• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of Breath So Easily? Pregnancy & Getting into Shape

In summary, Rae says that she is six weeks pregnant and out of shape, and she doesn't remember being out of breath so easily. She says that this is not her normal and that it is brought on easier. She also says that she was short of breath this entire pregnancy, including the first trimester. She says that her doctor told her to sit and relax and get something to drink with sugar in it like juice, and that she should check with her doctor if the short of breath feeling gets worse. Lisa says that she was short of breath this entire pregnancy, including the first trimester, and that she got a phone call from her doctor.
pckrissy said:
CONGRATS KELLY!! I am so happy for you. This is my second pregnancy and it is almost over!! 4 weeks left :) But I do remember being much more out of breath early this time then before (my other son is 4 1/2) and now of course being so close to the end I am winded all the time. I hope your pregnancy is healthy and smooth the rest of the way. Congrats again!
Thanks Krissy!

How is Directorship treating you? What plans do you have in action with having a baby and a toddler and keeping Director? I still want my goal to be Director...but DH wants to be sure that I am only doing about one show/meeting per week for about the first year. Plus, I can remember with nursing Evan that I couldn't even THINK about leaving him for 5 hours or I would BURST! (Sorry if TMI...)

I don't know why I didn't see this thread earlier. It probably got lost in the week's worth of threads I had to catch up on.Yes, KG is right, I like to remind people that round is a shape. Also, I always giggle a little when women say, "I don't remember this from my first (or last three) pregnancy. I can tell you why. First, every pregnancy is different. Second, if we really remembered everything about being pregnant, most of us wouldn't have more than one child. God gives us a wonderful amnesia when it comes to the less-than-wonderful parts of pregnancy. ;)

Congrats Kellyround... funny!

I too was surprised to see your preggers countdown pop up on your siggy. Congrats Kel!

My boy, my first pregnancy was so overwhelming to me, I had hypertension issues which I think were really blown out of proportion and yes I had breathing issues. Which really wasn't big to me because I have asthma and allergies so it was normal to me. I craved Taco Bell all the time and if I ate cinnamon I was nauseous the rest of the day. :yuck: I still cannot get him to eat cinnamon stuff.

My girl, the second pregnancy was pretty smooth sailing except for one bad cold in the middle but otherwise it was easy to deal with. I was a weebit nauseous in the first trimester but it never went past nauseousness. I craved red meat something fierce with her though and NO foods turned me off that I can think of. Felt bad for my hubby he'd suggest chicken for dinner and I was like, "Oooo lets have steak!" :love:

...anyway Congratulations again Kelly!

Last edited:
Congratulations Kelly. I know you must be so excited. I too had morning noon and night sickness for 9 months. Heck, I threw up on DH on the delivery table. TMI. So, I'm really not one to give you advice on the food thing, however, I did eat a good bit of cheese-it's in bed at night and still do even though I'm not pregnant. :). It's funny how our kids come out to have our appetite. I basically lived off of fruit for 9 months and now ds loves any and all kinds of fruit. Kinda ironic.

KellyTheChef said:
Thanks Krissy!

How is Directorship treating you? What plans do you have in action with having a baby and a toddler and keeping Director? I still want my goal to be Director...but DH wants to be sure that I am only doing about one show/meeting per week for about the first year. Plus, I can remember with nursing Evan that I couldn't even THINK about leaving him for 5 hours or I would BURST! (Sorry if TMI...)

Well, I am hoping for a very good baby!! LOL!! My husband is very supporative of my business and I am actually planning on leaving my PT job (2days a week at a Drs office) by the end of the year bc I want to do PC FT so I know I need to up my show schedule and of course keep recruiting.
Directorship is treating me well..I recommend it to everyone. The overrides and free products are great. This year I have had my highest sales in Jan & Feb..being pregnant I was afraid of it effecting my shows, I am just starting to slow up now. I have 2 cooking shows left on the calander and then some catty shows...my team is actually starting to kick butt with sales and shows so I am happy about that...I am planning a big HWC fundraiser for May, hopefully that will keep me where I need to be until I get back. I hope to start back doing shows by beginning of June....
I haven't decided if I am breast feeding or not, I didn't the first time but I'm thinking about it this time. I am planning to do 2 -3 shows a week, I am determined to earn Level 3 this year and go to Mexico..I have already earned Level 1 so I am focused to make it happen! I will definately need a vacation next year!!!
Good luck again with your pregancy and directorship...how close are you? Go for it, it is the best and it's all worth it. You can find a way to make it all work:)

I WANNA BE PREGNANT!!!!!!:sing: :sing: :cry:

I started my PC business about 2 months after having my DS. It was good to get out of the house, but stressful b/c he wouldn't take a bottle. That first show was rough, about half way through my milk dropped and I was like, Oh crap, did I wear breast pads tonight?!? LOL I had and it was fine, and it got better everytime after that. I'm still breastfeeding and he still doesn't like to take bottles, but luckily I have been able to feed him right before I walk out the door and he usually sticks it out until I walk back in!! Plus, I pump some.
I use my DS and DD as my inspiration to do well so I don't have to go back to any type of full-time work!!!
I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy and stay well!!! Good luck!:D

<h2>1. Why am I getting out of breath so easily during pregnancy?</h2><p>During pregnancy, your body goes through numerous changes to accommodate the growing baby. One of these changes is an increase in blood volume and heart rate, which can make you feel out of breath more easily.</p><h2>2. Is this normal for me to feel out of breath so early in my pregnancy?</h2><p>Yes, it is normal to experience shortness of breath during early pregnancy. As your body adjusts to the changes, your breathing may be affected. This should improve as your pregnancy progresses.</p><h2>3. I haven't gained any weight yet, so why am I still out of breath so easily?</h2><p>Weight gain is not the only factor that can affect your breathing during pregnancy. Your growing uterus and the hormonal changes in your body can also contribute to feeling out of breath.</p><h2>4. Can I do anything to improve my breathing during pregnancy?</h2><p>Yes, you can practice deep breathing exercises and try to maintain good posture to improve your breathing. Also, make sure to stay hydrated and avoid activities that make you feel excessively out of breath.</p><h2>5. When will the shortness of breath go away?</h2><p>For most women, shortness of breath improves in the second trimester as the uterus grows higher in the abdomen, giving the lungs more room to expand. However, it is common to experience shortness of breath throughout pregnancy, especially in the third trimester.</p>

1. Why am I getting out of breath so easily during pregnancy?

During pregnancy, your body goes through numerous changes to accommodate the growing baby. One of these changes is an increase in blood volume and heart rate, which can make you feel out of breath more easily.

2. Is this normal for me to feel out of breath so early in my pregnancy?

Yes, it is normal to experience shortness of breath during early pregnancy. As your body adjusts to the changes, your breathing may be affected. This should improve as your pregnancy progresses.

3. I haven't gained any weight yet, so why am I still out of breath so easily?

Weight gain is not the only factor that can affect your breathing during pregnancy. Your growing uterus and the hormonal changes in your body can also contribute to feeling out of breath.

4. Can I do anything to improve my breathing during pregnancy?

Yes, you can practice deep breathing exercises and try to maintain good posture to improve your breathing. Also, make sure to stay hydrated and avoid activities that make you feel excessively out of breath.

5. When will the shortness of breath go away?

For most women, shortness of breath improves in the second trimester as the uterus grows higher in the abdomen, giving the lungs more room to expand. However, it is common to experience shortness of breath throughout pregnancy, especially in the third trimester.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • emiscookin