• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snow Concerning a Teacher: Will I Make My Flight?

In summary, the weather is uncertain but most likely there will be snow next Saturday and Sunday. Schools will be delayed for the snow, but it is not certain if this will happen statewide or only in certain areas.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
Hey everyone! I don't post very much, but keep up with you guys quite often. I just checked accuweather.com and they are showing snow next Saturday and Sunday. I'm supposed to be shuttling back to Columbus on Saturday with a 6am flight on Sunday morning. Now where I live in VA, we close schools if there is a chance of snow (really, it's happened before) so snow concerns me :) For all of you who live up north...should I be concerned??? I'm a teacher, so I need to see if I should be leaving tentative sub plans for Monday (when it's also supposed to be snowing in Columbus). Thanks for all of your northen input!!

I would go ahead and make plans because you never know what the weather will look like.

iteachurkid said:
Hey everyone! I don't post very much, but keep up with you guys quite often. I just checked accuweather.com and they are showing snow next Saturday and Sunday. I'm supposed to be shuttling back to Columbus on Saturday with a 6am flight on Sunday morning. Now where I live in VA, we close schools if there is a chance of snow (really, it's happened before) so snow concerns me :) For all of you who live up north...should I be concerned??? I'm a teacher, so I need to see if I should be leaving tentative sub plans for Monday (when it's also supposed to be snowing in Columbus). Thanks for all of your northen input!!

HEY! I am in Chesterfield!!! I am flying in and out of Dayton, so I was a little insecure about what MIGHT happen...I would hate to think that an area that gets way more snow than we do would shut down like that, but who knows? Better safe than sorry!

Who are you and who are you with?? Oooooh, that sounds ominous, but I am just being noseyto see if we know each other or folks in common!

I live over near the Richmond Airport and teach in Mechanicsville. I'm really concerned, becuase I hate being out and about in bad weather, much less flying in it...oh well, I'll be fine :) My name is Jennifer Ailstock. My upline executive is Theresa Jennings and my director is Erika Glass. How cool that we are so close :) I'm sure we know someone in common. Have a great evening!! Stay Warm!!!

It takes a lot to shut down around hereI live just over the Ohio boarder into PA. We are lucky this year so far, not that much snow. I am about 1 1/2 hours away from Cleaveland and it has to be a blizzard and really, really cold to shut us down around here. For schools they just put them on 2 hour delays, until the plows go through. About 7(?) yrs. ago we got 3 feet over night! Nothing was moving then!:yuck:
Deanna

Hi Guys! I live about an hour from Cinci in OH and I don't know what the weather will bring NEXT weekend because the joke is here that we can have 3 seasons in 2 days! But I don't really think they will shut down airports for a small amount of snow. It is actually supposed to warm up here (almost 60! for a large part of next week). I can't wait till Leadership!

chefliz said:
Hi Guys! I live about an hour from Cinci in OH and I don't know what the weather will bring NEXT weekend because the joke is here that we can have 3 seasons in 2 days! But I don't really think they will shut down airports for a small amount of snow. It is actually supposed to warm up here (almost 60! for a large part of next week). I can't wait till Leadership!

I'll second that!! Gotta love the Ohio Valley:)

Related to Snow Concerning a Teacher: Will I Make My Flight?

1. How can I ensure that I make my flight as a teacher during winter weather?

As a teacher, it's important to plan ahead when traveling during winter weather. Here are a few tips to help ensure you make your flight:

• Check the weather forecast for your departure and arrival cities
  • Book a flight with a longer layover time to account for potential delays
  • Consider purchasing travel insurance in case of cancellations or delays
  • Stay updated on any flight delays or cancellations through the airline's website or app

2. Can I request a refund or change my flight if there is a snowstorm?

It is always best to check with your airline's specific policies regarding refunds or flight changes due to weather. Some airlines may offer refunds or allow flight changes without fees in the case of severe weather conditions. However, it is important to note that airlines are not responsible for weather-related delays or cancellations.

3. What should I do if my flight is delayed or cancelled due to snow?

If your flight is delayed or cancelled due to snow, the first step is to contact your airline for assistance. They may be able to rebook you on a different flight or provide accommodations for the night if necessary. It's also a good idea to stay updated on the status of your flight through the airline's website or app.

4. Are there any precautions I should take when traveling during winter weather as a teacher?

When traveling during winter weather, it's important to pack warm clothing and proper footwear in case of delays or cancellations. It's also a good idea to bring extra snacks and water in case of long wait times. Additionally, make sure to have a backup plan in case of flight cancellations, such as alternative transportation or accommodations.

5. Will my school reimburse me for any extra expenses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations?

It is best to check with your school's policies regarding reimbursement for travel expenses. Some schools may reimburse for flight changes or extra expenses incurred due to weather-related delays or cancellations. It's important to keep all receipts and documentation for any expenses in case you need to provide proof for reimbursement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy