• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheet Pans Washing Woes - Don't Let It Happen To You!

In summary, some people have had issues with their sheet pans after washing them a few times. The pans start to look discolored and like acid was thrown on them. There is no difference between the second and the original batch of sheet pans. People have been washing their sheet pans by hand, but some people have had issues with their pans not holding up well in the dishwasher.
merego
Is anyone having issues with there sheet pans looking nasty after they have been washed a few times?? I use my sheet pans ( I have 2) all the time and they are not holding up well in the dishwasher. They are starting to look like they did when we had the issue with them the 1st time around. They are discolored and look like acid was thrown on them:cry::cry:
They work fine, but I have had som many people order these lately and hope they don't have the same problems.

I wash mine by hand so can't help you there. I am wondering- was there any change in the second ones so we can tell them apart (before they discolor)? I have been doing so much baking I was using both my old ones and the new ones- now I don't know which are which or if there is a difference..

AH HA.. Discolor was the word I was looking for but couldn't think of when I was typing.
They say dishwasher safe, but I am wondering if I should be handwashing them.

I've washed mine several times in the dishwasher, in fact I've never washed them by hand and have never had a problem. I did have a host who made some kind of chicken wings on it and the sauce stained her's reddish. I emailed test kitchen about it and they said that anything acidic can cause it to discolor.I keep forgetting to grease them up! I stuck some parmesan chicken breasts to them forgetting they aren't like stoneware.

My 2nd batch is doing good - I have a few. Only one of the batch has any discoloring and that was because "someone" in my house scratched it bad with a metal spatula. It it only discoloring where the finish came off. My rest go in the dishwasher all the time and look great.My original one with the problem looks horrid - I won't use it anymore.

WOW i was going to post today about mine becoming discolored. I've used it twice (just for cookies) and i've only washed it by hand and its like the finish is coming off right on the sponge! My hands turned black and the next things i washed with the sponge tured black. The sheet pan is now like blackis in certain spots. I might try cleaning it again and then i'm gonna put in for a new one. It just looks bad. I can't bring it to shows looking like that.

I was astounded (and quite pleased) that my large one didn't discolor with what my dad used it for at Thanksgiving. He used it to roast a large turkey breast, then used it directly on the burners to make gravy from the drippings that were stuck on. I was truly astounded that it held up to that, and I wanted to tell him that I didn't think that they were intended to be used in that way, but it worked, and you can't even tell he did it. It was washed by hand afterward, though.

My sister has had issues twice now with her new ones but mine are still looking fine. I think she uses hers more than I do but it is still extremely frustrating! :(

Mere, is it one from the first batch that were defective; or is it one of the newer ones?

What are the most common reasons for sheet pan washing problems?

The most common reasons for sheet pan washing problems include using the wrong cleaning products, allowing food to dry and harden on the pan, not pre-soaking the pan before washing, and using abrasive sponges or brushes that can damage the surface of the pan.

What types of cleaning products should be avoided when washing sheet pans?

Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or ammonia, as they can strip the coating off of the pan. Also avoid using scouring powders or steel wool, as they can scratch the surface of the pan.

How can I prevent food from sticking to my sheet pan?

To prevent food from sticking to your sheet pan, it is important to properly grease the pan before use. You can also line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up.

What is the best way to clean a sheet pan?

The best way to clean a sheet pan is to first pre-soak it in hot soapy water for 10-20 minutes. Then use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to gently scrub away any food residue. Rinse the pan with hot water and dry it thoroughly with a clean towel.

Can I put my sheet pan in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your sheet pan in the dishwasher, as the high heat and harsh chemicals can damage the coating and cause the pan to rust. It is best to hand wash your sheet pan with gentle cleaning products and dry it immediately after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mpkegley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies