• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ss Saute Pan - Need Help Asap to Get Clean

I was going to call, just haven't gotten to it yet. So I was wondering if anyone has called on that?Yes, I have called about the same issue. The person I talked to said they had not heard of that and are sending me a care card with a solution.I called about the same issue. The person I talked to said they had not heard of that and are sending me a care card with a solution.
Loreen
:eek: I tried using SS saute pan - put a little canola oil in it to saute some shrimp. Hubby came home for lunch and I was distracted and forgot about the pan on the stove. Now, I have an icky / a little stick area in the pan that I can't get clean. Any suggestions

I too have the same problem. I have tried Cameo to get it clean and still have that ichy look in there. I can't use this at shows now. Have you heard how to clean it?

I had the same type of problem. I used the Cameo. I really had to rub. I put a thick paste on it and just a little bit of water. I used all my strengh and didn't give up. It finally came out. I think I'm going to keep it strictly for show displays.

Try soaking in the vinegar solutioin mentioned on the care card. Then use cameo/barkeeper's friend.

Is Cameo/Barkeeper's friend recommended by HO or just vinegar?

I use Bar Keeper's Friend (powder) and the cleanup is easy and spotless.

Recommend any person purchasing stainless be advised to purchase this. It is a painless way to keep stainless looking good!

I tried the vinegar on mine and it didn't do a think. Cameo was the only thing that worked.

bethsbiz said:
I use Bar Keeper's Friend (powder) and the cleanup is easy and spotless.

Recommend any person purchasing stainless be advised to purchase this. It is a painless way to keep stainless looking good!

OK...where can I find this so I can have it on hand & at my shows? TIA;)

Ginger428 said:
OK...where can I find this so I can have it on hand & at my shows? TIA;)

Hi Ginger. I know I saw the Bar Keepers Friend at my local food store and at Walmart.

OK Thx Dawn, will try it later after my Docs Appt.;)

dannyzmom said:
Is Cameo/Barkeeper's friend recommended by HO or just vinegar?

I am 99% sure it is recommended by HO.

I am glad to see I am not the only one with that sticky look in their pan. I will try the vingar and see if it works. Thanks for the tip!

Shannon

Did the Cameo work the first time? I have tried it 2 x's now and I still have that sticky look around the outer part of the bottom still. Not clean enough yet to show to guests.

I called about cleaning the professional pan some time ago and HO suggested Bar Keepers Friend or Cameo so yes they do recommend those products.

The vinegar solution is to get rid of a blue tint that the SS can get (happened to my pan and the vinegar worked perfect!).

The bottom of my pan was fine, but the sides on the very top and around the little circles where the handle connects was brown marks. Nothing I did got it out. I tried for three days. Finally I got the Cameo and used a little elbow grease and I got it out. It wasn't easy. I don't think I'll use it again. I still love my Executive the best!!!

I have to say, that I have used the SS twice, both times, spraying the heck out of the pan. And, both times I have had a royal mess. I am not loving the pan. I cleaned it up and figured I'll just use it for demos.

AJPratt said:
I have to say, that I have used the SS twice, both times, spraying the heck out of the pan. And, both times I have had a royal mess. I am not loving the pan. I cleaned it up and figured I'll just use it for demos.

I wasn't overly impressed with mine either. I made eggs & they turned out horrible. Even though I sprayed it they still stuck to the pan. The cleaning was horrible. I like my Exective the best. Once I finally get it cleaned I will show it to my customer. I won't use it though.

Shannon

Do we know if HO is aware of how hard it is to clean these pans once something has stuck? I used oil and I still had a hard time and still have brown markings in the pain that refuse to come out.
I was going to call, just haven't gotten to it yet. So I was wondering if anyone has called on that?

I made a chicken with mushroom sauce in mine -- it did not stick, but got a rainbow discoloration on the inside of the pan. I called HO and the person I talked to to said they had not heard of that and are sending me a new one -- should have it tomorrow! I have not had a problem with SS cookware like that before. Now I am starting to read more about all the problems with cleaning - yuck! I love my Executive Cookware!

I tried to brown some leftover potatoes for breakfast in some butter, and instead of browning the potatoes, the parts that browned stuck to the pan, and i ended up with mushy potatoes and one heck of a mess to clean up! I am re-thinking my prior thoughts of getting the 12" skillet in SS...I think I am sticking with Executive!

I truly believe that Executive is the way to go. Maybe use the 8 inch SS for your home use, but not to show it at a party.

I love the look of the new SS but am afraid to use it because of something like that can happen. I am so glad that we have CS because I think all of you are so resourceful. Thanks to all,from somebody who hasn't been at it too long!

If you have food that is stuck to the pan, put in on the stove with some water. Bring the water to a boil and use a spatula to scrape. Empty the contents then wash using Bar Keepers Friend. It will look good as new. I have had a set of SS pans for over 25 years and they still look great and this is how I clean them.

Thanks for the suggestionsI did buy Cameo and it worked fairly well. I still have some minor discoloration but it's not sticky anymore. Need to try the vinegar and or the boil water in it methods and see if that helps. Glad to know I'm not the only one not loving the SS.

I am so glad that I read this, I was so excited to get my SS but now I am definately rethinking it.

Cleaning SS cookwareI just took the online class on stainless steel and they recommend occasionally using a stainless steel cleaner and a soft cloth on them (not every time but when they get marks/worn looking).

The use and care says to remove food residues, soak in hot, soapy water. A nonabrasive sponge, cloth or kitchen brush may be uses on all surfaces. ...for tougher food buildup use a stainless polisher and cleanser (available at most grocery stores). Rinse and dry completely. To remove water spots or discoloration use equal parts vinegar and water, apply with sponge or soft cloth. Allow to sit 10 minutes and rinse and dry.

Do not use abrasive cleansers such as steel wool, cleansers with chlorine bleach or oven cleaning solutions as this may permanently damage the surface and void the guarantee. They do not mention bar keepers friend or cameo so I don't know - are these too abrasive for ss?? Has anyone contacted HO with this question?

I tried all of the above, and the only thing that worked for me was the Cameo. (I didn't try the Bar Keepers Friend) The vinegar and water was a waste of time and soap and water was just not enough to get it clean. I think I remember hearing from someone that HO endorsed either the Bar Keepers Friend and the Cameo. I tried it and it worked great. I still had to apply a little elbow grease, but I eventually got it clean. I think during pan-o-rama months I'm just going to use the SS set for display purposes. I don't want to take the chance.

I toasted hamburger buns in mine and there were rings that would not come out. I called PC they sent me a new pan. I will not use it except to show and will tell people it only looks this nice till you use it or spend a great deal of time cleaning it. I love my non stick prof. or exec. cookware

Dawn4 said:
I tried all of the above, and the only thing that worked for me was the Cameo. (I didn't try the Bar Keepers Friend) The vinegar and water was a waste of time and soap and water was just not enough to get it clean. I think I remember hearing from someone that HO endorsed either the Bar Keepers Friend and the Cameo. I tried it and it worked great. I still had to apply a little elbow grease, but I eventually got it clean. I think during pan-o-rama months I'm just going to use the SS set for display purposes. I don't want to take the chance.
I had said that they told me to use it on the Prof and Exec cookware and that I thought it would be okay on SS but didn't know for sure. Good to hear that it worked.

trps said:
I toasted hamburger buns in mine and there were rings that would not come out. I called PC they sent me a new pan. I will not use it except to show and will tell people it only looks this nice till you use it or spend a great deal of time cleaning it. I love my non stick prof. or exec. cookware
Ouch. I think that it might be better if you don't even show it then. If I felt this way about a product I would not bring it up and when asked I would say "A lot of people love Stainless Steel Cookware but I personally don't care for it. It's everyone's preference." If they buy it and have a problem HO will back the product up and replace it. I would definitely tell purchasers to use it within the 30 days so PC even pays to ship it back to HO if they have an issue.

Also...If you go to CC & look under product use & care, It says Hand Wash Only.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just 1 more thing, If you cant use abrasives on it, than you might as well get the Executive......:confused:

Ginger428 said:
Also...If you go to CC & look under product use & care, It says Hand Wash Only.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just 1 more thing, If you cant use abrasives on it, than you might as well get the Executive......:confused:
WOW - I didn't catch that but you're right! lol

I agree. I was excited to get the stainless sets but now am considering just the 12 inch skillet and the 10 inch saute. I do LOVE the executive.

