• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Qualify for My First 90: Encouragement and Advice Needed

In summary, the author is pregnant and ready to have her baby, but she is feeling a bit discouraged because she does not have any shows booked and she is not sure how to proceed. She is looking for advice on how to move forward.
princessmeshelle
OK, I've never started a thread, so i hope I'm starting this in the right place. here is my problem. 1st 90 are up Sept 10. I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant and ready to pop yesterday. July was a good month for me as i am at 3 shows with $986 in sales. i am 1 show or $263 away from qualifying and i have plenty of time. however, i have tapped everyone i can think of, and it is starting to look like i have nothing in sight until the end of Sept. i have pampered a few businesses and had some success with it. on the one hand, it will not kill me not to qualify in my 1st 90. but on the other, i set my goal as either 4 shows or the $1250 in sales. i really want to do both since i am so close to both.and i hate the idea of not finishing what i started. i guess i need some encouragement. i don't want to give up, but am not seeing the best way forward. without stepping outside my comfort zone and going into businesses i don't know I'm out of businesses to pamper, tapped out the friends and family, and my grand opening was a flop. if i am repeating myself I'm sorry i just don't know how i should proceed:(... i just really don't want to be in the have to drop something because i had the baby earlier than expected.... anyone got any advice?

How about following up with every customer who made a purchase so far to see how they are enjoying their product - let them know of the discontinued items and see if maybe there was something they wanted but didn't get yet - a catalog show is only 150 in sales and can be done very easily! AND don't forget to take some outside orderforms and cattys to the labor room with you - YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

fundraiser?? You are so close to qualifying. i imagine you are tired from the baby. Do you have a director to help you?? Have you asked people at your OBGYN's? That might be a dumb question but sometimes things can be staring us in the face and we don't see them ( opportunities).

Firstly, don't give up. Whether the thread is in the right section or not doesn't really matter, posting here is the right place, we're here to help.

Have you written out and talked to everyone on your list of 100? My previous open houses have pretty much been flops as well, but I'm trying again next weekend. I have to admit I've been telling my friends that the baby will be there in hopes of inticing them to come... But I'm sure there are plenty of people out there you haven't spoken to yet.

I found that at first, if I'd call someone and ask them to book a show or asked them about the opportunity, I'd automatically accept the initial "no, thank you" and end the conversation. There are two ways around this. One is to politely ask why they're not interested and then see if you have a solution. The other is to "assume the sale." Word the conversation in the form of "I'd love to do a show for you, I think you'd have a great time, and I want to pamper you with some free products. Would a Tuesday or Wednesday work better for you?"

Have you called all those who ordered with your initial shows? When you do have shows with friends and family, tell them the best help they can provide is to invite people you don't know to help you expand your circle.

And don't rule out the idea of having another open house after the baby's born. When you do, coach yourself like you would your hosts. Call all your guests (or as many as you can), remind them, build excitement.

We all have times when giving up seems easier, but I'm sure you'll get through it, and we're here to help you along the way!

LOL! you know, i had not thought of taking stuff with me to the delivery room.... but i think i will pack some catalogs and order forms in there just in case. as for hitting up the doc's... i'm married to the military, so i'm not sure if that one would be ok. they have so many rules about things. i wish i could just send some stuff with my hubby or hit up our frg but both of those could come back to bite my hubby's butt. my next appt is friday, so i will have to try woman's health clinic. and yes i am tired... i think that is why i'm even considering giving up... it's just not me regularly..

Maybe you can send out an email to all your contacts and offer some sort of deal? Nothing too dramatic, since you don't want to eat your commission, but something like free shipping for orders of $50 or $100 or whatever you want to offer? Not to mention the current month's guest special? Make it a mystery host show and draw a name of a customer who orders...that person gets the host rewards. And don't forget to list out all of the retiring items, since Aug. 31 is coming up fast!

Take care and good luck with your baby!!! So exciting. :)

Do you have any family or friends out of state that could do a catalog show for you? I know you mentioned you were tapped out on that front, but I'm not sure if that includes local and non-local...

Don't quit. I had a rough start when I first started selling. But it gets better. I know you said you tapped out your family and friends, but have you told them how close you are to your goal? Maybe some of them will take catalogs and get orders and bookings from their friends and their friend's friends. Give them each the $150 goal and see if they are up for the challenge. By letting them know how CLOSE you are, I am sure they would want to help you out.

Be honest with people. Call everyone that has ordered and tell them what your goal is and how close they are. Let them know that there are some great things in the outlet right now as well. Get it bofore its gone! Make sure to mention the going, going, gone. If you can get just 3 people to agree to get up a $100 order you'll have it! You can do the same thing as you would for a mystery host show and give one person Free products, one person a half price item and one the 20% off of anything that they wanted.
DON"T GIVE UP!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

ok, so i'm contacting the last few people that i know said they were intersted. hard to talk to ppl when they don't answer the phone though. i want to thank everyone for the encouragement i didn't mention it before but i am also getting ver being sick as well as the pregnant thing so i have been dragging my feet these past 2 weeks and i know i have. than ya'll again and i will be coming back here to remotivate myself when i get discouraged... i know i will until i really get going again. back to the drawing board!

I feel your pain. I was about to give about a few weeks ago. I had pretty much begged my friends and family to do shows for me and I didnt have much luck ( amazing how many of them werent supportive) and I got a friend of mine out of state to have a catty show and then my sons teacher had one and I got three bookings off one that one show, so I felt so much better. I am hoping with the new catalog I can get some more interest soon . dont give up!!

Talk to your FRG leader about doing a fundraiser for the FRG. Find out where the FRG leaders mail room is and do up a flier to put in all their mailboxes.

Wear logo wear and carry business cards to all FRG functions. Really, what YOU do with FRG won't come back to bite the Hubby (unless you are the FRG leader! I was the leader and could NOT push PC with the FRG because of it).

Good luck and PLEASE don't give up!!!

Don't forget to ask for referrals? Offer the referree something if the person orders.

Maybe do an e-mail catalog show yourself. Offer friends a rub or SB if they pass on the e-mail and get an order for you.

And, life will not end if you don't qualify in 90 days...

princessmeshelle said:
i'm married to the military, so i'm not sure if that one would be ok. they have so many rules about things. i wish i could just send some stuff with my hubby or hit up our frg but both of those could come back to bite my hubby's butt.

I was the President of my FRG for the past year and although I wasn't aloud to approach people about PC, my friends already new I was a consultant so they would come to me anyways... The only reason I wasn't aloud to approach anyone was because I was the president. If you're FRG has meetings, mine does, just bring some cattys and order forms and ask your pres if it's ok to leave them for people to look at or if it's ok to let everyone know what you're goals are and how close you are to reaching them... there's no harm in asking right? You'll find many of these women will be very supportive, their in somewhat of the same situations you are at times and some may be in direct sales of their own... And as far as sending stuff with your dh I'd try and steer clear of that... you can ask guys that he's close friends with if they or their wife would like to order, but bringing it to work may come back negatively... My husband told me straight up that he wouldn't take them in because it's been stated it's not aloud...
I was close to quitting too, for different reasons though and my FRG has some members that are my best customers... my CO's wife being one of them. She has two catalog shows a year. So don't give up and keep your chin up... Don't forget to bring the GOING GOING GONE flyer too with cattys and order forms... :) Good luck sweetie and I hope you'll keep us updated.

Have you tried a Mystery Host show? I just did one the other night, (was not in the mood for it that night) but did it and over $600 in sales. I invited 30 people, only 5 came, I had a few outside orders. I gave away a Food Chopper for RSVPing, a tomato knife for a guest and the gal who won the $140 in FREE products shared her half price with a couple of the other ladies that came. I called every onw and offered the 25% off to boost the show total also. I gave tickets out to the RSVP gals and drew one winner for the food chopper. Only one person brought a friend, so she won the knife. Everyone loved the demo, and hoping I do it again before Christmas. One guest told me her mom was upset I didn't invite her, but she was suppose to bring her as a guest. Turned out she had company and wouldn't have come anyway. Just shows to invite everyone. Hope this helps.

