• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Grand Opening: Jan 6 or 13? Help Me Decide!

In summary, The author is planning on having her grand opening cooking show on Jan 6 (10 days from today). However, she is unsure if that day is going to work or if she should go for Jan 13 (her next open day). Her reasons for uncertainty are because she hasn't mailed out her flyers yet, due to a series of events she is calling a comedy of errors. If she doesn't get her flyers in the mail until today or tomorrow, most people won't get them until next week and the show is next weekend. She would go for the 13th personally if she could. The author has been so organised up to this point that I know she can do it on the 6th as planned.
ChefJoyJ
As most of you know, I've just been biding my time until late Dec to sign my agreement and become a consultant - well, I finally signed!! :D

I was planning on having my grand opening cooking show on Jan 6 (10 days from today). Now I'm not sure if that day is going to work or if I should go for Jan 13 (my next open day).

My reasons? 1. My 60 days don't start until Jan 3, which makes me think I might not get my kit until then. 2. I haven't mailed out my flyers yet, due to a series of events I'm calling a comedy of errors. So, I'm worried that if I don't get my flyers in the mail until today or tomorrow, most people won't get them until next week and the show is next weekend. Is that too late??? 3. If I don't get my kit until Jan 3, that's only 3 days to "practice". While I know I can wing it, should I?

While part of me would still like to have it Jan 6, my practical side is telling me that I should change it to the next Sunday (Jan 13), and get my flyers out in the next day or 2. That way people have time to plan for it and also to RSVP.

What are your thoughts?? What day should I do it and why Help! :confused:

(and yes, I know if I change it I won't get the tablecloth :()

I would go for the 13th personally. While the tablecloth is always a good perk, it'd suck hugs if you didn't have your kit and/or people didn't have time to plan.

You have been so organised to this point that I know you can do it on the 6th as planned.
Your kit will arrive in less then 5 days for ordering, that will give you a couple of days to play.
Mail out your flyers and post them on local bulletin boards, do you have a local paper, put a small ad in coming events.
Phone those friends personally and tell them you need their support and to bring friends.
Go for it, take the leap. You'll do fine.
Lorna

Stay with the 6th - it's not like there is a whole lot going on in peoples lives in the first few weeks following the Holidays.;) I agree - give them a call and let them know about it, and then follow up with an invite in the mail.

Stay with the 6th and MAKE PHONE CALLS! If you want, you can look into Post Calls (email me at [email protected] if you want a referral letter for half-price calls) and send out a recorded call to invite as well as to remind people. If you don't do that, then not many people will come. Three days should be enough time to practice. Don't worry about the recipe. Here are my suggestions for your first few shows:
1. have a guest read the recipe out for you and keep you on track
2. have the guests help with the recipe
3. KNOW THE HOST PROGRAM!!!
4. KNOW THE NEW CONSULTANT PROGRAM!!!
5. everything else will fall into place.

I say stay with the 6th also. Do as much prep as you can prior to getting your kit and then when you get it, you can practice the recipes. You shouldn't need to practice them more than once. Doing it on the 6th gives you more time to get bookings in so that you can maximize your new consultant rewards!! Trust me, take advantage of this! It's awesome to earn all those PC bucks! The more the merrier!! I earned quite a bit in my first 90 days but I fell about $500 in sales short of getting another $150 in PC bucks. If I could have just gotten in one more show.....(I actually had one scheduled the weekend before the end of my 90 days but she cancelled when I was walking out the door to go to her house!)

I just realized double incentive points starts on the 13th...should that influence my decision?

Also, since I signed in Dec., I get an extra 30 days (so I get 60 and 120 days). So, the pressure to start on the 6th is not as much, b/c I have extra days. And I have 4 other shows lined up for Jan, starting on the 14th.

:confused:

The pressure should still be there because you want to earn as much as you can!!! What might help is if you go through the catalog and circle everything you want, then add up the price and take 20% off - see how much you need to earn in order to get it all for free.January is essential!!! If you have a strong January, you will not feel like you are playing catch up all year long - trust me, I know from experience! January is pretty cool - if you hold and submit $3000 in sales you will get a bonus 1500 points. If you hold and submit $6000 in sales, you will get a bonus 3000 points. Let's say you have your show on the 6th and it is $1000 with 5 bookings for January. You get: 1. the tablecloth (which probably will not be for sale EVER), 2. more time to book more January shows, 3. more of a possibility to hit $3000 or even $6000 in January.Okay, let's really run the numbers. For example - January 6th $1000 show with 5 January bookings which all turn out to be held January 13 or after, submitted by January 31 and each at $1000. Here's what you get:1. tablecloth
2. $1500 commission
3. 6000 regular trip points
4. 3000 bonus trip points
5. 5000 trip points from double trip points
6. $100 PC from 4 shows
7. $400 PC from 4 $1250s
8. $100 PC from $5000 being submittedSounds good, eh? Not to mention, you get an extra $100 in free products from your show as do all your January hosts!

stick with the 6th...The people you phone to personally invite are the people who will come to your Open House. When I did my Open House/Mystery Host in December, the invitations that I passed out and mailed were a total waste of time!

Here's my flyer - what do you think? Anything need to be changed??
(besides the date, if I do decide to change it). It will be printed on this cute snowflake paper. I did a sample - so cute!!

Attachments

• Grand Opening c.doc
    39 KB · Views: 534
cmdtrgd said:
The pressure should still be there because you want to earn as much as you can!!! What might help is if you go through the catalog and circle everything you want, then add up the price and take 20% off - see how much you need to earn in order to get it all for free.

January is essential!!! If you have a strong January, you will not feel like you are playing catch up all year long - trust me, I know from experience! January is pretty cool - if you hold and submit $3000 in sales you will get a bonus 1500 points. If you hold and submit $6000 in sales, you will get a bonus 3000 points. Let's say you have your show on the 6th and it is $1000 with 5 bookings for January. You get: 1. the tablecloth (which probably will not be for sale EVER), 2. more time to book more January shows, 3. more of a possibility to hit $3000 or even $6000 in January.

Okay, let's really run the numbers. For example - January 6th $1000 show with 5 January bookings which all turn out to be held January 13 or after, submitted by January 31 and each at $1000. Here's what you get:

1. tablecloth
2. $1500 commission
3. 6000 regular trip points
4. 3000 bonus trip points
5. 5000 trip points from double trip points
6. $100 PC from 4 shows
7. $400 PC from 4 $1250s
8. $100 PC from $5000 being submitted

Sounds good, eh? Not to mention, you get an extra $100 in free products from your show as do all your January hosts!

I didn't mean no pressure - I just meant I still had time to rock it in my first 60 days. I have a huge fire under me...just worried I'll have low attendance due to it being so close to when I'm getting it in the mail. I have 40 invites to mail, plus flyers for my DH to give out at his work to the ladies (who love him, so hopefully they'll decide to come).

I think I can get them in the mail this afternoon before the post office closes, and make phone calls tomorrow to my 40 people, plus the ones I don't have addresses for that I want to invite.

I just want to have high attendance (don't we all) and wondered what you thought.

What great sounding numbers - that would help show my DH that I am serious and I can do this and make some good money to help contribute to our income!

Your flyer is perfect, now get out their and post them. I agree with someone elses post here, my personal calls and reminder calls are what brought the guests, never my mail outs or emails. In this world of technology and junk mail, people appreciate the personal touch.
Lorna

What about your director? Do she have a show on the 6th? Maybe if she doesnt, She could come and let you use her kit (or some basic stuff) in case yours doesnt come in time..
PS i like the flyer

soinlove808 said:
What about your director? Do she have a show on the 6th? Maybe if she doesnt, She could come and let you use her kit (or some basic stuff) in case yours doesnt come in time..
PS i like the flyer

That's a good idea - I'll email her today and ask. If nothing else, maybe I can borrow the stuff to practice the recipe with (I like to dry run it once or twice). I was really hoping to get my stuff and use it in the kitchen a lot so that I can talk about my experiences with them. Right now they're shipping orders placed by the 21st, so my order (the 26th) may be a while...not the 5 usual days. :( Oh well...can't hold me down!! :chef:

After looking at that list, I saw stick with the 6th too! LOL
I'm always a play it safe kinda gal, but after that breakdown, GO FOR IT!

Alright Cheffers - off to print my flyers! :D (I'm so lucky that my DD took a much longer than usual morning nap! She's just now waking up after over 2 hours)

While she's playing, I'll stuff the envelopes (that I printed with the addresses this morning - again, lucky me!). Now that she's super mobile - I have to be in an "Emily proofed room" and my DH just junked up my office...so living room it is! After they're stuffed, we'll take a little trip to the post office to mail them - and tomorrow I'll make the calls to let everyone know about my grand opening show!!

Thanks so much everyone! And redsoxgirl - you're right, it was that breakdown that convinced me...b/c I was really leaning towards playing it safe... But I really, really, really would love to earn a trip my first year - how great would that be?? :D

I would definately stick with the 6th. You have plenty of time. And as mentioned before, take advantage of your team members and director if your kit doesn't come in time. You have nothing to lose if you hold it on the 6th, but ALL to gain! Just think: holding it on the 6th can boost bookings for more January shows and you know you have no ceiling as to what you can earn in a single month. And the more you earn, the higher that commission rate is! Stick with the 6th! And get to work!! :)

Thanks to you guys and your encouragment - I have printed 43 envelopes and flyers, folded them, stuffed the envelopes, licked 43 envelopes (yummy! :yuck: ), and now they are in the mail at the post office!

Now it's just time to really get rolling on the planning of the show! Yeah!!! :D

If my kit's not here...I know I can always borrow from my director or my cluster...but (fingers crossed) it will be here!!

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular cooking game show on the Food Network where contestants have to create dishes using surprise ingredients in a limited amount of time.

2. How do I become a contestant on "What Would You Do?"

If you are interested in becoming a contestant on "What Would You Do?", you can apply through the Food Network website or attend an open casting call. Keep in mind that the selection process is highly competitive and not all applicants will be chosen.

3. Can I watch "What Would You Do?" without cable?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is available for streaming on the Food Network website and app. You can also purchase individual episodes or full seasons on platforms like Amazon Prime Video or iTunes.

4. How are the surprise ingredients chosen for each episode?

The surprise ingredients are chosen by the show's producers and culinary team. They aim to provide a variety of ingredients and challenge the contestants' creativity and cooking skills.

5. Are the contestants on "What Would You Do?" professional chefs?

No, the contestants on "What Would You Do?" are not required to be professional chefs. They come from various backgrounds and have a passion for cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommylove_07
  • tdixon