• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening Questions - Suggestions Please!

In summary, the author is considering having a Grand Opening but is unsure if it will be possible to do so due to the amount of work that needs to be done beforehand and the presence of small children. The author recommends hosting a show or doing a Mystery Host Show to get the word out there.
koima
I have three shows booked and a potential preschool fundraiser for my first month, November. I haven't had a Grand Opening, and hadn't planned on it, but I want to be sure I qualify in November (in case the fundraiser doesn't pan out!) and get as many PC bucks as possible in the first 30 days! Plus, with the Sell-A-Thon, it would be to my advantage to kick things off right!

I'm thinking about having a Grand Opening, but our house is a mess and I have two very small children (DS 3 years old, and DD 11 weeks), so it seems like it would be an obstacle to having a party here - both in getting the house together enough for friends to come by (we have lots of clutter!), and keeping the kids from being underfoot and screaming. I was considering doing one the weekend after Thanksgiving, since the house will be a little more put together from having my family over for the holiday, but I don't know if anyone will be around, and still have the kid issue.

I have several friends who have said, "Invite me if you have a show" but weren't interested in having their own shows, so I think I'd have decent turn out.

What do you think I should do?

If you can't figure out a good time to have it - and, I'd try to get someone to watch the children for you - put together a catalog show! If you have people who are willing to come to a show or place an order, they'd probably place an order to help you out. Also, I'd ask if they know anyone who would be interested in hosting; those type of guests usually know someone who will take advantage of getting free products & they'll be a great guest for them! :)Good luck with your start up month - it's a GREAT time to start this business!!!

I would try to get a sitter for your kids, or get DH to take them out for the couple of hours you'll be doing your show. It would be impossible to do a show with your kids around, and possibly underfoot. Also, you don't have to clean the entire house, just the rooms the people will be seeing, so if you don't have time to do a thorough cleaning/decluttering, you could always do a stash-n-dash, and remove most of the clutter to an area of the house where no one will see it. Then you can clean it and make it look nice.

I did a grand opening for my business, and am so glad I did! I got 2 repeat hostesses out of it, several repeat clients, and an amazing show total!! I highly recommend it as a way to let all your friends/neighbors/DH's coworkers, etc, know about your PC business! If you want, I'll post my grand opening flyer when I'm on the computer that has it.

Here it is. I printed it on really cute paper with a snowflake border.

Attachments

• GrandOpeningc.doc
    39 KB · Views: 346
I like your flyer. I will let my new Recruit see it! She is wanting to do a Grand Opening as well. She plans to sign when we turn in her Show sometime after the 7th!

I hope it helps! I signed at the very end of Dec., so I held my grand opening in early Jan. I wanted to sign at a time I could get my hosts excited and really get started with a bang!

If at ALL POSSIBLE - get a sitter for your kids, OR keep DD and just have a casual laid-back kind of open house.

- Play the Ticket Game (with extra prizes for those who attend and/or bring a friend)
- Have food pre-made
- have different stations - products to demo - hosting - recruiting

If you have lots of interest from those who want to attend a show but not host - I would run a $1000 Mystery Host Show in conjunction with your Open House.

1. What is the best way to promote my Pampered Chef Grand Opening?

The best way to promote your Grand Opening is through a combination of digital marketing and word of mouth. Utilize social media platforms to spread the word and create buzz. You can also reach out to friends, family, and local businesses to invite them to your event.

2. How long should my Grand Opening event be?

The length of your Grand Opening event is up to you, but we recommend keeping it between 2-3 hours. This allows enough time for your guests to mingle, browse the products, and place orders.

3. Can I offer any special incentives or discounts during my Grand Opening?

Yes, you can offer special incentives and discounts during your Grand Opening to entice customers to make a purchase. This can include discounts on certain products, free gifts with purchase, or even a raffle for a larger prize.

4. How can I make my Grand Opening event fun and engaging for my guests?

There are many ways to make your Grand Opening event fun and engaging for your guests. You can have cooking demonstrations, games, and activities related to your products. You can also offer food and drinks to keep your guests energized and entertained.

5. What should I do after my Grand Opening event?

After your Grand Opening event, it's important to follow up with your guests. This can include sending thank you notes, reaching out to potential customers who showed interest in your products, and providing information on how to host their own Pampered Chef party. Additionally, make sure to keep in touch with your customers and continue to promote your business through social media and other marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• littlebeans
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Francine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • ChefJoyJ