• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I fill my calendar before my grand opening show?

In summary, the author is currently trying to schedule more shows but is running out of people to call. She is planning on taking her daughter to her old school next week and hosting a show there, as well as her husband working to deliver flyers, and her neighbors. She also plans on using her husband to look for fairs to attend in the near future.
ChefJoyJ
I really want to continue making my 3 contacts a day, but I've pretty much tapped out my phone list now. :( My list of 100 wasn't quite that 100 people...but I called who I could.
I live about 3 1/2 hours from where pretty much my *entire* family lives...aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, parents, my brother...you get the idea. My sister in law is hosting a party, which much of my family is planning to attend...along with many of SIL's friends (who love PC and stoneware) and my mom's friends (it promises to be a big show). So...that pool is tapped right now. I am hopeful that I will get some bookings from it (and so is my family - more excuses to see my DD).

I'm planning on taking DD to the school I used to teach at next week (probably Mon or Tues)...and take some goodies...and go ahead and post my grand opening flyer. My grand opening isn't until Jan 6, but I want to let them know so they can plan for it. I'll continue to pop in...esp. the first week in Jan (with goodies again...teachers like goodies :)) and remind them about the show. I know I'll get at least a few people from the school to my grand opening... When I go on Mon or Tues, I'm going during the lunch time hours, so I can see if some of my old colleagues would be interested in hosting a show and taking advantage of the fabulous host specials and also helping me out so I can continue to be a SAHM (and get a booming business).

I'm planning on inviting my neighbors to my grand opening too...but haven't run into several of them lately. I will probably hand deliver the invitation flyer to them...so that I can talk to them (and maybe get a show booked ;))

My husband also works in a company where all the women love him...so I'm planning on putting him to work and having him deliver some grand opening flyers. (I told him that although he believes that it's not possible to earn a decent amount of money w/ PC, after I purchase the kit, he's not allowed to say anything negative. He promised to support me 100%...which means no negativity - only helpful suggestions and positive encouragement!) So, when he delivers the flyers - he can only say things such as - "My wife has recently started her own PC business and she's super excited about it. She's having a grand opening show on Jan 6...and when she asked about who from work might be interested in great products and a fun time, I thought of you. Here's her flyer...I hope you can make it." Okay, okay...I'm clearly in fantasyland. :D

When I originally started this post, it was supposed to be a "sigh" b/c I'm so motivated to make phone calls and fill my calendar, but don't have anyone left to call right now. Dang it - I want to cross out my 100 No's before the end of Dec!! Reading my post, I realize I have a lot more leads and things going on...but I don't want to wait until my grand opening show to get any more shows booked...I want a full Jan now! (okay, before Christmas!) :D I have 5 cooking shows and 1 catty definite in Jan, plus 2 more people want to host, but aren't sure when. I think I can convince 1 to be in Jan...but the other may not be until March.

Should I just be happy with what I have going on or do you have any suggestions? I'm in such a phone calling mood! :D

Can you check out if there are any fairs going on right now around you? Like craft fairs or holiday bazaars? Those are the best for getting contacts.

If you are in a calling mood you need to keep going with it!!!

Should I just be happy with what I have going on or do you have any suggestions? I'm in such a phone calling mood! :D[/QUOTE]

First of all CONGRATULATIONS for all that you already have scheduled!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Second... I'm never just happy with what I have... I'm always looking and scouting for more just in case I have cancellations etc.... have you talked to people at your dentist, doctor, realtor, bank teller, insurance agent?

You are doing SUPER!!!!!!!!!

sfdavis918 said:
Can you check out if there are any fairs going on right now around you? Like craft fairs or holiday bazaars? Those are the best for getting contacts.

I haven't signed with PC yet...waiting until closer to the end of Dec so my 30...no wait...60 days :love: rock!! So fairs are not an option for me...but good idea! I'll make sure I'm ready to tell everyone about my new PC business at all the holiday parties we'll be going to! :D

quiverfull7 said:
First of all CONGRATULATIONS for all that you already have scheduled!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Second... I'm never just happy with what I have... I'm always looking and scouting for more just in case I have cancellations etc.... have you talked to people at your dentist, doctor, realtor, bank teller, insurance agent?

You are doing SUPER!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! :) My goal is to have at least 8 shows every month...so I'm still short by 2... :p No, I haven't talked to all those people yet...hadn't even thought of all of them. Thanks for bringing them to mind! I need to make sure when I'm out and about I have my DYLAB flyer, a diffferent Jan host/guest special flyer I have and my calendar with me at all times! Oh yeah, some catty's too! :D

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks!! :) My goal is to have at least 8 shows every month...so I'm still short by 2... :p No, I haven't talked to all those people yet...hadn't even thought of all of them. Thanks for bringing them to mind! I need to make sure when I'm out and about I have my DYLAB flyer, a diffferent Jan host/guest special flyer I have and my calendar with me at all times! Oh yeah, some catty's too! :D

And catalogs! :) And don't forget that if you have shows for early in January, the bookings from those may very well still want the January specials as well... stoneware sales are great incentives.

Do you have access to catalogs right now? Or even Mini Catalogs....do you have someone you are signing with who could order a PC pin for you to wear? I get so many contacts by wearing my pin, or apparel - and then having Mini Catalogs to hand to people when they ask about PC. If you can do this - make sure that when you give them info - you also get their info, and then - FOLLOW UP! I have had orders and bookings both come from just running errands and being ready with a mini catalog!:thumbup:

Joy,

Congratulations on starting your new business! I absolutely love Pampered Chef and love my business more each day. For some people (like me) it took time to build my business. My entire family lives two hours away from me and I really didn't know many people where I now live. :rolleyes:

Getting some catalogs or mini-catalogs will be a good thing for you to have. One thing I did (that wouldn't require catalogs) is I went around a few homes in my area during the summer to pass out some flyers. I created a "I'm Welcoming Myself to the Neighborhood" with information about myself and some Pampered Chef monthly host specials. I didn't get anything from it (yet!!), but it was an exercise in marketing.

In conversation, try to bring up that you're a Pampered Chef consultant. I know Ilene Meckley (a professional speaker who speaks to direct sales groups) says that language is key. Tell everyone how excited you are about starting your new business. Ask if they know about Pampered Chef. If so, ask when was the last time they attended a show? Then ask if they'd be interested in hosting their own show and earn free products!

I carry or wear logo wear whenever I can. I have a lead from a cashier in Wal-Mart who remarked on my PC bag. When I found out she'd never been to a show, I told her they were so much fun. She asked if I did any around her part of town (which is all of ten minutes away!) and I said I sure did. Then I got her name and phone number to follow up with her.

Talk it up and you'll be surprised how people respond. Pampered Chef was the #1 most recognized brand for kitchen tools in a survey done by Home Furnishing News. So our name is already established - we just need to find the people who are want free products! ;)

I'm wishing you tons of good leads and keep that wonderful enthusiasm going - it attracts new business! :chef:

If I were you 'ChefJoy', I would print out the Host Information Form off CC to help keep track of your PH and Future Hosts. You could also challenge yourself to a booking blitz - and offer a 'Host Promotion.' OR come up with some Theme Shows. I always seem to have the SAME Hosts with the SAME invites...so in the New Year, I am going to change things up with my Shows. Themes like, "Grey's Anatomy", "Mommy and Me" Bake and Take Cookie Show, "Cooking with Kids", WW, "the Potatoe Show", etc. I am also going to phone all my PH and tell them about the Booking Incentives I am offering. I am beginning to exhaust my ClientBase as well...so I am just plain and simple going to ask for referrals!.....

quiverfull7 said:
Should I just be happy with what I have going on or do you have any suggestions? I'm in such a phone calling mood! :D

You are doing SUPER!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

In addition to the strong start you are gigving yourself, why not comb through yout loval phone book and see who you might interest in doing a little fundraising for? Don't forget your 3 can be from strangers you meet at stores, coffee shops, etc. :)

Chef Mary Rose said:
Joy,

Congratulations on starting your new business! I absolutely love Pampered Chef and love my business more each day. For some people (like me) it took time to build my business. My entire family lives two hours away from me and I really didn't know many people where I now live. :rolleyes:

Getting some catalogs or mini-catalogs will be a good thing for you to have. One thing I did (that wouldn't require catalogs) is I went around a few homes in my area during the summer to pass out some flyers. I created a "I'm Welcoming Myself to the Neighborhood" with information about myself and some Pampered Chef monthly host specials. I didn't get anything from it (yet!!), but it was an exercise in marketing.

In conversation, try to bring up that you're a Pampered Chef consultant. I know Ilene Meckley (a professional speaker who speaks to direct sales groups) says that language is key. Tell everyone how excited you are about starting your new business. Ask if they know about Pampered Chef. If so, ask when was the last time they attended a show? Then ask if they'd be interested in hosting their own show and earn free products!

I carry or wear logo wear whenever I can. I have a lead from a cashier in Wal-Mart who remarked on my PC bag. When I found out she'd never been to a show, I told her they were so much fun. She asked if I did any around her part of town (which is all of ten minutes away!) and I said I sure did. Then I got her name and phone number to follow up with her.

Talk it up and you'll be surprised how people respond. Pampered Chef was the #1 most recognized brand for kitchen tools in a survey done by Home Furnishing News. So our name is already established - we just need to find the people who are want free products! ;)

I'm wishing you tons of good leads and keep that wonderful enthusiasm going - it attracts new business! :chef:

Mary, can we see your flyer pretty please?

Hi Susan,

I've tried to attach a PDF to this message but the upload failed. Is there a place I can go to for info on uploading to the file area?

Chef Mary Rose said:
Hi Susan,

I've tried to attach a PDF to this message but the upload failed. Is there a place I can go to for info on uploading to the file area?

Are you at your attachment limit? That huge recipe file loaded mine full and I was unable to load things myself. I had to go in and "manage/delete" the ones no longer being viewed.

Or - maybe you could just email them to me? [email protected]

pull out ea. folder with info. on customers from previous shows and past hosts. You should start filling in your month. I am going to be doing this myself. Good luck with it.

Pam - I'm a brand new consultant, so I don't have past hosts and previous show info... But I have 4 shows on the books, a nurse that wants to book in Jan and is just waiting for her schedule to be out (speaking of, it's now Jan, so it's up...I need to call her) and a catty show. But I wanted to have 8 shows, I just ran out of people to call... My grand opening is Sun, so here's to hoping I have a) a lot of people show and b) at least 2 bookings!! :D

1. What is "Sigh...tapped Out..."?

"Sigh...tapped Out..." is a new line of kitchen tools and gadgets released by Pampered Chef. These products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. Are the "Sigh...tapped Out..." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the "Sigh...tapped Out..." products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can I purchase "Sigh...tapped Out..." products online?

Yes, "Sigh...tapped Out..." products can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are there any special offers or discounts for "Sigh...tapped Out..." products?

Yes, there are often promotions and bundle deals available for "Sigh...tapped Out..." products. Check the Pampered Chef website or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. Are the "Sigh...tapped Out..." products covered by a warranty?

Yes, all "Sigh...tapped Out..." products come with a 1-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. If you encounter any issues with your product, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kkrueger125
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • littlebeans
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • tdixon