting to chop them with scissors. The first time I made the salsa I left the tomatoes whole, and squirted alot of people when I chopped them :D

Do you think the professional shears can be used in a similar way to the salad choppers? I haven't used the choppers, nor do I have them.

msmileyface said:
Do you think the professional shears can be used in a similar way to the salad choppers? I haven't used the choppers, nor do I have them.

No - there really is no comparison between the shears and the salad choppers.

It's hard to tell with the chopper picture in the catalog, but they are double bladed, and much larger than the shears. If you tried to do salsa with the shears, you'd be there all night.

In Lieu of salad choppers, I'd use the food chopper.

msmileyface said:
I don't have the salad choppers, but do have the professional sheers. I might try the fajitas. Thanks for all the great advice, everyone!!

I would like to try to highlight my personal favorite items, and admittedly don't have experience with the cookware or knives beyond my kit. I can't try out the cookware in my kit because it is nonstick and I have a parrot (cooking nonstick is a risk for avian illness- they can fall suddenly and fatally ill if it gets too hot, and I won't take a chance). Should I try to push these items, or focus on what I know with great enthusiasm? Some of my items that I LOVE LOVE LOVE: DCB, bamboo serving bowls and platters (so beautiful, I have to bring them I think), stoneware pieces, pineapple wedger, garlic press, peeler, and slicer, classic batter bowl, microcookers, tool turnabout, professional shears.. should I bring most of these? (yes, I'm prepping for my very first shows..)

Focus on what you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It will be much easier for you to do your show if you aren't trying to remember what other people told you is so great about other tools. Use the tools you know and love. Practice with the other ones at home and soon enough you'll love those too. Then you can talk about them at later shows. If it comes to you during the show, let the guests know what you hear from other consultants about some of the tools you haven't used yet.

JAE said:
Focus on what you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It will be much easier for you to do your show if you aren't trying to remember what other people told you is so great about other tools. Use the tools you know and love. Practice with the other ones at home and soon enough you'll love those too. Then you can talk about them at later shows. If it comes to you during the show, let the guests know what you hear from other consultants about some of the tools you haven't used yet.

Very good advice, Miss J!

Thanks very much :) As I prepare for my first shows I just need some reassurance :)

1. Which ingredients should I highlight in my recipe to increase sales?

To increase sales, it is important to highlight ingredients that are unique, on-trend, or offer health benefits. Some popular ingredients that tend to attract customers include superfoods like quinoa, chia seeds, and kale, as well as ingredients that cater to specific dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan options. You can also highlight local or seasonal ingredients to add a touch of freshness and promote supporting local businesses.

2. Should I focus on highlighting the flavor or the health benefits of ingredients?

It is important to strike a balance between flavor and health benefits when highlighting ingredients in your recipe. While some customers may be drawn to healthy options, others may be more interested in trying something new or indulging in a delicious treat. Try to find a middle ground and emphasize the unique flavor profile of the ingredient while also mentioning any potential health benefits.

3. How can I make my recipe stand out and increase bookings?

In addition to highlighting key ingredients, you can also make your recipe stand out by incorporating visual appeal. Use colorful and vibrant ingredients, garnishes, or plating techniques to make your recipe visually appealing. You can also offer variations or substitutions for those with dietary restrictions to cater to a wider audience. Lastly, sharing personal anecdotes or stories about the recipe can help create an emotional connection with your customers and increase bookings.

4. Should I include nutritional information in my recipe to increase sales?

While it is not necessary to include nutritional information in your recipe, it can be a helpful selling point for health-conscious customers. If your recipe contains ingredients that are low in calories, fat, or sugar, you can mention this in your description or include a nutrition label. However, keep in mind that taste and flavor should still be the main focus of your recipe in order to entice customers.

5. How can I use social media to promote my recipe and increase sales/bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool to promote your recipe and increase sales or bookings. You can share visually appealing photos of your dish, along with a brief description and a link to the full recipe. You can also collaborate with influencers or partner with other businesses to reach a wider audience. Additionally, using hashtags and engaging with your followers can help create buzz and attract potential customers to your recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies