• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Learning the Truth About New Sheet Pans: My Experience

In summary, people are unhappy with the new sheet pans because they stick to everything and they are hard to clean.
chefsteph07
I admit, I have been very negative about the new sheet pans since hearing they were going to be in the catalog...

I earned the smaller one in SAT and it has been sitting in my cabinet ever since (felt disloyal to the stones so I kind of shunned them...) However, over the past week, I decided to bite the bullet and try it out. I have used it probably 4 times in the past 7 days and I DO NOT LIKE IT. Everything sticks to it, it already looks a mess from baking on it, and I just cannot get into it. I made homeade french fries on it last night, soaked the potatoes in oil and cheese, etc, and put them on the sheet pan, they came out soggy and then stuck all over my pan..the pan looks awful...can I use barkeepers friend on it, or what can I use to clean it? It took me over 15 min to clean the stuck on fries and then grumbling to myself that if I would have just used the bar pan like I normally do, they would have turned out crispy and clean up would have taken less than 5 min...I think I have decided to put it back in my cabinet until I can find a better use for it...I just don't know..I love the stones and I'll never go back probably...

What do you guys think about the sheet pans? Maybe it's just me, but I honestly did want to give it a chance..I felt the same way about the stainless cookware, I was leery about it, had it for a few months before breaking it out and then I ended up loving it...unfortunately the same can not be said for the pans...

I think you can use the PC stainless cleaner on it.

Okay, if you soaked the potatoes in oil and cheese and then cooked them on that pan, you were asking for trouble girl!They're GREAT for broiling and for other quick things. I've used mine quite a bit and have been pleasantly surprised. I reheated some yummy Chicago style deep dish pizza on mine this week and it worked really well!

DebbieJ said:
Okay, if you soaked the potatoes in oil and cheese and then cooked them on that pan, you were asking for trouble girl!

They're GREAT for broiling and for other quick things. I've used mine quite a bit and have been pleasantly surprised. I reheated some yummy Chicago style deep dish pizza on mine this week and it worked really well!

Well, I didn't know I was asking for trouble! LOL Maybe soaked was the wrong word, I tossed them and they were pretty well coated...I don't think I've ever broiled anything! ha ha I'm just disappointed that they look so bad right now!

Parchment paper is your friend. I never use my metal pans without it. Gunk doesn't stick to it - and if it does - who cares just toss the paper. (I don't have PC metal pans - just the large bar pan.) ZK

I wouldn't do potaotes on my sheet pan, that's what the stone is for, because it absorbs the moisture. I have done pork chops that came out wonderful on the pans and I've done garlic bread under the broiler and it was really good too. I still personally prefer the stones for cookies but that's just me. I've heard that some people love their cookies on the sheet pans. Now another thing to try is parchment paper, that will control the sticking!
Good luck!

Check out the other thread on this subject...There is a whole thread on this done last week. I had a lot to say and will keep on saying it, the sheet pan is not to replace the bar pan, it is to act as a "grace" so to speak, for what the bar pan can't do. (Christian get that right?) I use bar pan for fries, because it is dang awesome for potatoes. I use the sheet pan for the boiler and for freezer meals, cookies, brownies. Though, I did use my bar pan last night for cookies because I wanted crispy sugar cookies and know that it is harder to get crispy cookies on a sheet pan. Check out the thread... it is pretty fun to hear a lot of views. The training video on the new sheet pan said that metal pans account for a good percentage of sales. Find your song and sing it, but if you don't like them, don't promote them. Some reason that thread is in the recipe tips section.

Last edited:
I haven't used mine yet. When I am talking about stoneware I casually mention we now have metal pans b/c we're were missing 60% of the market that still needed metal pans.

I have been having to MAKE myself not call them "aluminim pans!'

I have used my large sheet pan for the warm nutty caramel brownies to see how they did in it, and they did wonderfully.

Caroline

I love mine, not that i am going to stop using the stoneware though. I cooked frozen chicken kiev's on them. What stuck to the pan, cleaned up like perfect and the pans look great.

Alexandra

I LOVE the sheet pans. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with them. I love them for my cut up potatos and onions, for chicken, shake-n-bake, broiling, and cresent rolls turn out much better on stainless then on stoneware.

I think it's just what you like and are used to using. I've had a hard time falling in love with my stones. I use them only for certain things...but I'm a stainless sheet pan girl at heart.

I also use the bar pan scrappy thingy to clean my sheet pan after letting it soak for about 5 minutes in warm and soapy water.

Everyone has their favorites, though! It sounds like you are a stoneware girl through and through and I think that's great! :)

"can I use barkeepers friend on it, or what can I use to clean it?"

You can use the new Stainless Cleaner, it works wonderfully. :chef:

LOVE mine, just received two more of the larger ones today. I have used our SS cleaner on them and they come out looking like new. I just love them for baking cookies and broiling.

I love mine and I'm selling a ton of them. Try some other recipes on them and don't give up on them - they are DA BOMB! :D

I forgot I had one too! I need to use that baby and remember to talk about it!

Oh, and I've been selling all LARGE ones, not the med. ones. I tell them the med. ones can hold 8 cookies, while the large ones can hold a whole dozen. Then I ask them how many racks they have in their oven, when they say 2, I tell them they'll need 2 large sheet pans, then.

I made the BEST garlic cheese bread on my medium sheet pan last weekend. I used half a loaf of soft french bread. I cut it length-wise, spread margarine mixed with 1/2 clove of pressed garlic, then topped it with shredded Italian blend cheese. I broiled it on low for about 2 minutes, and it was fabulous!! You can't do that with a stone.

I know they are now on stop-sell, but I had a customer ask me how to get her crescent rolls/biscuits to brown on these. She said that she and her friend (family?) could not get the bottom of the item in question to brown before the top burnt.

Any helpful hints . . . other than use a stone.

chefjeanine said:
I know they are now on stop-sell, but I had a customer ask me how to get her crescent rolls/biscuits to brown on these. She said that she and her friend (family?) could not get the bottom of the item in question to brown before the top burnt.

I had a lady buy a medium sheet pan because she said it would be wonderful for baking biscuits. I will have to ask her at church tomorrow if she has used it yet and if so how her biscuits came out.

chefjeanine said:

Maybe turn down the oven and give the bottoms longer to bake on the pan and then the tops won't burn....that's what I would try! Just and idea!:)

It sounds to me as though her oven rack is too high up. Plus if she has really high fat breads they will brown really fast on the top if the rack is high. Just a thought too. She may need to get an oven thermometer to verify the temperature. Sometimes things get faulty wires or whatever...

1. What makes these new sheet pans different from the ones I already have?

The new sheet pans from Pampered Chef are made with a unique combination of materials, including aluminized steel and a ceramic nonstick coating. This makes them more durable, oven-safe up to 450 degrees, and allows for even heat distribution for better baking results.

2. Do these sheet pans require any special care or maintenance?

While these sheet pans are designed to be long-lasting and durable, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water and avoid using metal utensils to prolong their lifespan. They are also not dishwasher safe.

3. Can I use these sheet pans for both baking and cooking?

Yes, these sheet pans are versatile and can be used for both baking and cooking. The nonstick coating makes them great for baking cookies, but they can also be used for roasting vegetables, making sheet pan dinners, and more.

4. Are these sheet pans safe to use in the oven?

Yes, these sheet pans are oven-safe up to 450 degrees. However, it is important to note that the silicone grips on the handles are only heat resistant up to 425 degrees, so it is recommended to use oven mitts when handling the pans at high temperatures.

5. Can I still use parchment paper or cooking spray with these sheet pans?

Yes, you can still use parchment paper or cooking spray with these sheet pans. However, the nonstick coating makes them less likely to stick, so using these additional layers may not be necessary. It is always best to follow the recipe's instructions for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mpkegley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jbdowd0798
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • JulieHaak