• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheet Pan Corrosion: Causes, Prevention, and Solutions

In summary, sheet pan corrosion is caused by exposure to moisture, high levels of acidity, and contact with other metals or chemicals. To prevent it, proper cleaning, storage, and use of non-corrosive materials can be helpful. Regular inspections should be done to check for corrosion and prevent potential health risks associated with using corroded sheet pans.
mpkegley
I made salmon on my medium sheet pan the other night and stuck it in my dishwasher. When I pulled it out of the dishwasher, it looks like someone poured acid on it. It has little corroded spots all over it. I know that we have had issues with the sheet pans, but this surprised me. I have an email in to HO about it to let them know what happened. Has anyone else had this happen or is it just me?

yes that is the issue with the pans

That's why there is a stop sell, they've already told us this from home office. Should be getting new one's by July 1.

yep, that's why.

I already knew there was an issue, but this is not the same discoloration issue!

mpkegley said:
I already knew there was an issue, but this is not the same discoloration issue!

I think it's all part of the same problem.

That happened to mine almost immediately. So when they announced the stop sell, I knew exactly why. Glad to see they are taking care of it. I actually thought it was something I did!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your sheet pan. Sheet pan corrosion can happen for a variety of reasons, including exposure to acidic foods, high heat, and even certain dishwasher detergents. To prevent this from happening in the future, I recommend hand-washing your sheet pans with a gentle soap and avoiding harsh chemicals. You can also try lightly greasing your sheet pan before use to create a barrier between the food and the pan. If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope you continue to enjoy using our products. Happy cooking!

What are the common causes of sheet pan corrosion?

The most common causes of sheet pan corrosion include exposure to moisture, high levels of acidity, and contact with other metals or chemicals. Improper cleaning and storage practices can also contribute to corrosion.

How can sheet pan corrosion be prevented?

To prevent sheet pan corrosion, it is important to properly clean and dry the pans after each use. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, and store the pans in a dry, well-ventilated area. Additionally, using a protective coating or seasoning the pans can help prevent corrosion.

What types of solutions are available for sheet pan corrosion?

Some solutions for sheet pan corrosion include using non-corrosive materials, such as stainless steel or aluminum pans, and applying a protective coating or seasoning to the pans. Regular maintenance and proper storage can also help prevent corrosion.

How often should sheet pans be inspected for corrosion?

Sheet pans should be inspected for corrosion regularly, especially after each use. If any signs of corrosion are present, the pans should be thoroughly cleaned and treated to prevent further damage.

What are the potential health risks associated with using corroded sheet pans?

Corroded sheet pans can potentially contaminate food and lead to foodborne illness. In addition, the flakes of rust or corrosion can also pose a physical hazard if ingested. It is important to regularly inspect and maintain sheet pans to ensure food safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • merego
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • JulieHaak