• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Living with Asthma: My Journey and Prayers for Healing

In summary, an asthmatic woman was prescribed a nebulizer to help with her breathing problems. She started using it yesterday and had an attack soon after. Her husband was unsupportive and refused to take her to the ER. She drove herself there and was able to get treatment. asthma is not to be taken lightly, and can be a life-threatening disease.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok. SO i've been not able to breathe normally for several months. Doc has been treating me for acid reflux. I went to the allergist a few weeks ago in which he told me i was allergic to my dog and ragweed and everything outside. This week I have been feeling worse, so i called allergy doc and he ran some test to let me know I have asthma. I am so scared. He put me on 2 meds to use in a nebulizer and a round of steroids and a med to help open up my lungs. Well, i started taking it all yesterday and haven't really felt any better yet. I know it's too early to get better, but tonight was really bad. i used the nebulizer at my inlaws house and had an attack right afterwards. DH was very unsympothetic and refussed to drive me to the er. I drove myself and by the time I got there, my fast acting inhailer had finally kicked in. Mom met me up there and sat in the car with me while I cried for an hour. I have been struggling to breath for a year and they are hopefully going to help me now. I didn't end up going in the er b/c I felt better. I'm at home now buy the tops of my arms, tops of my legs and my right cheek under my eye feel funny. I think it's the nebulizer meds. I took it about 2 hours ago. Anyways, I just wanted to ask for yalls prayers that they get me straightened out. I really really want to get this under control. It's controlling my life and I don't want to keep worrying that I'm going to have an attack. Thank you for your prayers:cry:

What nebulizer are you using? I was on one & always felt like crying after I used it. Turns out that is a symptom of the medication...being very emotional after using it. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Asthma is not to be taken lightly. It takes awhile for the steroids to kick in & do their job. I feel your pain...it is extremely scary not to be able to breathe!! Best of luck to you. I'm sorry your DH isn't supportive. I hope that changes. Hang in there & don't be afraid to stick up for yourself. Asthma is so common that people don't realize how serious it is!

Bless your heart. I've had asthma since I was 10 years old and my daughter was diagnosed when she was 3. Hers is worse, like yours, and requires a nebulizer. The meds WILL make you shake, heart beat fast, can make your extremities feel "buzzy" or numb. But, the good news is, the more you use it, the more your body gets used to it and these feelings do lessen. However, the fast acting ones will almost always make you shake - that's sort what they are supposed to do. Keep up the regimine and give yourself time to get better. If your allergist hasn't talked to you about your peak flow chart, he/she needs to. This will help you avert major attacks by tracking your peak flow. Also, you need a plan for when you go from green, to yellow, to red - basically what you get from the peak flow chart. And you'll get better at recogninzing things that make it worse. Beware of cloudy/hazy days and right before it snows too. Those things always make it worse.
As for your husband, first, "allow" him to look up on the internet the seriousness of asthma. Asthma can kill. I know that's drastic, but it's the truth. It is a very serious disease not to be taken lightly. After he's done some research, perhaps he'll be more willing to listen when you are having problems. Pray that God will open his eyes to this.
Asthma can be controlled to an extent. Once your drs. get on the right program and you aren't having problems, you'll probably be on everyday meds to keep it at bay.
I wish you the best and if you need more info, I'd be happy to chat. Just pm me and I'll give you my number.

You'll be in my prayers.

I dealt with this for 2 years and did not know I had alergy induced Asthma. I was thrilled to find out I did not just have a cold all the time! Yes the Albuterol can make you verry jumpy and anxious. Give it a few days for the meds to kick in. For me after 24 hours on the prednisone I felt like a new woman and even though the Dr. said it could make me moody I was so happy I could breath!

So... let DH do some research. I know mine does no do well when I am in a panic.

Give it a few days... I think you will be feeling much better!

Tabatha~

I pray that the meds begin to work, so that you can feel less stress over worrying about an attack coming. I also pray that the Lord speaks to your DH's heart and helps him to understand how serious this is...and how much his support would mean to you, as well as how much it can help you.

My DSS used to have flareups every time he got sick when he was little, and I do remember the meds making him very moody and jumpy/jittery. I could see that even the little bit he was on them (as in, only when he was sick) that his body reacted less and less "violently" with each use.

I agree with showing your husband the info that asthma can be fatal
I have it (got it after 30) and my 3 kids have it, the oldest since he was 16 months the other 2 later in childhood.
It can be controlled watch for foods with nitrates (hot dogs, wine, etc), smoke, wood and cigarette, stress, extreme temperature changes can all be triggers it is different for everyone.We have a nebulizer machine at home that goes EVERYWHERE with us. even an overnight stay somewhere we take it.
My daughter takes albuterol pills in the morning, and a new twist inhaler plus a ventolin and atrovent inhaler for daily use. We also use ventolin syrup. Don't be surprised if they change your meds until they find one that works. We have great insurance but 1 brand of inhaler we use is $39 and i make sure I always have 3 1 for my car, 1 at home and 1 in my purse
One thing I've noticed they don't have as much "force" when pumped as they used tor so it doesn't seem to work as fast.Please continue to take it seriously. It is scary as an adult I am used to the side effects now but I always wonder how our little one felt after a dosage. Feel free to contact me if you want.Take care of yourself!

1. What inspired you to write "Living with Asthma: My Journey and Prayers for Healing"?

Living with asthma for many years and experiencing the challenges and struggles that come with it, I was inspired to share my personal journey and offer hope and encouragement to others who may be going through a similar experience.

2. How has your faith played a role in your journey with asthma?

My faith has been a constant source of strength and comfort throughout my journey with asthma. It has helped me to remain positive, find peace in difficult times, and trust in God's plan for my life.

3. Can you share any tips for managing asthma on a daily basis?

First and foremost, it is important to work closely with a healthcare professional to develop a personalized treatment plan. In addition, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, avoiding triggers, and always carrying your medication with you can help manage asthma symptoms on a daily basis.

4. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?

I hope readers will feel encouraged and inspired to never give up on their journey with asthma. I also hope to raise awareness and promote understanding of the challenges that individuals with asthma face.

5. Are there any resources or organizations that you recommend for those living with asthma?

Yes, there are many great resources and organizations available for those living with asthma, including the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and the American Lung Association. It is also helpful to connect with support groups and online communities for additional support and information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • KellyRedHead
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
tabnat80