• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scratched Sheet Pan - Common Issue?

In summary, sheet pans can become scratched from regular use and improper cleaning methods. Despite this, they can still be used, but deep scratches may affect their non-stick properties. To prevent scratches, avoid using metal utensils and harsh cleaning methods. Minor scratches can be repaired, but deep ones may require replacement. It is recommended to replace sheet pans every 1-2 years, depending on wear and tear.
Michelle817
Silver Member
I was kind of unhappy to receive my sheet pan yesterday, because there are several scratches on the top of it. Most of them aren't too noticeable, but there are a lot around the rim and 2 on the baking surface. Does this seem like a common problem?

(Otherwise I'm excited about the pan. I first saw it at a cluster meeting, and knew that I had to get one to display at shows, because I don't think the catalog does it justice.)

They aren't scratch proof and may get scratched up as you use them. Mine has scratches on it just from being in the back seat of my car. I think I set something on it.

Mine has scratches and the one I have used most has also started flaking. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe it was the way DH cleaned it, who knows. I'm getting a replacement.

I received mine last week, and I haven't taken it out of the plastic b/c I've heard the scratch stories. I'm going to wait until we move next month before I start playing around with it.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your sheet pan arrived with some scratches. While it's not a common issue, sometimes shipping and handling can cause minor scratches on the surface of our products. However, please know that this does not affect the performance or quality of the pan in any way. If you're still concerned, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team and they can assist you further. I'm glad to hear that you're excited about the pan and I agree, it's even more impressive in person than in the catalog! Happy cooking!

1. What causes sheet pans to become scratched?

Sheet pans can become scratched due to regular use and contact with utensils or sharp objects. Improper cleaning methods, such as using steel wool or harsh abrasives, can also cause scratches.

2. Can scratched sheet pans still be used?

Yes, scratched sheet pans can still be used. However, deep scratches and gouges can affect the pan's non-stick properties and make it difficult to clean.

3. How can I prevent my sheet pans from getting scratched?

To prevent scratches on your sheet pans, avoid using metal utensils and opt for silicone or wooden utensils instead. Additionally, avoid using harsh cleaning methods and opt for a gentle scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth.

4. Can scratches on sheet pans be repaired?

Minor scratches on sheet pans can often be buffed out with a baking soda paste or a gentle scrub with steel wool. However, deep scratches and gouges may not be repairable and may require replacing the pan.

5. How often should I replace my scratched sheet pans?

It is recommended to replace your sheet pans every 1-2 years, depending on frequency of use and level of wear and tear. If your pan has deep scratches or is no longer functioning properly, it may be time for a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maryhenderlite
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
maryhenderlite
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • tabnat80