• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snoring Solution: Breath Right Strips Work Wonders!

In summary, the conversation was mainly about snoring and people's experiences with it. Some people mentioned using Breath Right Strips to help with snoring, while others shared their frustrations with snoring roommates or partners. One person's husband has a sleep disorder that causes him to snore loudly, while another person's husband used to snore until they quit smoking. The conversation also touched on the medical condition of sleep apnea and how it can contribute to snoring. Spelling and grammar were also mentioned, with one person jokingly asking for a proofreader for their college papers.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Those Breath Right Strips do work pretty well!

Anyone who feels it necessary to sleep every night, you may want to stock up! Just slip it on the person's nose after they out themselves as a snorer!

Oh, I should send an emial to my roomies and find out if any of them snore....that is one HUGE pet peeve of mine! I cannot stand to be woken-up by a snorer.

My ex was a snorer, I used to complain to him about it and his reply was yeah, but at least I don't snore really loud......hello....snoring is snoring no matter how loud it is.....

OMG...my father was (and still is) a wicked snorer...then my ex was so bad, I had to sleep elsewhere. Unfortunately...as I have gotten older and more flabby...I snore terrible!!! I will have to get breathright strips and also some ear plugs for my roomies. If someone sees a woman in the hallway of the Palmer house snoring....you know my roomies kicked me out!!!:eek:

I will be the culprit in my room.... got the BR strips packed. Director is bringing ear plugs for all!

I'm not sure if I snore 'cause my hubby always falls asleep first! He snores so loud, I am now used to sleeping with the pillow wrapped around my head like ear muffs! I hope I don't snore! I've tries the BR strips for my DH but nothing stops the sound of sawing wood in his case. :0)

My husband snores SOOO loud he can be heard all through the house WITH the door shut! It's awful. And I'm a really light sleeper. We've only been married 2 years but I have BEGGED him and he's finally seeing someone about it. He has an appointment to have a sleep study done in a couple weeks. Oh, I can't wait. I hope they can help him because I'm REALLY sick of sleeping on the couch.

OMG.... My Husband also snores sooo loud scares me a lot of times because he is sleep ackmeia...I really hope my roomies aren't snorers this year!!!! I can't sleep oh well !!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
OMG.... My Husband also snores sooo loud scares me a lot of times because he is sleep ackmeia...I really hope my roomies aren't snorers this year!!!! I can't sleep oh well !!!

Oh, I soooo needed a laugh, kids have been crazy since I've picked them up...

ackmeia - sounds like he hacks while he snores...I think it is apnea (meaning a pause in the external breathing)...we all have it but at various levels - it basically is holding your breath. During sleeping though, many peoples' airways don't stay open properly and they stop breathing briefly then sometimes snore to suck in the oxygen to make up for it. Quite scary I think on the bad cases!!!! I hope your hubby has something to help that...

Forgive me chuckling and correcting your spelling please. I'm the "grammar/spelling nazi" in my household! Hubby is a HORRIBLE speller, but as sharp as can be.

My husband used to snore real bad until we quit smoking. He used to wake me up all the time, then I would kick him and roll him over and he would stop so I could get back to sleep. I was cranky sooo much.

Last year at conference one of our roomies snored 10 times worse than my dh ever did. We shared one of the beds and it didn't matter how many times I elbowed her, she just couldn't stop. It's kind of funny now, but it sure wasn't back then.

janetupnorth said:
Oh, I soooo needed a laugh, kids have been crazy since I've picked them up...

ackmeia - sounds like he hacks while he snores...I think it is apnea (meaning a pause in the external breathing)...we all have it but at various levels - it basically is holding your breath. During sleeping though, many peoples' airways don't stay open properly and they stop breathing briefly then sometimes snore to suck in the oxygen to make up for it. Quite scary I think on the bad cases!!!! I hope your hubby has something to help that...

Forgive me chuckling and correcting your spelling please. I'm the "grammar/spelling nazi" in my household! Hubby is a HORRIBLE speller, but as sharp as can be.

Do you want to be my official proof reader for my college papers.?? LOL!!! Oh well he doesn't' have a horrible case of like his father does..... then again he doesn't' have the heart condition that his dad does either... but on the other hand he does have TBI ( Traumatic Brain Injury) His short term memory is fired!!! Due to a horrible car accident 10 years ago... the tree almost won that one...

Whenever my DH has the snores at night, I kick or elbow him to a different position and usually that stops it!

I have to do the same thing to my DH as well!!

But the snorer can't help it. :( Elbow them all you want they've got to breath.

For me the BR never worked. I do not have a cute little caucasion nose so they don't fit right. I've bought all sizes. However, I did just have nasal surgery done and my husband says that they snoring has diminished quite a bit. I still snore, but not as loudly. That is good because it embarrasses me. I definitely disclose BEFORE we choose roommates in case someone just truly can't stand it.

Those sleep studies do wondersI not only used to snore really bad but, while sitting in my doctors office one morning, I fell a sleep. Now, I apparently was snoring so loud that the nurse brought him out to listen to me. They scheduled a sleep study and found that I was averaging 7 minutes of true sleep per hour. Can you imagine getting only 56 minutes worht of sleep in and 8 hour night!
It was so bad that I went to my folks place for Thanksgiving the prior November. It's an hour drive. Pat did not go with me that year. I stopped at a rest area becasue I had too. When I was done, I got back in the car, fastened the seat belt, started the car and don't remember anything for about two hours. That was before I had a cell phone. Needless to say, everyone was scared silly because no one knew where I was. I fell asleep at work, at home, anywhere actually anytime.
I got my CPAP machine and wow what a difference.
I can sleep about 6 hours and get through an entire day from 5 a.m. to about 11 p.m. or further if need be without nodding off at all!
There is a surgical alternative too but I wasn't that desperate!
The funny too is that my cat can sleep on me without worring. I sleep on my back and rarely move. Deep sleep means less movement in bed to. So if your SO snores and you are black and blue in the mornings, get them into a sleep study!

pampered1224 said:
I not only used to snore really bad but, while sitting in my doctors office one morning, I fell a sleep. Now, I apparently was snoring so loud that the nurse brought him out to listen to me. They scheduled a sleep study and found that I was averaging 7 minutes of true sleep per hour. Can you imagine getting only 56 minutes worht of sleep in and 8 hour night!
It was so bad that I went to my folks place for Thanksgiving the prior November. It's an hour drive. Pat did not go with me that year. I stopped at a rest area becasue I had too. When I was done, I got back in the car, fastened the seat belt, started the car and don't remember anything for about two hours. That was before I had a cell phone. Needless to say, everyone was scared silly because no one knew where I was. I fell asleep at work, at home, anywhere actually anytime.
I can sleep about 6 hours and get through an entire day from 5 a.m. to about 11 p.m. or further if need be without nodding off at all!
The funny too is that my cat can sleep on me without worring. I sleep on my back and rarely move. Deep sleep means less movement in bed to. So if your SO snores and you are black and blue in the mornings, get them into a sleep study!

The Doc already told my husband this is what they suspect he will need. But, I know my hubby... I hope he doesn't decide it's too much bother to actually use. I know he can't help that he snores but, if nothing else, I wish he'd do it for my sake. I have Fibromyalgia and I REALLY, REALLY need good sleep at night to feel good physically! There are truly nights when I'm on the verge of a temper tantrum while he's snoring away because I SOOOO want some good sleep. Mind you, at the same time, watching him wake himself up over and over because he can't get any air is a bit alarming too. And I've tried all the nudging, hitting, kicking, begging, pleading, everything....that works for about 5 seconds then he starts right back up so I end up only sleeping very short spurts through the night.

My mom has her CPAP also. A friend of hers just lost her husband. He was scheduled for the test in two weeks! Pretty scary!

My hubby said the doc explained all the potential health risks of sleep apnea. DH has had high blood pressure off and on for years and he's only 36. This may explain why.

pampered1224 said:
I not only used to snore really bad but, while sitting in my doctors office one morning, I fell a sleep. Now, I apparently was snoring so loud that the nurse brought him out to listen to me. They scheduled a sleep study and found that I was averaging 7 minutes of true sleep per hour. Can you imagine getting only 56 minutes worht of sleep in and 8 hour night!

I think I need to do this too. I am only sleeping about 3 hours at a time. EVERY morning after I am up for just an hour or so, I have to go back for a nap because I couldn't even drive to work without falling asleep. Being the boss...I don't have to keep rigid time but everyone thinks I am sleeping in....I am just trying to function. I am sure they will tell me to lose weight so I figure why wast the time and money?

Wow! Some of you have pretty severe sleep issues. Since having our 4th child I find myself waking up frequently in the night. Can't get comfortable or just wake up feeling "refreshed" at 2am. If I stay up and try to get things done then I'm wiped by 11am. That's no good with littles ones about.

My BIL has apnea really bad. He snores extremely loud as well. He had a sleep study done, but hasn't followed up with treatment. My SIL, his wife, says she gets scared because several minutes will pass before he takes a breath. Then when he does he's gasping and hacking.

Tbi And Short Term Memory...
mommyhugz1978 said:
Do you want to be my official proof reader for my college papers.?? LOL!!! Oh well he doesn't' have a horrible case of like his father does..... then again he doesn't' have the heart condition that his dad does either... but on the other hand he does have TBI ( Traumatic Brain Injury) His short term memory is fired!!! Due to a horrible car accident 10 years ago... the tree almost won that one...

My car accident, other car ran stop sign doing about 80 MPH and hit my car was over 25 yrs ago and my short term memory is still affected :( To look at me you can't tell.!!

Liz

not a Dr. but...
baychef said:
I think I need to do this too. I am only sleeping about 3 hours at a time. EVERY morning after I am up for just an hour or so, I have to go back for a nap because I couldn't even drive to work without falling asleep. Being the boss...I don't have to keep rigid time but everyone thinks I am sleeping in....I am just trying to function. I am sure they will tell me to lose weight so I figure why wast the time and money?

Sounds like you could have Narcolepsy.

lizcooks4u said:
Sounds like you could have Narcolepsy.

Not so sure....I was like this after my son was born for almost a year and it was simply exhaustion. I would fall asleep at a red light. It was crazy. But you should check into it. Exhaustion or lack of sleep effects the body in more ways than most of us realize.

Well, at 5 am this morning I woke up with a telephone call waking me up (after a whopping 3 hours of sleep). It was some moron that must have been at a local hotel thinking he had security. He was reporting that someone was by the golf carts making noise. I have half a mind calling him back in another hour asking him if he was able to sleep yet!?!?!:mad:

Related to Snoring Solution: Breath Right Strips Work Wonders!

1. How do Breath Right Strips work?

Breath Right Strips work by gently lifting and opening the nasal passages, allowing for easier and more efficient breathing. This can help reduce or eliminate snoring caused by nasal congestion.

2. Are Breath Right Strips safe to use?

Yes, Breath Right Strips are safe to use and have been clinically proven to be effective in reducing snoring. However, it is always recommended to consult with a doctor before trying any new sleep aid.

3. Can Breath Right Strips help with sleep apnea?

Breath Right Strips are not designed to treat sleep apnea, which is a serious medical condition. It is important to consult with a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea.

4. How long do Breath Right Strips last?

Each Breath Right Strip is designed to be worn for one night. They should be removed gently in the morning and disposed of. Do not reuse a strip as it may lose its effectiveness.

5. Can Breath Right Strips be used with a CPAP machine?

Breath Right Strips can be used in conjunction with a CPAP machine, but it is important to consult with a doctor for proper use and to ensure the best treatment for sleep apnea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
its_me_susan
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila