• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guacamole: Tips for Trying It Out

In summary, to make guacamole you will need avocados, lime juice, salt, cilantro, onion, and tomatoes. Ripe avocados will be slightly soft to the touch and have a dark green color. The best way to mash avocados is using a fork or potato masher. To prevent guacamole from turning brown, you can squeeze lemon or lime juice over the top and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Some variations you can try with guacamole include adding ingredients like corn, black beans, mango, or pineapple, experimenting with different spices and herbs, or using it as a topping for dishes like tacos, burritos, or salads.
cochef
Gold Member
Has anyone done this and does it work? I have a host who wants to do it but I have not done guacamole. Any tips?

I did it several months ago. I went to visit my so and took everything to do Fast Fajitas and homemade salsa. He bought the ingredients for guacamole. He actually bought a packet of seasoning that you just mix with the avocado. They loved it and it was so quick and easy to make with the MFP. Hope this helps.

i used it once too, worked great :) i recommend chopping up the tomatoes then add the avocado :)

I make fresh salsa (pico de gallo), take out about 3/4 to serve as dip, add softened cream cheese-& 2 peeled avocados & you have your creamy guacamole. Might need a little more salt. You can substitute sour cream & add extra chili depending on your crowd. For extra chili, I mean flakes or cayenne or chilitepines, not chili powder.

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I have definitely done this before. It is a great way to show off our products and engage with your guests. As for the guacamole, it is one of my favorite recipes to make with our products. My top tip would be to use our manual food processor to quickly and easily mash up the avocados. Also, don't forget to add some fresh lime juice for a little extra flavor. Your guests will love it! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need to make guacamole?

To make guacamole, you will need avocados, lime juice, salt, cilantro, onion, and tomatoes. You can also add jalapeno peppers, garlic, and other seasonings to taste.

How do I know when avocados are ripe?

A ripe avocado will be slightly soft to the touch and have a dark green color. You can also remove the stem - if it is green, the avocado is ripe, but if it is brown, it is overripe.

What is the best way to mash avocados for guacamole?

The best way to mash avocados for guacamole is using a fork or potato masher. You can also use a food processor for a smoother consistency.

How do I keep guacamole from turning brown?

To prevent guacamole from turning brown, squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the top and cover tightly with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic is touching the surface of the guacamole. This will help slow down the oxidation process.

What are some variations I can try with guacamole?

You can customize your guacamole by adding ingredients like corn, black beans, mango, or pineapple. You can also experiment with different spices and herbs, or use it as a topping for dishes like tacos, burritos, or salads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
richsimpkinsg
  • byrd1956