• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Living with Fear: A Hypochondriact's Journey with Acid Reflux

In summary, the author is having anxiety about a procedure that is scheduled for Friday. The author quotes a life verse to help sustain them, and mentions that they miss a previous thread discussing their anxiety. The author has anxiety about the procedure, and says that the reason their acid has become worse is due to their eating habits. The author reports that their procedure went well, and that they are taking medication for their acid reflux.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Hey. I am having a light ran down my throat on Friday. I am really nervous and a slight hypochondriact. I have been having some issues where I feel as if I can't breathe, hours after I have eatten. I've been on 2 Aciphex for about 3 weeks and it's getting some better, but not quite there. I had a bad spell today and felt like I was going to die before I could get my breath again. I am scared to eat anything in fear that it will trigger an episode. My doctor feels this still has something to do with my acid reflux. I, being the hypochondriact that I am, am fearing the worse. I don't know why I'm like this. I believe in God and need to put all my faith in Him, but at the same time, I am so scared. I hate being alone with my son in fear that I will have an episode and not be able to catch my breath. It just scares me so much. Please pray that we'll get some answers on Friday so I can move on with my life and enjoy every minute with my little boy.

You have quoted my life verse and that sustains me daily! It is satan who is giving you this anxiety and not God. Ask God to bind satan from your mind. Whenever you feel anxious, say out loud, "Satan let me alone"! I know that sounds a little nuts but satan cannot read our minds so we must tell him out loud to go...and he must! God will hold you up. I know you are worried about being alone with your son like this. Do you have a few friends (or even one) that can call you every 1-2 hours to be sure you are okay? You are in my prayers!

I used to have pretty bad acid reflux. It was diagnosed when I kept feeling like I was being choked. It was a terrible feeling.

Funny, but I have not had a problem with it since I had my gallbladder removed about eight years ago.

Good luck on Friday.

I am so hungry. I normally don't eat breakfast but since I can't today, I'm starving and my throat is so dry. My procedure is at 10:30. Ugh. I really am dreading this. I dreamed about it all night. I just pray all goes well. :yuck:

This is my first visit in about a week, so it's the first I've seen your thread. I pray everything went well. Do you have any results yet?

I missed this thread before! I pray that your results are good! Let us know what they said!

Thanks you for your prayers;) Everything went well. The dr. didn't see anything concerning, just some acid. I've been on aciphex 2 x daily for about a month and it is helping, but still having some issues. Dr. wrote me a prescription for something else to try with it to get it under control. I really think the reason my acid has gotten so much worse it my eatting habbits. I really paid attention this past week to how I ate. I bet I don't sit 3 minutes before I'm up dealing with dh or ds, getting someone something, picking up the sippy from the floor, or the fork from the floor, yelling at the dog to quit begging, answering the phone, remembering to turn off the oven, lalalalala. I'm guessing situps during dinner are not a good thing for my acid:). Anyways, thanks again.

Related to Living with Fear: A Hypochondriact's Journey with Acid Reflux

1. What is the book "Living with Fear" about?

The book "Living with Fear" is a personal account of a hypochondriac's journey with acid reflux. It follows the author's experiences and struggles with anxiety and fear related to their health, specifically their acid reflux condition.

2. Who is the author of "Living with Fear"?

The author of "Living with Fear" is a self-proclaimed hypochondriac who has dealt with anxiety and acid reflux for many years. They have chosen to remain anonymous in order to protect their privacy.

3. Is "Living with Fear" a self-help book for acid reflux?

No, "Living with Fear" is not a self-help book. It is a personal memoir and does not provide medical advice or tips for managing acid reflux. It is simply the author's story and their journey with the condition.

4. What inspired the author to write "Living with Fear"?

The author was inspired to write "Living with Fear" because they wanted to share their experiences with others who may be going through similar struggles with hypochondria and acid reflux. They hope to bring awareness and understanding to these issues through their personal story.

5. Can "Living with Fear" be helpful for someone dealing with anxiety and acid reflux?

While "Living with Fear" is not a self-help book, it can provide comfort and support to those dealing with anxiety and acid reflux. The author's honest and relatable account may help others feel less alone in their struggles and provide insight into managing their own conditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • stefani2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tabnat80
Replies