• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Reschedule My Grand Opening Due to Snow? Get Advice Here!

In summary, Melissa is having her Grand opening today, it is snowing really bad, and she is unsure if she should reschedule or if she should just go ahead with the show as is. There are going to be 6-7 people coming, one of which is already having a party, and two of her friends who she doesn't think are going to show up. There is a chance that the weather will stop by 4pm, but there are people who Melissa wanted to come that couldn't because of the weather. She is considering cancelling or hosting the show on Sunday instead.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I have my Grand opening today and it is snowing so bad here. I had a 2:30 planned, and a 6:30 show.

Do you think I should reschedule? Here is what I am thinking.

Right now, I had 2 people traveling from 40+ minutes away. They said they would be there if weather was ok. Obviously they are not going to come. That leaves me with my two other Aunts coming who are older and they could possibly cancel. I noticed the one called me around 11:30 and did not leave a message. I had two other friends coming, who were not really buying but just coming for support.

Then, tonight I have about 6-7 people coming as well. Again, one being two of my friends who are already having parties, and probably not buying. Then my Aunt called who lives 30 minutes away to "get directions" and ask if I was still going to have the show with all this snow. I think it is supposed to stop by 4, but here is the thing. There are several people who couldn't make it that I really wanted to come, people who would have bought, who I really wanted to book. So, if I reschedule, then maybe it would work out to my advantage so those people who couldn't come, now can.

Or, should I just see who shows and go from there... what do you guys think? I feel like if I don't call it a reschedule, and then bring up a "Snow date" later, it looks desperate. Am I even making sense? I have no idea what to do. I feel so deflated right now! I tried to call my recruiter and she did not answer her cel or phone :( suggestions please!?!!

This crazy weather!:grumpy: :rolleyes:

I would just keep it as is - it's at your house right? So, if no one shows, you won't be out anything, but if people do show up - you're there for them. You can always have a "Snow Day" show the beginning of March - and re-invite all of those people who couldn't make it this time.

Another option is to call everyone who can't make it because of the weather, and tell them how sorry you are they couldn't be there, and how much fun they missed ~ but would they like to place an order, or continue the fun with a show of their own? Let them know that PC has some great new recipes that will bring a bit of sunshine into all of this dreary weather, and that you know that their friends would love a chance to get out and enjoy a taste of Spring!

I don't think having a snow date later will look desperate. Just put a good 'spin' on it. When you do the show later, make sure to mention that you wanted everyone to be able to attend & since they couldn't, you're offering them another date. As far as the friends that are coming, have a girls' night in! :) Maybe that's just the sahm in me coming out! :D

I've had several shows go on like normal after getting snow all day. If it's at your house, I wouldn't worry about it too much and plan to go on like normal.

I just sent you a PM, Melissa.

I think while being optimistic about having it at your home, even though you are getting a lot of snow is good, but personally I don't like to travel in the snow! As a guest, I would like to be reassured, another date would be set so that I don't have to risk my life (or others) to get there.

I am just trying to be honest with you! I know you must have been looking so forward to it, is there anyway you could maybe host it on Sunday and have a brunch show?

Obviously, you'll still be home, if someone missed the message, but I am not sure how much snow you are getting...anything more then 1-2inches, I would say postpone it.

For the sake of the travelers....not to mention the older folks you mentioned. It just isn't safe.

God bless, and good luck.

Good point, I am here. I am letting people off the hook- only one Aunt who tried to get off the hook, by saying that I am gonna be here, I have the food bought, and the stuff prepped, and I haven't had any cancellations, so I plan to go on with the show. BUT, I am sure some people will not be able to make it, and if that is the case, I can always set a snow date later for those who were not able to make it. That way it doesn't make people feel like they have to come. I need the practice, so I guess this will be good! Thank goodness my show tomorrow is looking very positive! PS, my one friend from Brighton (40+) IS coming, so I figure if she can trek it out here, than so can most everyone else. I am NOT scared to drive in the snow though, so my opinion is a bit biased. Oh, yeah, and my 19 year old nephew is being told by his Mom (my sis) to come shovel my sidewalk :) :) :) That makes me VERY happy! :)

How much longer is it supposed to snow by you? It stopped here by the lakeshore around 10 am. I haven't seen a weather report, today though.

On the morning news, they said sometime between 1 and 4. And looking out the window, it just stopped (within the last 10 minutes). Yay!

Melissa, I hope your show works out. At least the 6:30 should be fine. I don't know where you are located, but by now we are all so used to the snow aren't we? Drive slow, leave early, blah, blah, blah. At least it isn't blowing. Snow is actually melting off the roof.
I had decided that I was so done shoveling. We were just going to drive over the snow. But, I figured I should shovel the sidewalk because FED EX is coming today. I was shocked by how much snow we had. I think my mind is hoping that we are coming to the end of the snow accumulations. I shoveled the driveway by the garage and a nice neighbor came over and did the longer part. It was heavy, today. I'm just glad it stopped so I don't have to go back out. I didn't need my mittens because it really wasn't that cold. Of course, I had to throw the snow way up over the piles from before, so I was getting a good workout to stay warm.

Melissa's in the Detroit area - 2 miles from me, in fact. Small world!

call your guest that don't come but you think wanted to order, have them go on PC website and put in your information when they place the order so you get the credit. I haven't had this problem yet and I have my own website, but that is what I was told to do if the situation every came around. Good luck. Let us know how it turned out.

Let us know how it turns out!

Ok, I have to type this fast, cause I am getting ready for my 11:00 am show. I was sooo tired by the end of the night, but ended with $688.00 in sales!! I thought VERY good for the fact that I had the bad weather issue, and about 3 of my guests that came, are putting orders in through a different party. (so another host gets credit..it was my suggestion)Anyhow, here is what I think the funny thing is with all the snow! My 2:30 show, the one I was worried most about, cause of the weather...everyone who RSVP'ed showed...even the guest from Brighton and the guest from Lansing. THEN, for my 6:30 show, 3 people MUCH closer and when it WASN'T snowing any longer cancelled cause of the weather! :) Go figure! The first show, I did great even with my MIL who HECKLED ME!! Can you believe it from my MIL. My Sis was soo mad, but I was fine, told her there will always be people who heckle and so I need the practice anyhow. I did the brownie truffles, and she was going on and on about how bad it was to heat chocolate in the microwave. I got to make a joke out of it "Yup, that is why I keep disappearing on you guys, cause I have to stir every 10 seconds to make sure the choc does not burn." etc, etc. But surprisingly that show seemed to go better than the last one. The last one, everyone was SOOO quiet, and that kinda threw me off. I didn't do as good of a job talking about hosting or recruiting, but I did ok with the tools. BTW, I had my guests help me read the product cards for each tools, saying they were there to train me. And, then I would talk about my personal experience with the product. "Oh, yes, that is my favorite thing about the silicone basting brush... I HATED picking brush hairs out of my food, don't you?"I will say, hearing those cards being read out loud twice, did help the product info. stick in my head! I feel pretty prepared today for my 11:00, wish me luck!Thanks to you all for your support!

forgot to add, I got 6 shows... only 2 in the month of March, the rest in the summer time (these are people who had other shows recently) and one in the Fall time.

Awesome! You're off to a great start:)

That's great, Melissa!! Way to go!

Melissa, way to go!

Congratulations on a great start! Glad it worked out so well for you.

Sounds like you had a great day! Congratulations.

Wow :thumbup: Good results!

You are off to a great start!

So, are you planning interactive shows?

Congrats!! Sounds like things went quite well!!

Way to go! One thing that I found helped me make sure I talk about recruiting and hosting every time was to use the flip top chart. In the front I have all the host and guest specials for the current and next month. Then I have my theme shows. After that is recruiting information. That way I go from one, to the next, to the next. And I never forget to talk about anything!

I will have to check those flip charts out. I figure on the interactive I need to get my stuff down first. But today at my Brunch show I had the host and one other guest come up and use the chopper.

Good Job Melissa

What are the most popular products at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, our most popular products include our classic stoneware, our versatile cookware, our time-saving kitchen tools, our meal prep solutions, and our innovative gadgets.

How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will receive a starter kit with everything you need to start your business, including training and support from our team. You can also earn rewards and commissions by hosting parties and selling our products.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Proof of purchase is required, and the product must be in its original condition. If you received a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Can I order Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can order Pampered Chef products online through our website. You can also place an order through a consultant if you know one. By ordering through a consultant, you can also support their business and earn host rewards for yourself.

Does Pampered Chef offer any discounts or promotions?

Pampered Chef frequently offers discounts and promotions, especially for our loyal customers and hosts. You can stay updated on our current offers by following us on social media and signing up for our email newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • ChefJoyJ