• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Hosting a Fiesta? Tips for Salsa & Guacamole on a Budget

In summary, the recipes that can be done with a digital countertop appliance are the lava cake, the choclava cake, the brownies, and the rocky road. They are all very easy to do, and very fast.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Any tips?? Do you do both salsa and guacamole? Do you find it's expensive for hosts?

super easy, super inexpensive, super sales! love that show. I do the pineapple mango salsa with the fajitas. So sell bakers and MFPs.

I ditto everything Jenni said. I do them all the time and my show avg is always $850+. I do a fresh salsa with mine as well in the MFP. All summer I did the fresh pineapple salsa with tomatoes/seedless cucumber/cilantro/lime juice/red onion or sometimes something as simple as kiwi's and pineapple with lime juice. Always a hit and I sell both as well as my Ultimate Mandoline which is as much a staple to me at my shows as the DCB.

The recipe I downloaded was the Ultimate Chicken FAjitas or something from CS...the fajitas themselves were good, and I liked the idea of doing guacamole and salsa while the fajitas are in the microwave....but I was worried about the cost. Should I just cut it down to doing salsa in the MFP?

I used to do salsa and guacamole and then I started just doing salsa. For the past 2 years I have just done the fajitas and I still have great sales and it is very quick and easy.

PamperedK said:
The recipe I downloaded was the Ultimate Chicken FAjitas or something from CS...the fajitas themselves were good, and I liked the idea of doing guacamole and salsa while the fajitas are in the microwave....but I was worried about the cost. Should I just cut it down to doing salsa in the MFP?

I don't do the salsa and guac... I do the lava cake in the rice cooker. Cheap!

I do the salsa wih the fajitas. Its another stone to carry but I may add the 13 minute cake in the fluted pan during October since the stones are on sale. I always sell those when I do that.

I used to do salsa and guacamole when we had the guacamole seasoning...but now, I just do the fajitas and salsa. Like others have said, being able to demo the DCB and the MFP is a winner for me!

Anyone wanting to add a micro cake for October, the pear gingerbread one in seasons best is very good and a nice "fall" recipe.

Chefbeckyd said:
I used to do salsa and guacamole when we had the guacamole seasoning...but now, I just do the fajitas and salsa. Like others have said, being able to demo the DCB and the MFP is a winner for me!

I tell my hosts that if they want to add guacamole to the mix to just get an avocado. Then after making the salsa, I leave about 1/2 cup in the MFP and combine that with with a cut up avocado. It really doesn't take any more time or effort. Most hosts don't take me up on it though.

I make the fajitas and a mango/jalapeno (no jicama) salsa. (I use two quarters of one onion, and 1/2 of the bell pepper from the fajitas), add mango, one jalapeno, squeeze lime, and chili lime rub.I used to make guac...but no more. I just have it on the list as an optional ingredient if they want it.I will either do choclava cake in 13 minutes or brownies in 6 minutes. I did rocky road for a while but now just make brownies in 6 minutes and serve with ice cream and walnuts. SUPER fast and easy! (ghiradelli brownie mix)Yes, I take two DCB with me to shows, one in both colors.

ChefCKHall said:
I make the fajitas and a mango/jalapeno (no jicama) salsa. (I use two quarters of one onion, and 1/2 of the bell pepper from the fajitas), add mango, one jalapeno, squeeze lime, and chili lime rub.

I used to make guac...but no more. I just have it on the list as an optional ingredient if they want it.

I will either do choclava cake in 13 minutes or brownies in 6 minutes.

I did rocky road for a while but now just make brownies in 6 minutes and serve with ice cream and walnuts. SUPER fast and easy! (ghiradelli brownie mix)

Yes, I take two DCB with me to shows, one in both colors.

I have a party next week where we're doing the Tomato Basil Pasta, and Mom's Apple Crisp. BUT, I'm only bringing one DCB, and I'm using my hosts DCB to do one of the recipes. Less carrying and washing up for me!

Chefbeckyd said:
I have a party next week where we're doing the Tomato Basil Pasta, and Mom's Apple Crisp. BUT, I'm only bringing one DCB, and I'm using my hosts DCB to do one of the recipes. Less carrying and washing up for me!

Absolutely only take one if they already have one! I put the extra in the trunk of my car and the TTA. Then when I unload my rolling bag, I put them in so it is not so heavy to get in and out. I take only what I need but when you add the bag, the bag with catalogs (15-20) and my purse, calendar, binder of recipes and binder of specials. there is NO WAY I am just using picnic tote LOL

I use the rolling bag and the large hideaway (fits nicely on top of rolling bag)

ChefCKHall said:
Absolutely only take one if they already have one! I put the extra in the trunk of my car and the TTA. Then when I unload my rolling bag, I put them in so it is not so heavy to get in and out. I take only what I need but when you add the bag, the bag with catalogs (15-20) and my purse, calendar, binder of recipes and binder of specials. there is NO WAY I am just using picnic tote LOL

I use the rolling bag and the large hideaway (fits nicely on top of rolling bag)

See, here in Michigan, with rain, snow, mud, ice, etc....about 9 months out of the year, the rolling bag just doesn't work. I have one (earned it a long time ago when it was an incentive), but now it sits in my basement and gets hauled out for Vendor Events once or twice a year.

I used the Picnic Tote all summer, but the latter half of this month I've been using my Sept. incentive Bag....it's wonderful! LOVE that bag!

Chefbeckyd said:
See, here in Michigan, with rain, snow, mud, ice, etc....about 9 months out of the year, the rolling bag just doesn't work. I have one (earned it a long time ago when it was an incentive), but now it sits in my basement

LMAO! Mine is in my basement as well.

A few years ago at Leadership when Franklin-Covey was there, a bunch of people bought these beautiful rolling briefcases. A consultant asked me why I didn't buy one and my response was, "You don't live where it snows, do you?" She told me she lived in Arizona. I told her that's why I didn't buy one and she said, "I don't understand." :veryfunny:

ChefCKHall said:
brownies in 6 minutes.

How'd I miss this?????? just a boxed mix.....9X13????

finley1991 said:
LMAO! Mine is in my basement as well.

A few years ago at Leadership when Franklin-Covey was there, a bunch of people bought these beautiful rolling briefcases. A consultant asked me why I didn't buy one and my response was, "You don't live where it snows, do you?" She told me she lived in Arizona. I told her that's why I didn't buy one and she said, "I don't understand." :veryfunny:

And if you say it sits in your basement....they may be wondering what a basement is too. :veryfunny:

(Every so often, I have a new consultant who wants to buy the rolling tote - I offer to sell them mine, and tell them why I don't use it. They've all decided not to make the investment too. :) )

annew said:
How'd I miss this?????? just a boxed mix.....9X13????

Instead of Rocky Road Brownie by scratch, I use a box brownie mix. Make accdg to instructions in the dcb. Put it in micro uncovered for 6 minutes. Voila! Brownies...add marshmallows and nuts if you wish... I like to serve with ice cream and nuts!

1. How many people should I invite to my fiesta?

The number of people you invite to your fiesta depends on the size of your budget and the space available at your venue. As a general rule, plan for at least 1.5 tacos per person and 1 cup of salsa and guacamole for every 3-4 people.

2. How can I save money on salsa and guacamole for my fiesta?

One way to save money on salsa and guacamole is to make them yourself. You can buy the ingredients in bulk and make large batches, which will be more cost-effective than buying pre-made versions. You can also substitute expensive ingredients, like avocados, with cheaper alternatives like white beans or peas.

3. What are some budget-friendly salsa and guacamole recipes for a fiesta?

For salsa, you can try a simple pico de gallo with diced tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. For guacamole, you can make a basic version with mashed avocados, lime juice, salt, and pepper. You can also add in some diced onions and tomatoes for extra flavor and texture. Another budget-friendly option is to make a black bean and corn salsa, which is both flavorful and filling.

4. How can I make sure my salsa and guacamole stay fresh during the fiesta?

To keep your salsa and guacamole fresh, store them in airtight containers and refrigerate until it's time to serve. You can also place the containers in a bowl of ice to keep them chilled. Avoid leaving them out at room temperature for too long, as this can cause them to spoil.

5. What are some other budget-friendly food options for a fiesta?

In addition to salsa and guacamole, you can also serve budget-friendly options like tacos with simple fillings like beans, rice, and cheese. You can also make a large batch of Spanish rice or a simple bean and corn salad. For drinks, you can serve homemade horchata or agua fresca instead of purchasing expensive sodas or alcoholic beverages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef