• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of having a grand opening for a business and whether it is necessary or beneficial. One person shares their experience of having a successful grand opening with 55 attendees and multiple bookings and orders. They suggest inviting a large number of people and offering incentives to make it a successful event. Other participants also encourage having a grand opening and suggest reaching out to as many people as possible. Overall, it is recommended to have a grand opening to kickstart the business and attract new customers.
littlebeans
Hi all! New here, first post! Yippee! Okay, I'm wondering if everyone does a "Grand Opening" or if just branching out is okay. All the people that I would have at my Grand Opening have already commited to doing shows, so I kind of feel odd asking them to order from me at a Grand Opening when in two weeks time, they could order all their stuff with a discount. I guess I'm worried they too would get upset at that. And once they know that they will get this discount, even lesser chance of them ordering at my Grand Opening. So...hmm...is it okay to just skip a Grand Opening all together and maybe save that for another time???
Thanks!!
~Kimberly

Congratulations on your first post!! WooHoo!

Now, to your question...

Wow! That's FANTASTIC! You've already gone through your list of 100 and booked that many shows? (okay I'm being sarcastic)

When I started PC ~ I did do a grand opening show. I invited my list of 100 ~ I called EACH one 2 weeks before and then 2 days before. I wanted it to be big. Before I had it, I had 8 bookings already on my calendar.

I had 55 people in attendance. Of those, here's what I got...
18 kitchen shows
14 catalog shows
2 fundraisers
2 RECRUITS!
EVERYONE placed an order! (and some that weren't able to come ordered too ~ had over $500 in orders before the show!)
34 referrals for more customers/bookings!

That was my all-time high show (listed to the left).

What did I do? Like I said I invited the 100 (paper invites), CALL to personally invite, and made the 100 reminder calls 2 days before. Just goes to show you how effective host coaching CAN be.

I offered free SB for anyone bringing orders with them or bringing another adult.
I offered a basket pick (quikcuts, citrus peelers, etc) for anyone who booked a party
I offered a $10 credit on their order if they booked in the next month.
I offered free ingredients if they booked in the 2nd month out.
I offered an extra 5% donation from my commission if they did a fundraiser.
I offered to pay $25 towards their kit (if they signed up) when they became a qualified consultant.

So back to your question...should you do it?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

HTH,
Ginny

THE KEY ~ HOST COACH YOURSELF!!!

Kimberly, I don't expect the people that are hosting my first shows to attend my grand opening. And since I have a very small circle of friends, I'm asking everyone imaginable, PLUS taking my flyers to every house in our cul-de-sac, and maybe even further out in our subdivision! One of my goals is to meet new people. What better way?!

When I started PC ~ I did do a grand opening show. I invited my list of 100 ~ I called EACH one 2 weeks before and then 2 days before. I wanted it to be big. Before I had it, I had 8 bookings already on my calendar.

18 kitchen shows
14 catalog shows
2 fundraisers
2 RECRUITS!
EVERYONE placed an order! (and some that weren't able to come ordered too ~ had over $500 in orders before the show!)

Ginny, thanks so much for sharing! My grand opening is quickly approaching, and just reading your post was very encouraging!

Kimberly~

Sure you can still have a Grand Opening! Do as Ginny and Jules have said... and then some! Carry around flyers for your GO and pass them out everywhere...to the people you see at the bank, grocery store, post office, school events, etc., etc.! I understand what you are saying about those who are already booked, but invite them anyway! Let them decide for themselves if they want to order from your GO or to wait till their show!

Good luck... and welcome to our group!

Kitchen2u said:
Congratulations on your first post!! WooHoo!

Now, to your question...

Wow! That's FANTASTIC! You've already gone through your list of 100 and booked that many shows? (okay I'm being sarcastic)

18 kitchen shows
14 catalog shows
2 fundraisers
2 RECRUITS!

That was my all-time high show (listed to the left).

What did I do? Like I said I invited the 100 (paper invites), CALL to personally invite, and made the 100 reminder calls 2 days before. Just goes to show you how effective host coaching CAN be.

I offered free SB for anyone bringing orders with them or bringing another adult.
I offered a basket pick (quikcuts, citrus peelers, etc) for anyone who booked a party
I offered a $10 credit on their order if they booked in the next month.
I offered free ingredients if they booked in the 2nd month out.
I offered an extra 5% donation from my commission if they did a fundraiser.
I offered to pay $25 towards their kit (if they signed up) when they became a qualified consultant.

So back to your question...should you do it?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

HTH,
Ginny

THE KEY ~ HOST COACH YOURSELF!!!

Ginny~

I am so glad that you are posting here now! I used to be a big member of WLPCT and always loved what you had to share there. You are a wealth of information and we are all lucky that you are here at CS now too! Thanks for all of your help and inspiration that you pass on to everyone!!!

(((((((((((((hugs to you))))))))))))))))))))))

OK, now that you think I am a stalker or something....I will stop gushing!:eek:

I had a grand opening. most everyone that was there had shows already booked. the reason i had mine....to practice! i still had a $500 show, and i got the nerves out of the way!

Hosting a grand opening gives you the chance to invite people that you wouldn't expect to host a show (co-workers, husband's co-workers, neighbors, former neighbors, distant relatives, and more). It may force you to think outside the box instead of seeing "all the people you know" to be a small group. You (and all your future hosts) know way more people than you realize and this is good practise....

Thanks! When you all put it that way, lol, it makes LOTS of sense. I still have a lot to read and watch and have every intention to, but this has been tossing in my head so I wanted to get it "out there" so to speak. I really appreciate the views! Thanks so much!

KellyTheChef said:
Ginny~

I am so glad that you are posting here now! I used to be a big member of WLPCT and always loved what you had to share there. You are a wealth of information and we are all lucky that you are here at CS now too! Thanks for all of your help and inspiration that you pass on to everyone!!!

(((((((((((((hugs to you))))))))))))))))))))))

OK, now that you think I am a stalker or something....I will stop gushing!:eek:

Ahhhh...(blush)..thanks! What a nice compliment!

Ginny

I would definately invite those people who already agreed to host a show.

Tell them that you don't want them to order a thing! You just need to practice before you come to their house! They will be happy to help you.

Good luck, and let us all know how it goes!

honestly, I have yet to do a "grand opening", I was in the same boat as you. However, I will probably do a "hostess appreciation" or "come see what's new" show in the near future to help drum up more leads.

I was wondering about this $10 credit or other discounts that you offer. Do you pay for that out of you own pocket?

I'm sure she does!!!:D

1. What is the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others?"

The "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to celebrate the opening of a new business. It is a verse that encourages giving back to others and spreading kindness in the community.

2. How can I participate in the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others?"

To participate in the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others," simply purchase any Pampered Chef product during the promotion period. A portion of the sales will be donated to a charity chosen by the hosting consultant.

3. When does the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" promotion take place?

The "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" promotion is typically offered during the grand opening of a new Pampered Chef business. However, it may also be offered during other special events or promotions throughout the year.

4. Can I choose which charity my purchase will support?

Yes, during the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" promotion, the hosting consultant will choose a charity to support and a portion of the sales will be donated to that specific charity. However, you can always donate directly to a charity of your choice through Pampered Chef's Round-Up from the Heart program.

5. Is there a limit to how much can be donated through the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" promotion?

No, there is no limit to the amount that can be donated through the "Grand Opening Verse Just Doing for Others" promotion. The more products that are purchased, the more money will be donated to the chosen charity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tdixon
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tdixon
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • pchefinski