• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, Does Anyone Shop Art Fairs?

In summary, the conversation primarily revolved around art fairs and the artists' experiences with them. Jenny L is a studio artist who sells her work at art fairs and galleries nationally. She asks if anyone else attends art fairs and if they plan on spending regular or extra money. Greg, also an artist, mentions that he is located in Wisconsin and Jenny L asks if he is in the Milwaukee area. Emily and Reba515 express their gratitude for the past newsletter excerpts shared by Jenny L and discuss their own connections to Texas and Round Rock. The conversation concludes with a request for more newsletter excerpts and a thank you to Jenny L
DebPC
Staff member
Past Team Newsletter ExcerptsMotivation, tips etc.

Attachments

• Past Team Newsletter Excerpts.doc
    19 KB · Views: 314
    19 KB · Views: 313
    19 KB · Views: 312
More Excerpts.............

Attachments

• Past Newsletter Excerpts II.doc
    19 KB · Views: 257
    19 KB · Views: 267
    19 KB · Views: 259
Past Newsletter Excerpts IIIHere are some more.

Attachments

• Past Newsletter Excerpts III.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 237
    46.5 KB · Views: 251
    46.5 KB · Views: 262
My primary income comes from selling my work at art fairs. Rain, snow, heat or cold, if I'm scheduled for a show I'm there.

Does anyone here go to art fairs? When you do, are you planning on spending "regular" money or just "extra" money?

--Jenny L

My citys art museum has a yearly art fair that is awesome to walk through, but everything is like $$$$!! What ever happened to the starving artist :D

We're still here! At least if my tax man is correct!

--Jenny L

Greg, you're in Wisconsin, are you in the Milwaukee area?

--Jenny L

Jenny what do you do??

Hey Reba515,
Studio Artist by profession. I design and make sterling silver and stone jewelry. I market my work through art fairs and galleries nationally.

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
Greg, you're in Wisconsin, are you in the Milwaukee area?

--Jenny L

Indeed I am, downtown

thats great! I love jewelry at fairs and little shops that sell local art. There are 2 great ones in my area that I shop a lot. great gifts at reasonable prices (and almost always 1 of a kind)
As a matter of fact I was in a shop yesterday and bought a blown glass vase for a x-mas gift. When I was there the girl said to me" where did you get that bracelet?" It was one of hers I had bought at a street fair many years ago ( i knew it was hers, but she had to get a closer look)

Ooh...I missed this one the first time through! Thanks for bringing it back to life!

These are so great!! Where's the THANK button????

tupachef said:
Thank you SO much for these! I needed good ideas for newsletters!

Emily, I just put my sister on a plane going back home to Taylor! I SOOOO know where Round Rock is...my niece in law cuts hair there! Small world, huh?!

dannyzmom said:
These are so great!! Where's the THANK button????

I want to know too! These are wonderful and will be stolen...er...used with in the next week!!

Glad you like them! I borrowed (er used) them many many years ago- but good stuff is always good stuff!

Hey - can we find the person we borrowed them from and get some more?

They were from cluster newsletters I received from other directors back in the nineties and I wrote some.

I've got a TON of past newsletters from my retired director but I would have to type them out. Who has time for that?

thanks for these!

Related to So, Does Anyone Shop Art Fairs?

1. What are art fairs and why should I shop at them?

Art fairs are events where artists and artisans display and sell their handmade goods. These can include paintings, sculptures, jewelry, pottery, and more. Shopping at art fairs allows you to support local artists and find unique, one-of-a-kind pieces for your home or as gifts.

2. How do I find art fairs in my area?

You can typically find information about art fairs in your area through local event listings, community calendars, or by searching online for " art fairs near me". You can also follow local artists or art organizations on social media to stay updated on upcoming events.

3. Is it better to buy art at an art fair or from a gallery?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget. Buying art at an art fair allows you to meet the artist in person and learn more about their process and inspiration. On the other hand, galleries may have a wider selection and may offer payment plans or other services. Both options support artists and their work.

4. Can I negotiate prices at art fairs?

Some artists may be open to negotiating prices, but it is important to remember that their pieces are handmade and priced based on the time, materials, and skill that went into creating them. If you are interested in a piece but the price is too high, you can always ask if the artist has any smaller or less expensive pieces available.

5. What forms of payment are accepted at art fairs?

Artists may accept various forms of payment, including cash, credit/debit cards, and sometimes checks. It is always a good idea to bring multiple forms of payment in case the artist has a preference or if there are any technical difficulties with a specific method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefShalon
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views