• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Bought a Used Microwave Today ....

The summary is that the microwave became unsafe because a previous resident of the house made a mess of it and one of the people cleaning it got overzealous. As a result, the paint was coming off the metal underneath and creating a burning smell. The new resident found a new microwave that fit their needs and got a new customer out of the deal.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
My microwave was becoming unsafe ... a previous resident of the house had a habit of making a total MESS of it ... and one or both of us got over-aggressive with the cleaning materials. As a result, the paint was coming off, exposing rusted metal underneath, and creating a burning smell every time the nuker was used!

So I made it a priority to find another one on Craig's List ... turned down many of them upon finding the size of the machine. (Too small to hold my DCB!) When asking, I told them I was a Pampered Chef consultant, and my primary concern was whether the microwave would be large enough to hold certain items.

Got to the person's house, DCB in tow, and found it fit perfectly. The wife said, "Are you the one who sells Pampered Chef?" She said she had been to someone's Pampered Bride show, got a lot of stuff ... and her food chopper was lost in the move. She really wants to replace it!

So if I get a customer out of the deal, it's worth it.

(Even though, upon later reflection, I found that the microwave was a) 13 years old and b) only 850 watts. My old one was 1100. I hope it cooks things like chickens and micro cakes effectively... because I can't afford to replace it for a really long time ....)

Well...that is GREAT!! I am glad that you got a new microwave AND a new customer!! congrats!!

Congrats on your new contact.

As for the microwave, it may take a little longer, but it should cook your favorites just fine.

We had a Panasonic Microwave that was 23 years old when we replaced it 2 yrs ago. It worked great -still works great. We hauled it up from the basement when we had no power for 3 days and plugged it into a generator to use. (New one is an Over-the-stove model, and couldn't get to the plug easily) I'm pretty sure it's 800-850 watts, and the very first 30 Minute Chicken I ever cooked was in that micro!

Dear fellow Pampered Chef consultant,I completely understand your concerns about finding a new microwave that is not only the right size for your DCB, but also meets your cooking needs. It can be frustrating when previous residents have not taken proper care of appliances, causing them to become unsafe and unusable.I'm glad you were able to find a suitable replacement on Craig's List and that it fits your DCB perfectly. It's always a bonus when you can potentially gain a new customer in the process. And as for the wattage difference, I recommend trying out some of our Pampered Chef recipes in the microwave to see how it performs. Our products are designed to help make cooking and baking easier and more efficient, no matter the wattage of your appliance.If you do find that the microwave is not meeting your cooking needs, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to assist you in finding a solution that works best for you. And in the meantime, enjoy your new microwave and continue spreading the love for Pampered Chef products!Best,

Related to soI Bought a Used Microwave Today ....

1. Can I use my Pampered Chef products in a used microwave?

Yes, all of our products are designed to be used in any standard microwave. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific microwave model.

2. How do I clean a used microwave before using it?

We recommend cleaning the inside of the microwave with a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar. Simply microwave the mixture for a few minutes and then wipe down the interior with a damp cloth. You can also use a microwave-safe cleaner for tougher stains.

3. Is it safe to use plastic containers in a used microwave?

As long as the plastic is labeled as microwave-safe, it is safe to use in a used microwave. However, we recommend avoiding plastic containers with BPA as an added precaution.

4. How do I test the power of a used microwave?

You can easily test the power of a used microwave by placing a microwave-safe container with a known amount of water inside and heating it for one minute. The water should be hot to the touch after being heated. If not, the microwave may need to be serviced.

5. Can I use metal in a used microwave?

No, it is not safe to use metal in a microwave, even in a used one. Metal can cause sparks and damage to the microwave. Stick to microwave-safe materials such as glass, ceramic, and plastic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Wildfire