What I really hate is the "made in china". You would think we could find manufacturers elsewhere that can do our quality of products. lol

I have used my 8 inch several time (chicken and mushrooms and the artichoke chicken in the 29 Minute cookbook) No problem because it calls for using oil in the pan before the chicken. I then tried to brown meatball.... total disaster. I complete lost the first batch because they stuck so bad. My husband sells commercial cooking equipment (big stoves, refrigs etc to restaurants) and says that SS is really meant for high temp cooking... like in restaurant applications. I don't plan on pushing the SS because I don't want to deal with the unhappy customers. If we are all so unhappy with the performance of the SS what do you expect from the average cook?

I agree. I guess the best thing is to learn about it (that it likes high temps better and what kind of foods work best in it) and when promoting it just say that for those of you who prefer SS cookware we now have it. I would also point out that most people prefer the non-stick cookware or a combination of both. Let them decide what works for them and remind them that with all cookware they need to read the recommendations enclosed with it for best results.

BethCooks4U said:
WOW - I didn't catch that but you're right! lol

I agree. I was excited to get the stainless sets but now am considering just the 12 inch skillet and the 10 inch saute. I do LOVE the executive.

What I really hate is the "made in china". You would think we could find manufacturers elsewhere that can do our quality of products. lol

I LOVE my Executive sets & the 12in skillet ( won them ALL on last years P-O-Rama) I am SO HAPPY with them. I just wish the lid came with the 12 in. At my shows of late, I almost have them sold & then they ask about the lid & I think it turns them off....like maybe sell it for 150.00 with the lid, I bet a lot more people wolud bite....LOL....or maybe with my P O R points, just get a bunch of lids & tell guests, buy a skillet get the lid free....:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

Steering away from StainlessWe used the 8 in" sautee pan tonight for the first time. I am glad I gave a sneak peak to those interested in SS before we used it - - it will never be the same. Came on here to see if any of you had any suggestions for cleaning and see the same issues we had. My husband is the cook and I am just the one who brings him the PC products was making stew and was going to sear the meat - I told him to try the SS. UGH! Wish I never mentioned that. Hours later and trying all the remedies you all have suggested I still have a pan that I could never show at a show.

We will definitely stick with the Executive!

1. How do I remove stuck-on residue from my stainless steel saute pan?

To remove stuck-on residue from your stainless steel saute pan, start by filling the pan with hot water and adding a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes to loosen the residue. Then, use a scouring pad or non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub the pan. If the residue is still stubborn, you can also try using a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing again. Rinse the pan thoroughly with hot water and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Can I use steel wool to clean my stainless steel saute pan?

Avoid using steel wool or other abrasive materials on your stainless steel saute pan, as they can scratch the surface. It's best to use a non-abrasive sponge or scouring pad to clean your pan. If you have stubborn residue, you can also try using a mixture of water and white vinegar to gently scrub it away.

3. Will baking soda help remove residue from my stainless steel saute pan?

Yes, baking soda can be an effective cleaner for stainless steel pans. Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda onto the bottom of your pan and add enough water to make a paste. Let it sit for a few minutes to loosen the residue, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or scouring pad. Rinse thoroughly with hot water and dry with a soft cloth.

4. Can I use a metal utensil in my stainless steel saute pan?

It's generally recommended to use wooden, silicone, or other non-metal utensils in stainless steel pans to avoid scratching the surface. However, if you do accidentally use a metal utensil, you can try using a mixture of water and baking soda to gently scrub away any scratches or marks.

5. How can I prevent residue from sticking to my stainless steel saute pan in the future?

To prevent residue from sticking to your stainless steel saute pan, make sure to properly preheat the pan before adding any food. You can also try using a higher heat setting and adding oil or cooking spray to the pan before cooking. After cooking, let the pan cool slightly before cleaning it to avoid any residue from becoming stuck and difficult to remove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies
Views
pampered.chris