• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Host a PC Party at my Grand Opening for my Primary Business?

In summary, Tracy is an expert summarizer of content. Tracy has come up with an idea to promote her PC consulting business by having a cooking demo at her store. Tracy has contacted HO to find out what the policy is about this.
tdixon
Last year I signed up to become a PC Consultant and failed to qualify within my first 90 days so I decided to wait until this year to give it another go. Since my problem seemed to be getting hosts to keep their bookings I've come up with another idea to see if I can get the ball rolling.

My primary business is making chocolate covered strawberries and fresh fruit bouquets and I'm planning on having a grand opening next month or early March. Can I make it a PC party hosted by my primary business. My objective is not to sell fruit bouquets during the grand opening although if someone wants to place an order for them I wouldn't say no. Overall I think holding a PC demo would greatly add some much need content to the grand opening but I don't want to break the rules.

Any suggestions?
Tracy

Will this be in your home, or at a place of business? If at your place of business, will you have employees there who can handle the taking of orders so you can be focused on PC?

I know the apron is one size fits all, but if you're talking about switching aprons during your show to promote a different business, that's not allowed. When you're wearing the apron, you're selling PC and nothing else.

No, you can't. It says that we cannot personally sell PC along side something else.

Not to mention that it wouldn't benefit EITHER business.I've held a joint party before with my previous product line and a friend who sold candles. Even though there was absolutely no overlap, it went over like a lead balloon. People have a certain amount of money to spend and they either pick one or the other or divide it between the two, and don't order what they would have had they just had one option.

After giving this some additional thought I think my primary focus would be to promote the business more by using PC. I did want to demo some of PC's quick fruity recipes like the Caramel Apple Dip, Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue, Decadent Dipped Strawberries and Hawaiian Fruit Dip. I'd also serve something like Summer Berry Shortcakes and Paradise Dessert Pizza and a fruit based beverage of some sort. And to let everyone know that they can book their own PC party, I'd print or order some recipe cards and some small note cards that say something like "Like this recipe? Ask me about hosting your own FREE cooking demo".If that's too much of a grey area or a blatant violation of the rules then I'll just have to figure out other creative ways to get bookings but I felt that would be a great way to let all of my customers know that I am a PC Consultant and get bookings.

I don't know if this is legal, just throwing it out there but you could have a drawing box at on your counter that people could fill out info for drawings during your open house. You could let them know that you cannot mix businesses during your open house but if they need anything you'll contact them when it's over. You could always call HO to find out what exactly the policy about this is.

tdixon said:
After giving this some additional thought I think my primary focus would be to promote the business more by using PC.
yeah this is a thought because i want to become a personal chef while using onlt pampered chef products while being a consultant..... how would that work out and would that be illigeal

My whole reason for becoming a PC consultant other than my love of the products is that I thought it would perfectly complement my business. I also thought that I'd be able to make some extra money while using products that I'm crazy about! I really had no idea that my idea of doing a monthly cooking show at the store to get bookings would be a problem. I'm going to just email or call HO to see what my options are. I may just have to be content using my products and just focusing on my business. :)

Don't forget, the warranty on your products are void if they are used for "resturant" purposes.

Thanks for the reminder. I only use the products for shows not at my store. I have commercial equipment to handle all that stuff ;-)

Can I use Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Yes, most of our products are microwave-safe. However, it is always recommended to check the product's label or instructions before using it in the microwave.

Can I put Pampered Chef cookware in the dishwasher?

Yes, all of our cookware is dishwasher safe. However, for longer lasting results, we recommend hand washing with mild soap and warm water.

Can I return a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy that allows you to return any product within 1 year of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Please refer to our website for more details on our return policy.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products while having a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. Contact your local consultant to schedule a party.

Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, we are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team as consultants. You can sign up on our website or contact your local consultant for more information on becoming a consultant and the benefits it offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • kaylasmommy12605
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefinski