• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Upcoming Fairs: Tips and Ideas for Making the Most of Your Booth

In summary, the conversation discusses upcoming fairs and the different strategies and approaches for participating in them. Some suggestions include bringing old catalogs, recipe cards, and other materials to hand out, as well as offering free gifts and booking incentives. There is also discussion about the cost and effectiveness of participating in fairs, with some consultants sharing their experiences and advice.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
Okay so I have a few fairs coming up... I have done bridal fairs.... but not sure where to post this..... what would you have for your fairs... I have an abundance of catalogs... LIKE I ORDERD 400!!!! do you think I will ahve enough??? LMAO!!! I orderd the your life your way dvd... and recipie cards etc..... so I am needing some other suggestions ... :D

TIA

Our cluster is doing the Erie County fair which is one of the largest in the country. There are 2 shifts of 2 consultants/day. Our director told us to bring drawing slips, & OLD cattys. I have to go now but will post more later today on this.

You know Leah, I have a fair coming up in Sept. Thank you for posting this, I can't wait to see what everyone says. I know that I too am worried about catalogs and everything else! lol.

When I work a fair, I keep OLD catties on the table if people want to take them...I hand out recipe cards with my info on them to everyone who walks by (people usually will hang onto a recipe card, they may toss a catalog) and keep my current catties under the table in my "secret stash" and only those who are really excited or who book a show with me get one of those!

I certainly don't mean to pop your bubble Leah, but that's an awful lot of $$$ you are passing out in new catties.

PS- Make sure you have bridal registry handouts!
PSS-When I do my drawing for a SMALL gift or "free" show, this is the slip I have them fill out. Then, you can call EVERYONE and tell them they won a "free" show and get your calendar filled.

Attachments

• Door Prize Drawing Slips.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 721
wonderingThis may seem like a silly question but... how do you get into these fairs? Are people finding the fees to have a table/booth worth your while??

I would love to do it but I'm just not sure where to start... and around me, I think my place would mostly be at craft fairs. Is that a worthwhile venue?

Ditto on the things Kelly mentioned.

We had a meeting last week for our cluster's booth at the Erie Co. Fair.
We are to bring our own paperwork, host packets, recruiting info & calendar.
Also, kit agreements & recipe cards. Pens.

Wear comfy shoes.;)

We are breaking up the current catty into pages to go in a binder in page protectors.

We will hand out old cattys. We will have new ones tucked away for those we know are more serious.

We have agreed that we will offer a free Quick Stir Pitcher for bookings placed that day

We also have each chipped in $5.00. This will be for a gift certificate for a free shopping spree.

We will not have any cash & carry.

There are 2 shifts of 2 consultants/day, so we will mark our drawing slips with
a highlighter or make up our own (same size) so we will know who's lead it is.

Of course, contact info is on everything!

If you already ordered the cattys, then maybe put a shout out for anyone that may want to buy some from you.;)

I can tell you what not to do.
My director went to our county fair this week. There was a PC booth there, not anyone from our cluster. The consulant just sat in a chair behind the table and smiled and read a book.
MHO...too much money for a smile.

krzymomof4 said:
My director went to our county fair this week. There was a PC booth there, not anyone from our cluster. The consulant just sat in a chair behind the table and smiled and read a book.
OMG! I worked a day at a county fair last year, and that's exactly what the MK lady next to us did! She had a very few items on her table, and just sat reading. She wouldn't even stand up if someone asked her a direct question. when she wasn't reading, she was away from the booth. Which is understandable (you do have to use the facilities once in a while), but she didn't even have business cards for people to take if they came by while she was gone (which was about 30% of the time). Knowing how much our booth was, and hers was a double, it was a complete waste of probably $1500 for her.

OUCH!! That is painful to the bank account.

krzymomof4 said:

OMG, I HATE when I see that with any direct seller. What a waste of money they spent on the booth, huh?? I NEVER sit in the chairs they provide, and I'm NEVER behind the table - I"m always in front of it, welcoming customers, asking them if they're familiar with PC, giving them a catty/flyer/recipe card and chatting them up (showing them new products, etc.). Sitting behind the table is the WORST thing you can do at any fair - people will walk right past your booth.

MEChefJulie said:
This may seem like a silly question but... how do you get into these fairs? Are people finding the fees to have a table/booth worth your while??

I would love to do it but I'm just not sure where to start... and around me, I think my place would mostly be at craft fairs. Is that a worthwhile venue?

You can find local events through www.eventlister.com . I have found out most of mine by networking with other direct sellers and asking them to call me if they find out about local events (and I do the same for them). I have a network of about 10 different DS people who all share info., and even customers sometimes! (EX: I have lots of Southern Living stuff in my home, so when a customer came over and asked where I got something, I gave her my SLAH lady's catalog and phone number and sent her to her - my SLAH lady does the same for me!) :)

Oh, and any craft fair is worth it if you work the booth!! Even just getting one booking from a fair will pay off in the long run with continued bookings and sales down the road. I'm still doing shows from a booking lead that I got at a street fair 3 years ago!

I spent that much on cattys for a very good reason... one I knew that I was having a fair a month before the new selling season...... and when I do next year's fairs...... I will be able to put the poem thsi catalog might be old....etc.... but since these are two very large fairs..... I expect alot of people..... and I only give a catalog out for one of two reasons...A. they booked a show. B. The signed up for the wedding registry, or C. they signed up to be a consultant!!

KellyTheChef said:
When I work a fair, I keep OLD catties on the table if people want to take them...I hand out recipe cards with my info on them to everyone who walks by (people usually will hang onto a recipe card, they may toss a catalog) and keep my current catties under the table in my "secret stash" and only those who are really excited or who book a show with me get one of those!

I certainly don't mean to pop your bubble Leah, but that's an awful lot of $$$ you are passing out in new catties.

PS- Make sure you have bridal registry handouts!
PSS-When I do my drawing for a SMALL gift or "free" show, this is the slip I have them fill out. Then, you can call EVERYONE and tell them they won a "free" show and get your calendar filled.

My fair adventure started with.... an ad in the local paper...and I got a call from the fair commity asking me to do a booth, I also signed up for a bridal fair and that got me another invite for another county fair... when in doubt just look up the county your in and look for the fair grounds and call about a booth!!

MEChefJulie said:
This may seem like a silly question but... how do you get into these fairs? Are people finding the fees to have a table/booth worth your while??

mommyhugz1978 said:
...... I will be able to put the poem thsi catalog might be old....etc....

Is there a copy of this poem on here anywhere does anyone know? I have some Christmas fairs booked and am really trying to find ideas. ;)

Though the date on this catalog may be old
just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some free.
If extra income is what you need,
I can help you to succeed.

WHen working any event be prepared to follow up follow up follow up DOnot give anyone a catalog unless they fil out the draw slip

Kathytnt said:
WHen working any event be prepared to follow up follow up follow up DOnot give anyone a catalog unless they fil out the draw slip

My Final Tally for mailing Fall catalogs is up over 200 people now.... :eek: :thumbup: :D but if that means shows and sales like I just have then so be it.. I have booked a total of 13 shows and 1,030.00 in total sales!!!! :thumbup:

mommyhugz1978 said:
My Final Tally for mailing Fall catalogs is up over 200 people now.... :eek: :thumbup: :D but if that means shows and sales like I just have then so be it.. I have booked a total of 13 shows and 1,030.00 in total sales!!!! :thumbup:

Wow Leah!

Glad you had such great results!!

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

KellyTheChef said:
Wow Leah!

Glad you had such great results!!

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

It was worth it... but dang some rude people are out their that is for sure!!

Leah are those 13 shows on your calendar or people you have to call to get dates??? That is awesome on those sales!!!! Was that all cash n carry???

momoftwins said:
Leah are those 13 shows on your calendar or people you have to call to get dates??? That is awesome on those sales!!!! Was that all cash n carry???

That is 13 dates on my calender..... and those sales were all orders becasue I didnt' ahve the stuff they wanted in my cash and carry!!!

I'm working a booth this weekend. In the past I typed up a tri-fold flyer which listed current and upcoming host specials, bridal info., coupon, recipe, etc. I've never really gotten any response from it, so I'm not doing that this time. I'm just going to print up a recipe w/a coupon on it.

The only thing a flyter did help with was get people to talk to me. I stand out at the edge of my booth and ask people, "Would you like a free recipe?" Most always get excited and say, "yes." Then I ask, "Are you familiar w/PC?" They either say yes or no. If yes, I ask if they have seen our new products. If no, I tell them about us. It just starts conversations w/o having to give them your catalog.

If you don't have old catalogs I recommend using the mini-catalogs to sit out on the table. Many people will grab them w/o talking to you, but you have your name out there that way. I always print a sticker for the front that says, "View our entire catalog on-line at www.pamperedchef.biz/my]site." If someime flat out asks me for a new catalog I will give it to them, but like others have said, I make sure they fill out a drawing slip. I also always put on the bottom of my drawing slips, "I'm not interested in the PC, just call me if I win." This helps save me a lot of time not calling people who are not interested.

I have so many other things, but not enough time to go through them.

Last edited:
That is just awesome Leah!!!!! WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Listen to the "MEET THE PUBLIC" CD on the supply order form - fairs are not about Giving, they are about Taking... take info, take orders, take cust.care issues, take contacts. Possibly do a drawing for a giveaway item, but make sure it is small and mailable. Call everyone who submits a drawing slip and tell them they've won a free cooking show - you'll get 3/4 of them to say yes to a show!

God Bless you and your efforts. Take care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Related to Preparing for Upcoming Fairs: Tips and Ideas for Making the Most of Your Booth

1. How do I prepare my booth for a fair?

To prepare your booth for a fair, make sure to have all necessary supplies such as tablecloths, display stands, and product samples. Set up your display in an eye-catching and organized manner to attract customers. Have business cards, order forms, and any other necessary paperwork readily available.

2. What should I wear to a fair?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is best to dress professionally and comfortably. Wear clothing that reflects the brand's image and is appropriate for the type of fair you are attending. Avoid wearing anything too revealing or distracting.

3. How can I make my products stand out at a fair?

There are several ways to make your products stand out at a fair. Consider having live demonstrations or offering samples for customers to try. Utilize creative packaging and displays to draw attention. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to attract customers.

4. How should I interact with potential customers at a fair?

When interacting with potential customers, be friendly and approachable. Greet them with a smile and engage in conversation about your products. Be knowledgeable about the benefits and uses of each product and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.

5. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business at a fair?

To effectively promote your Pampered Chef business at a fair, make sure to have a clear and visible sign with your business name and contact information. Offer business cards or flyers for customers to take home. You can also run a raffle or giveaway to collect potential customer's contact information for future follow-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg