• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snow for Spring Launch in Raleigh!!!!

In summary, there is a chance that the launch might be cancelled due to the weather. If it is cancelled, people who would have trouble coming will not be refunded. If it is not cancelled, people will have to email HO to see if they can get a refund.
KCPChef
So I am coming from Richmond, VA and they are calling for 10 to 20 inches of snow here! And I called my dad that lives near Raleigh and they are still digging out from the ice and snow this past weekend! What will they do about the launch? And if its canceled, will our money be refunded or will it be rescheduled? So upset! I was REALLY looking forward to this!

I live about 45 minutes from Raleigh and I noticed the 7 day forecast has snow/mix precip. for Friday and Saturday. I was wondering myself what would happen if we are not able to go. I too would be upset!

If they cancel it, I'm sure they will refund your money.When is it? If it's canceled you can e-mail me & I'll send you the video that I made of all the new products. That way you won't have to wait for it to be uploaded to Consultant's Corner. ;)

Raleigh's meeting is on Saturday

I highly doubt they'll cancel it unless the convention center totally closes. The HO people will be there and they'll keep it open for those who can get there. I also doubt they'd reschedule since it'll all be up on CC on Monday.

Those of us that would have trouble will just probably be out of luck. Remember that HO is in Chicago where they get much more snow and nothing closes.

If we do get the weather I suggest that we all email HO and let them know the danger we'd be in trying to drive in - we don't have the equipment to handle this kind of weather like they do.

The weather isn't coming for sure so let's not panic yet. PRAY for dry roads! Or at least above freezing weather.

There is a rain/freezing rain/snow mix called for here in the central US from Wed-Fri. It may effect the Omaha,NE one also. I am headed to Denver on Fri and have to pray the weather is clear or DH will have a fit. It is a 6.5 hour drive through no mans land where there are very few services (towns about ever 30 miles or so).

I feel for you with the weather! I'm in the suburbs of Chicago where we are obviously well equipped for snow/ice. I can't imagine living somewhere that isn't used to getting the bad weather. Thank goodness for our awesome snow removal!!

One of the Directors in our area called HO yesterday to ask about refunds for the Raleigh meeting. They said it would not be cancelled because there are thousands coming for this event. If we can not make it, we will have to write HO to request a refund, but she was not sure that they would grant it.

I really don't look for a refund, because I know they book these events well in advance and base the numbers on attendence, and they have to figure the cost of HO representitives coming in for the event. At the least, I hope they will honor our free products that we were to recieve for attending.

How ever I'm am going to try and go. I have been home with my kids since Friday afternoon. My plans were to leave before it starts here in Roanoke Friday. If worst cames to worst, I will have to call the hubby and stay an extra night :)

Here is the response that my director's "sister director" received from HO and put it on our loop:

"Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for your email. Right now we have no plans to cancel. Like the
field, we will continue to monitor the weather -- a lot can change in
several days."

Don't panic yet. :) Of course- you coming from Richmond, that could be quite messy, but maybe the interestate will be cleaned fairly quickly depending on when you are scheduled to leave??
And yes, the snowstorm last weekend took awhile for them to get to all the roads (mostly secondary), but it's pretty much gone now...especially main highways....like I-85, I-95, I-40, etc.I live in Raleigh. It's not about HO being used to snow/ice, it's our area having the equipment to handle it in the time-frame most northern/winter states are used to. They didn't start hitting our city streets until more than 24 hrs after it hit..some even more than that- as they focused on the Interstates which abound around here. We'll see. I'll post any updates I see come Thursday/Friday. If you can modify your plans to come early (Friday night)- maybe that would be an option....Depending on what is expected...since cold-temps overnight on wet roads will mean black-ice (which WILL be a problem most likely).

Last edited:
I'm coming from Richmond too and am worried not only about getting there, but also getting home on Sunday. When my dad went to work this past Sunday at noon 95 was awful, I don't want to be in that. My cluster says we are going, but I don't know. Messy roads scare me. Hopefully they will be wrong and it will be all rain, heck, our secondary roads are still a mess (snow day #3 for me tomorrow)...if those aren't better and then we get more snow, I may never go back to work :)

Last edited:
Wonder if you could take a train and skip the roads altogether? There might delays but you wouldn't have to drive. If you need, I'll pick you up from the train station although it's less than a mile from the convention center....

Just looked at the weather online and it will be in the low 40s during the day and below freezing at night. They won't cancel for that although the roads might be nasty Sunday morning until it warms up. Typically, the "line" for snow is right above and a bit west of Raleigh. Enter ZIP 27511 for local weather....BEE

Last edited:
The noon forecast was showing more Rain vs snow now...not sure where the line will be in VA, but they made it look like Western and Northern VA, not as much the Southern part you'd be in.I hope you luck out though!!

I am supposed to go to this launch and we're in the part of VA that is predicted to get u to 40" of snow between Friday and Saturday. I just don't feel comfortable traveling in that kind of weather. I'm SO disappointed to miss it though!!!

bcmama said:
I am supposed to go to this launch and we're in the part of VA that is predicted to get u to 40" of snow between Friday and Saturday. I just don't feel comfortable traveling in that kind of weather. I'm SO disappointed to miss it though!!!

I'm so sorry!!

We've gone from all rain on this mornings forecast to up to 8 inches when they just gave the forecast...I just have this feeling we are getting ready to get dumped on again (3 storms in 6 weeks doesn't happen here!). I really want to go, but it's supposed to start snowing here on Friday around 10 and we are supposed to leave around 1. Unless there is a drastic change in the forecast I'm afraid I'm not going to make it...do you think if we registered with every intention of going and it's the weather's fault that we'll still get the incentive trip points? I'm so bummed...

Supposed to be a wintry mix of freezing rain, and maybe a mix of an inch or two of snow here in the Triad area. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I-40 will be clear and safe. I moved from MA almost 4 years ago, so I should be used to driving in the wintry weather, it is just looking out for the others who are not.

The funny thing is- how many of us in this area are originally FROM the Northern states! But no one can drive on ice...I don't care where you are from. :) Just northern states tend to clear it off faster!Forecast in the Raleigh area is hard to read...they are calling for a mix of precip on Saturday afternoon- but they get all fancy with their models and crud that you just want to pull your hair out. "Give me hard numbers people! Not fancy colors and stuff". *hehe*. Ok.. I'm better.

GGRRRR!! My hubby just called on one of his breaks (as he always does.) He informed me that his boss told him he HAS to work overtime on Saturday. I had told DH to give his boss the heads up last week that he wouldn't be able to do OT this Saturday because I'd be in Raleigh, but DH did not tell him until earlier this week (and at that time, the boss did not respond back about having to work). It sounds like his boss is pretty set in having DH work, too. We have no babysitters :(. The 2-3 girls I did have for my 4yr old and 6yr old really have no experience with infants (and my youngest is 7 months old) and also all my neighbor friends will be attending a baby shower for another one of our neighbor friends. I am keeping my fingers crossed that something comes through. Double GGGRRRRRR!

I wonder if because of the impending weather, you could call and find out if a team mate could get your goodies for you?? I know they don't normally allow that at NC, but you did pay the $50...you should be able to get your free stuff - which technically isn't so free if you paid for it.Play the weather card and see what happens?? I do hope you can come though! I'm lucky that I live just 15 miles from the convention center.

esavvymom said:
I wonder if because of the impending weather, you could call and find out if a team mate could get your goodies for you?? I know they don't normally allow that at NC, but you did pay the $50...you should be able to get your free stuff - which technically isn't so free if you paid for it.

Play the weather card and see what happens?? I do hope you can come though! I'm lucky that I live just 15 miles from the convention center.

Can we all just come by tomorrow afternoon and stay by you?

We're heading to Hartford on Saturday. The weather up there may be clear, but there is a possibility that Long Island could get over a foot of snow. So getting OFF the island is the problem. Leaving Friday night is not an option.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to miss the launch!

Right now it looks promising for Raleigh. Temps above freezing. Rain with a mix but temps above freezing. Keep praying!

And praying and praying and praying ... I want everyone to get there safe! Lord, lift this weather system right on outta here! Amen!

We are supposed to get 8-12 inches, starting around 7 tomorrow morning...so sad :(

:( I'm sad with you! :(

that's the problem with Feb - hard time of year. My niece's birthday is in Feb and 3 years we've had to postpone birthday celebrations due to bad weather.

I hate driving in the snow and Saturday a.m. is not looking pretty for a Hartford commute. Have a show tomorrow so can't leave early. :(

I think ALOT of folks will be scr**ed on Saturday...with the forecast for VA northward! Hartford CT, and those of you guys coming to Raleigh from the north/west.

think the next spring launch needs to be held in the summer...

doughmama said:
think the next spring launch needs to be held in the summer...

LOL

If only......

If anyone who is scheduled for Raleigh is no longer going and not contacted PC about a refund, please contact me!!
Everyone travel safe and have an AMAZING February!!

jut heard only 1 inch or less in CT soooooooooooo happy about that , but south of Ct will get hit NY Long Island they will have to leave very early in the am .

Raliegh looks like it'll be good but surrounding areas are iffy. 24 hours can change things a lot. Everyone travel safe! I wish my team would have taken me up on getting a room but being just an hour away they didn't even want to spend $25. LOL

I would really try to get a room with all that snow the traffic will be slow and you will end up being late , they just closed the white house 1/2 day today on Good Morning America they say it's going to be a very big STORM
I hate the snow drive safe you guys !!!!

BethCooks4U said:
Raliegh looks like it'll be good but surrounding areas are iffy. 24 hours can change things a lot. Everyone travel safe! I wish my team would have taken me up on getting a room but being just an hour away they didn't even want to spend $25. LOL

Beth, I'm just over an hr away from our launch site and wished I had gotten a room! Next year I will. After all we are talking winter in MN here! The AM commute was horrible!

Yeah, next time I'm not giving them a choice. I'll get the room and if no one wants to share it they can just figure out how to get themselves to the event. I'm a bit miffed right now and mostly at me for not being stronger. We're sure to be late and I HATE being late for anything. Once we get though our area we'll be okay but I'm really worried about the first 20 minutes or so!

Yeah,.... we were late too and I HATE being late!!! I had figured it would take double the time... took 45 mins longer than I had planned for! we were 20 minutes late... all was well though, still got there in time for the important stuff!

Well, we were originally planning on leaving here at 6:30 to get to our seats hopefully by 8ish but now we're not leaving until 7 so it's light out and we can see better. We'll be lucky to GET there by 9. ...then there's the parking, getting to the room, registering and finally getting a table. Good luck being together. Not a happy camper here.

I hope I'm wrong and worrying for nothing.

Drive safe - be careful! Praying everyone gets to their event safely.

We had a two hour drive and got a room the night before. It did make the morning much easier. As long as it's not horribly crowded it doesn't take long to get through registration. You just tell them your name they hand you a sticker and tell you to pick up your consultant title badge (like at conference) and the sticker of your choice of trip destination. It was really quick. The first twenty minutes didn't have any "that" important! Drive safely everyone!

I'm not going to Raleigh, but Atlanta (it's about 2 hours closer to me) and last night was REALLY stressing b/c forecast was saying ice pellets ALL DAY with no let-up. I'm a New England Girl so snow doesn't bother me, but the idea of driving down a mountain in ice was not my idea of heaven.So this morning, I go online and the forecast shows it's turning to rain by 10AM and staying that way through 10PM. Halleleujah! I can handle slush. We're driving down tonight 'cause like others, I hate being late and if it's going to take a while to get there, I'd rather get there at midnight tonight and be ontime to the meeting.I hope the forecast changes for everyone...check out Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground. Put in your city/state or zip code and you can get hourly forecasts!

BethCooks4U said:
Well, we were originally planning on leaving here at 6:30 to get to our seats hopefully by 8ish but now we're not leaving until 7 so it's light out and we can see better. We'll be lucky to GET there by 9. ...then there's the parking, getting to the room, registering and finally getting a table. Good luck being together. Not a happy camper here.

I hope I'm wrong and worrying for nothing.

Make sure you have the address for the Convention Center (if you use GPS), and print off the Downtown maps for the parking decks. There are at least 3 in the adjoining block to the Convention Center. But the downtown area has the one-way streets....like most, it's every other street going in one direction or the other, so not too difficult if you know that. But Be prepared.

esavvymom said:
Make sure you have the address for the Convention Center (if you use GPS), and print off the Downtown maps for the parking decks. There are at least 3 in the adjoining block to the Convention Center. But the downtown area has the one-way streets....like most, it's every other street going in one direction or the other, so not too difficult if you know that. But Be prepared.

Uggg! I hate driving into a strange city. Hopefully the one the website talks about being just across the street will have room. I have a handicap sticker and am hoping to park close.

Chefstover2 said:
I'm not going to Raleigh, but Atlanta (it's about 2 hours closer to me) and last night was REALLY stressing b/c forecast was saying ice pellets ALL DAY with no let-up. I'm a New England Girl so snow doesn't bother me, but the idea of driving down a mountain in ice was not my idea of heaven.

So this morning, I go online and the forecast shows it's turning to rain by 10AM and staying that way through 10PM. Halleleujah! I can handle slush. We're driving down tonight 'cause like others, I hate being late and if it's going to take a while to get there, I'd rather get there at midnight tonight and be ontime to the meeting.

I hope the forecast changes for everyone...check out Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground. Put in your city/state or zip code and you can get hourly forecasts!

Drive careful! It is cold, rainy and icky here today, hope this clears before tomorrow. Call me in the morning and let me know where you are so I can find you. We should be at the Galleria by 8:30

BethCooks4U said:
Uggg! I hate driving into a strange city. Hopefully the one the website talks about being just across the street will have room. I have a handicap sticker and am hoping to park close.

Like I said, there are 3 decks on the blocks surrounding the center. I don't know about Handicapped spaces...my cluster is going together, and the lady driving has a handicapped placard/bad leg...so I'll find out tomorrow.

Be careful. Fortunately, it's Saturday...so not as much business traffic as a weekday.

So many from our cluster canceled but three of us made the trip from Richmond. We packed up and drove down at 9AM Friday. It's been so much fun. We decided we'd just "deal" with the weather when we got home tomorrow. They're calling for 20-30 inches in our area. *sigh* Looking forward to tomorrow!!!

I pray everyone arrive safely! We drove to Columbus, OH, on Tuesday and had terrible weather. It wasn't a lot of snow, but just enough to make the highway a sheet of ice! We were stuck in traffice for 1 1/2 hours. We were 1 hour late! We missed the new product announcements. I think they decided to them first since a lot of people were late due to the roads. That way we didn't mioss any of the training.

May God keep all safe!

At least you sxtill got to see them on display at lunch... Glad you were safe.

Yes, at least we still got to see them. Thank you Paulette. I was very thankful we were safe! It was scary.

I'm so thankful it wasn't snowing in Raleigh and it was just a blast! I'm sorry I didn't see any of you! I was so busy checking with my team and keeping up with the other directors in our group. I was so busy before I left that I forgot Beth's phone number too! Sorry y'all but I'm glad we made it!

Related to Snow for Spring Launch in Raleigh!!!!

1. Will the Snow for Spring Launch in Raleigh still take place despite the forecasted snowfall?

At this time, the Snow for Spring Launch in Raleigh is still scheduled to take place as planned. We are monitoring the weather closely and will make any necessary updates or changes to the event if needed.

2. What will happen if the event is canceled due to inclement weather?

If the Snow for Spring Launch in Raleigh is canceled due to weather conditions, we will do our best to reschedule the event for a later date. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled date, you will be eligible for a refund.

3. How will I be notified if the event is canceled or rescheduled?

If there are any changes to the event, we will notify all registered attendees via email. We will also post updates on our social media channels and website.

4. Can I still attend the event if I am unable to travel due to the weather?

We understand that the weather may prevent some attendees from traveling to the event. If you are unable to attend, we encourage you to reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for options on how to still participate in the launch.

5. Will there be any accommodations made for those traveling from areas with severe weather?

We understand that the weather may cause travel difficulties for some attendees. If you are unable to make it to the event, please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for options on how to still participate in the launch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • frozenchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies