• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Steak Catering: Advice Needed for Host

It sounds great. I'll probably cook any relatively think (less than 1 inch) meat this way for a while, until I find something else interesting.
smithcooking
I have a host that is wanting to also do steak with this. Has anyone done this and do you think that it will work?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you,

I do steak in my grill pan a lot. The only thing I do differently is that I marinate the steak in coca cola for about 30-45 minutes in the fridge in a glass dish (the hostess could do this ahead of time). Make sure you know what type of steak it is (Ribeyes are usually best), and grill away. I get the temperature to about 155 degrees, but I do turn it twice. Try it at home before your show. Heat is on medium. Good Luck.

Oh yeah - I use the peppercorn and garlic rub. It's great.

Last edited:
We've done steak a lot in the grill pan and always with some kind of rub. My kids are PC "snob" and nothing but PC products are used in our kitchen. You will just have to figure out how long on each side for the type/cut of beef you use. I don't see why you couldn't do it with pork or fish also.

jla8279 said:
I do steak in my grill pan a lot. The only thing I do differently is that I marinate the steak in coca cola for about 30-45 minutes in the fridge in a glass dish (the hostess could do this ahead of time). Make sure you know what type of steak it is (Ribeyes are usually best), and grill away. I get the temperature to about 155 degrees, but I do turn it twice. Try it at home before your show. Heat is on medium. Good Luck.

Sounds yummy!!! I'll have to try this sometime soon.

Love it with pork too!! It was probably the best pork chops I've made ever! Again, just check your temperature. I used a little lemon pepper (only on one side) and it was just right.

The guidelines are on the Chicken Your Way download behind CC.Just make sure the steaks aren't too thick.

I think it sounds great. I'll probably cook any relatively think (less than 1 inch) meat this way for a while, until I find something else interesting.

1. What are some tips for selecting the best cuts of steak for a catering event?

When selecting cuts of steak for a catering event, it's important to consider the cooking method and the preferences of your guests. For grilling, choose cuts like ribeye, New York strip, or filet mignon. For braising or stewing, choose tougher cuts like chuck or brisket. Also, consider offering a variety of cuts to cater to different taste preferences.

2. How should I go about marinating the steak for a catering event?

For marinating steak, it's best to use an acidic marinade with ingredients like vinegar or citrus juice. This will help tenderize the meat and add flavor. Make sure to marinate the steak for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 24 hours. Also, pat the steak dry before cooking to prevent excess moisture and ensure a nice crust.

3. What is the best way to cook steak for a large catering event?

The best way to cook steak for a large catering event is by using a grill or a broiler. These methods allow for even cooking and can accommodate a large quantity of steak at once. Make sure to preheat the grill or broiler before cooking and keep an eye on the steak to prevent overcooking.

4. Are there any recommended side dishes to serve with steak for a catering event?

Yes, there are many delicious side dish options to serve with steak for a catering event. Some popular choices include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, and a mixed green salad. Consider offering a variety of sides to cater to different dietary restrictions and preferences.

5. How should I handle food safety when serving steak at a catering event?

Food safety is crucial when serving steak at a catering event. Make sure to keep the steak refrigerated until it's time to cook and follow proper cooking temperatures to ensure the meat is cooked to a safe internal temperature. Also, make sure to have separate utensils and cutting boards for raw and cooked meat to prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pampered_rae
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JanisF