thanks for the input. i will be advertising that i am a PC consultant, however, i was the FRG Co Leader thru our last deployment so i already know i can adverise with my bag, logo wear, have cattys availible and buisness cards, i can take info. i can do all that IF they approach me. i cannot approach others about it. as for doing fundraisers for my battery, i can't. this chain of command wants to stear clear of even looking like they are playing favorites. which i get. i am in the process of looking into other companies though. i have just been going slower cuz like i said before i don't like starting things i can't finish in a timely manner. but, i am in the process of trying to word an email for friends and family about a mystery host catty show. i'm in alaska and most everyone else is in the lower 48 so it's kinda hard to invite everyone over.. however, starting this thread has lit a fire under my rear to stop procrastinating and get moving again. sorry if this was long winded, i will try update as things happen. thanks again to everyone for the support! ppl around me have been mostly supportive, but they are quick to tell me to give up for now. i'm glad to hear i'm not crazy for wanting to keep trying!

ok, so, i'm getting down to the wire, and thanks to health reasons i wasn't able to get my mystery host show going last week:cry: and i'm not really up for tryign to figure out how to pull it off with me here in AK and most everyone else elswhere. HOWEVER, i have not given up. i have roughly 2 1/2 weeks and i'm gonna try to pull off a plain catty show. but i need advice on my invite letter. i'm hoping to get this out tonight at the latest so info asap would be greatly appreciated! this is what i got, i want to make sure i don't sound too pushy or too needy. i was going for the i need your help but not sounding too desperate... feel free to be brutally honest

Hello Everyone!

As I’m sure everyone remembers, in June I became an Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef. Thanks to many people, I am now very close to meeting my goal of becoming qualified in my first 90 days.

I am having a Catalog show to kick off the new Fall and Winter Season and to hopefully get me the rest of the way to my qualification goal. We have many new items available like our new bamboo knife block for our Forged Cutlery Collection and out new medium round stone with handles from our Stoneware line. With the holiday shopping season right around the corner, it is never too early to get a jump on our holiday shopping. In fact, our quality kitchen tools make great gifts any time! See a lot you want? Ask me how to get more for your money by hosting your own show. With our September and October Host Specials on our cookware and simple additions line, there isn’t a better time to host a show!

This catalog show will only be open until September 8th, so be sure to place your order today!

Thank you everyone for your support in starting my new business!

Sincerely,
Michelle Hull
Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef

PS
Please feel free to share this opportunity with your friends! I love referrals!

sorry this was so long!

I think the letter's great. You don't sound needy or pushy at all. Good for you for telling them your goal. Maybe you could mention how much money you are away from your goal?!

Good luck....YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :D

Great letter and I agree with Marie-France about mentioning how close you are to your goals. I know if I were receiving that email I'd want to help you out.

I wish you luck and keep us up to date on everything. :)

Fantastic letter! Thanks for sharing. I have a couple new consultants who are in the same situation. This will be a great example for them.

great thanks! that was the one thing i was sure about, but i think i'll put it in!

just keepin ppl updated, not a done deal yet, but i LOVE my mom!! a lady who wasn't able to order from my mom's show might have an order big enough to qualify me! i mean it would qualify the whole show i just opened... if my mom isn't over exaggerating... now, if there order is big enought to be it's own show... should i offer to let the woman have her own show so she can try take advantage of the host specials? or just let sleeping dogs lie and let her qualify my show and me as a consultant??i know the order isn't placed yet and i may be excited about nothing... but when the time comes, if the order IS that big... i would like an idea of what i should do.

Do you have any other orders that need to be turned in?

If not... and since you have time... I would probably turn it in as her own show, basically telling her that she's got a bonus free product of whatever $$ to spend. You're going to have a good customer for life if you take good care of her.

At the very least, I would offer her a free something (cookbook maybe?) that you'd buy out of your Free Product Value as hostesss just as a thank you for the big order. Be sincere in telling her you appreciate her support of your new business and look forward to taking care of her PC needs for a long time to come!

And I think this answers your original question. Keep Going!

The key to your success with that letter is to PERSONALLY call EACH person you send it to.

Last edited:
Oh, don't give up!!

How about this...I did a "Baby" promotion to get people to keep me active.

MY SPECIAL “BABY” PROMOTION:
Host a Catalog Show in September or October and get your choice of a $30 or less item (anything in the whole catalog!) for the Birth Weight of the Baby!
For Example….
If the baby weighs 8lbs 5 ounces – you can get the Cutting Board with Measure Cups (#1028) regularly $30 for $8.50!!

My hubby thought I was "promoting" the baby a bit, but most of the ladies thought it was creative. I had quite a few takers...My son was born in Sept of last year. I didn't do a home cooking show from Sept through April of 2008! I submitted something every month and stayed active. I'll attach the promotion - you can send it out via email or modify it as you see fit...

Good Luck!
Joanne

Attachments

• FourthChildCatalogshow.doc
    101 KB · Views: 345
princessmeshelle said:
just keepin ppl updated, not a done deal yet, but i LOVE my mom!! a lady who wasn't able to order from my mom's show might have an order big enough to qualify me! i mean it would qualify the whole show i just opened... if my mom isn't over exaggerating... now, if there order is big enought to be it's own show... should i offer to let the woman have her own show so she can try take advantage of the host specials? or just let sleeping dogs lie and let her qualify my show and me as a consultant??i know the order isn't placed yet and i may be excited about nothing... but when the time comes, if the order IS that big... i would like an idea of what i should do.

So, is your Mom's show closed? If it's not, then, no, I wouldn't offer for her to put it on her own, because I would want your Mom to get the most benefits. If your Mom's show's closed, then, you could do it either way. My initial answer would be to say for you to put it in as your own show so that you can add to your stock, which is nice to do when you're just starting. It's kind of a tough call, though....

IAmChefJ said:
Do you have any other orders that need to be turned in?

If not... and since you have time... I would probably turn it in as her own show, basically telling her that she's got a bonus free product of whatever $$ to spend. You're going to have a good customer for life if you take good care of her.

At the very least, I would offer her a free something (cookbook maybe?) that you'd buy out of your Free Product Value as hostesss just as a thank you for the big order. Be sincere in telling her you appreciate her support of your new business and look forward to taking care of her PC needs for a long time to come!

And I think this answers your original question. Keep Going!

I second this! Great advice! :)

I just had a baby on the 15th, and two weeks before having her, I did a baby sale where I offered 10% off all orders, 20% off for past host. It went over well. I also booked a PC show while in labor, and recieved a few orders during that time as well. (PC was the last thing on my mind at the time, but the med techs saw the catalog in my purse and went all crazy over it lol).

Good luck with everything!

1. What does "Give up or Keep Going" mean?

"Give up or Keep Going" is a phrase used to encourage individuals to reassess their goals and decide whether to continue working towards them or to let them go. It reminds us to reflect on our progress and determine if our efforts are truly worth it.

2. How do I know if it's time to give up or keep going?

The decision to give up or keep going is a personal one and will depend on your individual circumstances and goals. It's important to take time to reflect on your progress and consider if your efforts align with your values and priorities. Seek advice from trusted friends or mentors and trust your gut instinct.

3. Is it okay to give up on my goals?

It's important to remember that giving up doesn't necessarily mean failure. Sometimes, our goals may change or circumstances may prevent us from achieving them. It's important to reassess and make decisions that align with our values and priorities. Giving up on a goal can also free up time and energy for new opportunities.

4. How do I stay motivated when faced with obstacles?

When faced with obstacles, it can be easy to feel discouraged and want to give up. To stay motivated, remind yourself of your why and the reasons why you set this goal in the first place. Break down your goal into smaller, more manageable tasks and celebrate small victories along the way. Surround yourself with a supportive community and seek inspiration from others who have overcome similar challenges.

5. What are some signs that it's time to give up?

While the decision to give up is a personal one, some signs that it may be time to let go of a goal include a lack of progress or fulfillment, constant feelings of stress or burnout, and a misalignment with your values and priorities. It's important to listen to your mind and body and trust yourself to make the best decision for your well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newbieconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • Humble Beginnings