• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Cancel My Fall Open House (Again) Due to Hurricane Threat?

Wow, that sounds really bad. I hope you are safe and that the worst is over for you. Stay tuned for more updates.I would stay away from there. It sounds like it will be a long, hard road to recovery.
gingertannery
Gold Member
Or it should be titled... If you want rain call me!!! My first "open House" was weeks ago.. And with a hurricane coming our way.. so I cancelled it!! I re-scheduled it for Sept 11. And guess what?? Another hurricane is coming our way. Now the first one hit Louisiana.. and I am so sorry for that.. This one is headed our way.. and could hit elsewhere.. but is again headed our way. So I don't know if I should cancel... I would be glad to re-schedule at your house.. if you need some rain!!! Just let me know... LOL I guess I will wait another day or so to decide for sure.. but should I cancel again?? The hurricane should hit Friday sometime. The open house is Thursday. Good grief!!

washington has finally got some nice weather after a rainy summer.
so please - stay away from here for september ;)

good luck on your open house. keep us posted.

Tough call, Ginger. I don't know what to tell you. Hope someone's a better help then me! :rolleyes: Good luck.....

That is a tough call not living in the Hurricane area I don't know. I do know this Hurricane season has been rather busy, and it don't look like it will let up any time soon. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

It has been over 90 for the majority hear in Brick Oven, California. If it rained, it would probably feel like a hot shower. But, I would accept any rain I can get, so bring it on!

I wouldn't cancel, Just because they say that Ike is coming doesn't mean that it will hit. I had a show cancel because of Hanna and the weather was beautiful!

Well, are you in an area that will have to evacuate if the hurricane hits? You could always call your guests and say, "It is still on unless we are being evacuated, in which I will reschedule it for..." or something to that affect. Good luck and I hope you don't get hit!

Last edited:
My last sat show cancelled because of Hanna it was not that bad, We did get 7 inches of rain but my host was nervous because when Isabel came through her basement was flooded, hold on as along as you can things can always change!

Wow that is a tough call. I think I would do like Shawna said and just cancel if you have to evacuate.

We could use some rain up here in NE Indiana. We have only gotten .11 inches of rain at my house in the past 7 weeks!

Well, Ike is still teattering.. Still don't know if he is coming or going more towards Corpus Christi. Open House is still scheduled at this point. Thanks for all the info and input. I'll make a final decision tomorrow night. Could have a hurricane party!!! LOL Looks like we'll get hit at least a little.

thecougchef said:
washington has finally got some nice weather after a rainy summer.
so please - stay away from here for september ;)

good luck on your open house. keep us posted.

Not all of Washington gets that much rain!!! Us.. over here in the center get heat waves of 105 with no rain in sight for weeks! LOL!!!

Well...cancelled the open house and I am going to higher ground. This guy is a monster. I'll be back around Sunday or Monday... Good Luck everyone else in Texas and in Ike's way... Thanks for the info!!

Stay safe, Ginger!

Well I hope and pray that all will turn out fine and it will calm down before it's arrival. I would hate to live in Hurricane Alley. Here in MO we have tornados and never know until maybe minutes ahead of one is in our area. But we get the tornados from the hurricanes.

I am so sick of rainy weather. That is all that we have had this summer. Our areas have had lots of flood damage this season.

OK.. Hello everyone!! Evacuated to Nacogdoches 165 miles inland. We were hit with hurricane force winds there too.. but it was manageable and a low cat 1 wind. Many trees down there. Sat on the porch (protected porch) and watched a lot of the storm. Moved inside when it got bad. The town is demolished (165 miles inland). Came home today. It is bad out there. Lots of trees down and a few on houses. Galveston is forever changed. Many houses are gone... many more will have to come down. Crystal beach (a town west of Galveston) houses are mostly gone.. washed away. Looks like nothing left there. My house is good. We had to build to code ...which will withstand a cat 3 hurricane. Lost many trees (lot is 5 acres) But that will clean up. Many of the smaller towns between Nacogdoches and Houston are smashed. Please pray for them and their families. A lot of healing must take place. Many businesses had trees on them or roofs peeled back. Outside of Houston it was hard to find anything without substantial damage. Houston sustained damage .. but looks pretty good. Thanks to the building codes. I know there are lots of places with problems I could not see. But overall it looks better than the smaller towns.
Thank you for all your comments and well wishes....please pray for all those in need in Texas.. it will take a long time to recover from this hurricane.

1. Can I cancel my Fall Open House #2 event?

Yes, you can cancel your Fall Open House #2 event. However, please note that any promotional materials or products that have already been ordered and shipped cannot be refunded.

2. What is the deadline for canceling my Fall Open House #2 event?

The deadline for canceling your Fall Open House #2 event is one week before the scheduled date. This allows us enough time to make adjustments to our inventory and promotional materials.

3. Will I receive a refund if I cancel my Fall Open House #2 event?

If you cancel your Fall Open House #2 event before the deadline, you will receive a full refund. However, if you cancel after the deadline, you will not receive a refund for any promotional materials or products that have already been ordered and shipped.

4. Can I reschedule my Fall Open House #2 event instead of canceling?

Yes, if you need to change the date of your Fall Open House #2 event, please contact us as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that this is subject to availability.

5. How do I cancel my Fall Open House #2 event?

To cancel your Fall Open House #2 event, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team. They will assist you with the cancellation process and answer any additional questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shell Northway