• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Allergy Miseries: Tips and Advice from Nurses

In summary, Kacey is allergic to everything and is miserable this year. She has been using Nasonex and Clarinex to try to control her symptoms, but her eyes are still itchy and dry and she cannot take steriods. She has also tried a salt water flush and Allerest eye drop.
My bf has really bad food allergies. He is currently deployed and went to a basic diet of chicken and rice and basic cereal. He is trying to figure out what he is allergic to b/c he doesn't want the reactions while he is deployed. He can't take a sick day b/c he is swollen. When I talk swollen, I mean...Simpsons face. He gets a HUGE lip that sometimes covers his nostrils or his foot or hand or arm will get swollen. When he gets home we plan to go see the chiropractor, (strange I know) that does blood allergy tests vs needle prick tests and see what they can come up with. From what we have learned of this they take 5-6 viles of blood and test it for everything under the sun and can tell you on a scale of 1-10 how allergic you are to something. He has had the needle prick allergy tests on his back and arm twice and he will not eat those foods, but will still get a reaction. It is very frustrating for him, as I am sure it is for anyone.
I wish you the best of luck with your allergies. I know they can be so tough to deal with as you can't plan your life b/c you never know how you will be feeling. Or in my bf's case, what you will look like.

pampered.chris said:
My bf has really bad food allergies. He is currently deployed and went to a basic diet of chicken and rice and basic cereal. He is trying to figure out what he is allergic to b/c he doesn't want the reactions while he is deployed. He can't take a sick day b/c he is swollen. When I talk swollen, I mean...Simpsons face. He gets a HUGE lip that sometimes covers his nostrils or his foot or hand or arm will get swollen. When he gets home we plan to go see the chiropractor, (strange I know) that does blood allergy tests vs needle prick tests and see what they can come up with. From what we have learned of this they take 5-6 viles of blood and test it for everything under the sun and can tell you on a scale of 1-10 how allergic you are to something. He has had the needle prick allergy tests on his back and arm twice and he will not eat those foods, but will still get a reaction. It is very frustrating for him, as I am sure it is for anyone.
I wish you the best of luck with your allergies. I know they can be so tough to deal with as you can't plan your life b/c you never know how you will be feeling. Or in my bf's case, what you will look like.

I've heard of chiropractors putting a liquid form of the problem food under your tongue and having you raise your arm while lying down... they can tell what you are allergic to, but how weak it makes your body, or something like that. I learned it from my former massage lady. It was very interesting. It's almost like an extract of the food, like vanilla extract for example.

Best of luck to your BF! How are you doing by the way? You sound better in this post. :)

<h2>1. What are some common allergies that people suffer from?</h2><p>Some common allergies that people suffer from include grass, trees, pollen, ragweed, mold, smoke, and animal dander.</p><h2>2. How can I manage my allergy symptoms?</h2><p>You can manage your allergy symptoms by avoiding triggers, taking over-the-counter antihistamines, using nasal sprays, and keeping your home clean and free of allergens.</p><h2>3. What can I do if over-the-counter medications are not working?</h2><p>If over-the-counter medications are not working, you may need to see a doctor for prescription medications or allergy shots. It is important to follow up with your doctor to find the best treatment plan for your specific allergies.</p><h2>4. Can allergies affect hormone levels?</h2><p>Yes, allergies can affect hormone levels. Allergy medications can interfere with the absorption of hormone therapy, so it is important to discuss any potential interactions with your doctor.</p><h2>5. What can I do for severe eye allergy symptoms?</h2><p>If you are experiencing severe eye allergy symptoms, it is best to consult with a doctor. They may prescribe specific eye drops or other medications to help alleviate your symptoms. In the meantime, you can try using cold compresses, avoiding rubbing your eyes, and using lubricating eye drops to help ease the discomfort.</p>

1. What are some common allergies that people suffer from?

Some common allergies that people suffer from include grass, trees, pollen, ragweed, mold, smoke, and animal dander.

2. How can I manage my allergy symptoms?

You can manage your allergy symptoms by avoiding triggers, taking over-the-counter antihistamines, using nasal sprays, and keeping your home clean and free of allergens.

3. What can I do if over-the-counter medications are not working?

If over-the-counter medications are not working, you may need to see a doctor for prescription medications or allergy shots. It is important to follow up with your doctor to find the best treatment plan for your specific allergies.

4. Can allergies affect hormone levels?

Yes, allergies can affect hormone levels. Allergy medications can interfere with the absorption of hormone therapy, so it is important to discuss any potential interactions with your doctor.

5. What can I do for severe eye allergy symptoms?

If you are experiencing severe eye allergy symptoms, it is best to consult with a doctor. They may prescribe specific eye drops or other medications to help alleviate your symptoms. In the meantime, you can try using cold compresses, avoiding rubbing your eyes, and using lubricating eye drops to help ease the discomfort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies