• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success: Tips for Planning a Successful Open House in Your Town

In summary, two consultants have scheduled an open house in their town to promote their businesses. However, they have discovered that another PC open house has been booked at the same hotel two weeks before theirs. They are considering whether to continue with their plans or postpone the event. One consultant has asked a coworker to be the host and they have come up with the idea of turning the event into a larger show with more hosts and a guest speaker. The idea of combining the PC show with information empowering women is well received and they have decided to move forward with their plans. They will be sending out invitations and finishing their marketing efforts. The idea of a guest speaker was inspired by Belinda Ellsworth and has proven successful in the past.
Soozeeq
Okay... here is the story. Another consultant and I have scheduled an open house in our town to get our businesses going again. We have reserved a conference room in a local hotel and have put up flyers. We have just about finished our food ideas and decorating plans when we were slapped in the face. To quote Madea...."well what had happened was"...someone booked a PC open house in the same hotel 2 weeks before ours. We are trying to decided whether to go ahead with our plans or put if off for a month or so. We don't want to go to too much expense and not have anyone show. Got any ideas? I have asked a co-worker if she would like to be the host of the open house. My thought was that she would be inviting her friends and family and then we would invite all of our past hosts and customers. We could actually try to turn it into a mega show and get a couple of more hosts to join in to make it bigger. What do you all think? I am open to any and all suggestions. Should we just cancel and cut bait or push forward and do it up right?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Susan

I would still continue to do what you are planning. You have some great ideas, and who knows, maybe some will be able to make your event that couldn't make the other.

I know someone suggested to have a guest speaker for something like Women's Safety or some other issue and you guys would present it and then cover information about your business.

Wow AJ that's a great idea. If the show is in May, wouldn't it be great if you could get a speaker about breast cancer awareness!

I love the idea of combining a PC show with information that empowers women to take charge of their health and well being. We are so busy taking care of everyone else that reminders that we are important too are really helpful.

Thanks! That is a great idea. I think we will just keep moving forward. I am going to start sending out my invitations and finish putting up my flyers. I am now very excited about the open house. Thanks for bring up my spirits!

Susan

HTH! I got the idea from Belinda Ellsworth. They would periodically host events like this, sometimes charging $5 for a light breakfast and covering the room. People would come and see the speaker and they they would talk a little about their business, hosting and the opp.

Have fun!

What is an open house?

An open house is an event where you invite people to your home or a designated location to showcase and sell products. It's a great way to introduce people to your business and products, and to potentially make sales and gain new customers.

How do I plan a successful open house?

To plan a successful open house, you should start by setting a date and time that works for you and your potential guests. Then, create a guest list and send out invitations. You should also prepare your space and products, offer incentives or promotions, and make sure to follow up with your guests after the event.

What should I include in my invitations?

Your invitations should include the date, time, and location of the open house, as well as a brief description of what guests can expect, such as product demonstrations, samples, and special offers. You should also include contact information for RSVPs and any other important details.

How can I promote my open house in my town?

To promote your open house in your town, you can use social media, such as creating a Facebook event and sharing it with your friends and followers. You can also use traditional methods like handing out flyers, posting on community boards, and reaching out to local businesses to spread the word.

What are some tips for maximizing success at an open house?

Here are a few tips for maximizing success at your open house:

• Offer promotions or incentives to encourage guests to make purchases
  • Provide refreshments or snacks to make guests feel welcome
  • Engage with your guests and demonstrate your products
  • Collect contact information for follow-up and potential future sales
  • Thank your guests for coming and ask for feedback to improve future events

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD