• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the microwave rib recipe from Pampered Chef yet?

I'm thinking I used the wrong pan.I made the ribs and I have to say, being that ribs are my favorite thing to eat, I wasn't that impressed. They were GOOD, not great. The meat didn't fall off the bone, it was actually quite hard to get...I'm thinking I used the wrong pan.Did you use the grill pan? I love my DCB--but haven't sold a single one. I can't wait to try the rib recipe!I used the grill pan.
dollfangs
Silver Member
Holy cow!! I did the rib recipe in the microwave that they sent out yesterday and I sold 2 deep covered bakers. There were only 5 guest and 2 of them had to have the baker and didn't care that it was 65 dollars. I will be doing this recipe again.

Excellent! Did you also use the grill pan? I love my DCB--but haven't sold a single one. I can't wait to try the rib recipe!

Melissa,Thanks for sharing. That is awesome! I'm getting the baker this month and I will have to try this one.

Thanks for the feeback Melissa... I was kind of skeptical of the recipe, but all it takes is a cheffer or two to endorse it and I am sold (and hopefully some dcbs will be too!!!)

PC_CPR said:
Excellent! Did you also use the grill pan? I love my DCB--but haven't sold a single one. I can't wait to try the rib recipe!

Really? you haven't sold even one?.......Have you tried doing the 30 Minute Chicken at a show? I sell at least one per show, and have 12 Cooking Shows for Oct. because I do the 30 minute chicken at my shows........you should try it!

I have sold at least one per show since I started doing the pork tenderloin in the microwave and got Oct bookings for those who wanted it but couldn't afford it

People also love the turkey chili recipe - I've done that a a couple of shows. I have also done the recipe that comes with it: Smothered Chicken & Garlic. It was amazing - don't be at all intimidated by 40 cloves of garlic!

PC_CPR said:

Yes I used the grill pan too. They were all impressed that nothing stuck to it but they wanted the baker really bad. One reason is that they asked a few questions about does it have to be the PC grill pan or will any grill pan work. I was honest and told them any pan would work. When they asked if there was another way to do the stuff in the microwave, I was honest again and told them not that I know of as the covered baker keeps the steam in. Oh yeah and I messed up on the ribs because I forgot to put the water in. :blushing:

Melissa~

So...how did the ribs come out? I really like mine tender and falling off of the bone. I haven't tested this recipe yet, so I am curious how soft they were?

They were soft. I didn't try any but when I was taking them up, the meat was falling off

Good to know...I guess I'll try it out on the family this week sometime!

i'm making these tonight... i can't wait to try them. i'll let you know the outcome!

ChefBeckyD said:
Really? you haven't sold even one?.......Have you tried doing the 30 Minute Chicken at a show? I sell at least one per show, and have 12 Cooking Shows for Oct. because I do the 30 minute chicken at my shows........you should try it!

I guess I have to! :p With so many other themes offered, I just haven't done the 30-minute chicken one! I do mention that I do beef stew in the DCB in about 20-25 minutes.

Thats awesome to know, I love my DCB and am very anxious to try the ribs! Thanks for sharing!

My ribs are in the micro right now...can't wait to try them!

Yummy Kelly... it's too bad you live so far away, I'd be over for dinner ;)

So would you recommend the DDB for your first purchase or the 12" skillet?

Denarella said:
So would you recommend the DDB for your first purchase or the 12" skillet?
Dena,

I would get the 12" skillet if I were you because of the Pan-o-rama and host special in September. YOU can host a catalog show ($150 in guest sales and you get that pan for $80!). And then get the Deep Covered Baker in October for 60% off by doing the same.

When you call people ask if they want to start their own business, then if they will help you out by having a show, then wouldn't they want to see the catalog and place an order ( ~ that's how you get those orders to put together for those catalog shows).

KellyTheChef said:
My ribs are in the micro right now...can't wait to try them!

I made the ribs and I have to say, being that ribs are my favorite thing to eat, I wasn't that impressed. They were GOOD, not great. The meat didn't fall off the bone, it was actually quite hard to get off, and that's the best thing about ribs. I will make them again once in a blue moon at home, but I won't be doing them at a show. just my opinion....

ginamkiely said:
I made the ribs and I have to say, being that ribs are my favorite thing to eat, I wasn't that impressed. They were GOOD, not great. The meat didn't fall off the bone, it was actually quite hard to get off, and that's the best thing about ribs. I will make them again once in a blue moon at home, but I won't be doing them at a show. just my opinion....
Maybe a little more time or higher temp would have helped?

I know when I have a favorite dish new recipes never are as good!

Gina I agree with you (as does my hubby) but I think we only really like ribs at a RIB restaurant...you know, with the meat totally falling off of the bone, and you can eat ALL of the stuff aside from the bone!

But, there are a few things I will mention:
1. I did some on the grill pan, and some on my real grill. I liked the flavor of the ones off of my REAL GRILL better. Grill pan would be a #2 choice, like in the winter when it's too cold to grill.

2. Next time, I will cook them a little longer and hopefully they will be more likely to fall off of the bone.

3. I am going to try a different place to BUY my ribs. I just got the ones from Wal Mart (baby back) and I really think the actual ribs themselves make a big difference. I'm gonna try at a meat market instead of a supermarket next time.

Just made these tonight, too, and DH LOVED them - and he LOVES his ribs!! They weren't "fall of the bone" tender, but that might have been the baby backs we used like Kelly said. I just got some at my local grocery store, but my mom goes to a butcher and I might be able to get some better ones from her.

The sauce was delicious, and DH loved how it really stuck to the meat like a real BBQ sauce does. I was impressed with how easy it was to make a yummy dinner - 30 min. in the kitchen from beginning to end, including cutting off that skin/fat underneath!! Def. a good meal for a night when you need something quick and yummy.

Oh, and I made the whole dinner in the micro tonight - steamed broccoli and corn in the micro cookers, too! :) I used the grill pan to grill them - next time I'll have to try the outdoor grill to see if there is any difference. I definitely recommend them as a recipe to give to someone who buys the DCB and/or the grill pan, though - they'll love this, esp. if they like to make quick, yummy meals in 30 min!! :)

Related to Have you tried the microwave rib recipe from Pampered Chef yet?

1. What ingredients do I need for the New Rib Recipe Tonight?

The New Rib Recipe Tonight requires pork ribs, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and your choice of seasoning.

2. How long does it take to prepare and cook the New Rib Recipe Tonight?

The preparation time for the New Rib Recipe Tonight is approximately 10 minutes. The cooking time varies depending on the method used, but it typically takes 1-2 hours.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for the New Rib Recipe Tonight?

While the recipe is specifically designed for pork ribs, you can use other types of ribs or even chicken if desired. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Do I need any special tools or equipment to make the New Rib Recipe Tonight?

No, the New Rib Recipe Tonight can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, using a grill or smoker will add additional flavor to the ribs.

5. Can I make the New Rib Recipe Tonight ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ribs and marinade ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. This can help save time on busy weeknights or when entertaining guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • jbachen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefMom2
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies