• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, so Much for My High Hopes of Losing My Allergy to Grass

In summary, the author has been miserable since last week, when she spent 24 hours outdoors for Relay for Life. The pollen count is "moderate high" on Sunday, and that is when her next show is. Meanwhile, she can barely keep her eyes open to assemble guest packets and print specials. She is SCARED TO DEATH she will sneeze in the middle of her presentation, all over the food! Any tips, besides taking Benadryl on top of Zyrtec, are available?
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, so much for my high hopes of losing my allergy to grass pollen!

Since last week, when I spent 24 hours outdoors for Relay for Life, I have been miserable. Sneezing all morning, fading into itchy watery eyes by night.

Pollen count is "moderate high" on Sunday and that is when my next show is.

Meanwhile, I can barely keep my eyes open to assemble guest packets and print specials.

I am SCARED TO DEATH I will sneeze in the middle of my presentation, all over the food!

Any tips, besides taking Benadryl on top of Zyrtec?

So that is why my son and I have been miserable!! Poor kid doesn't want to take his meds because he hates how they make him feel...

I've been taking Tylenol Allergy-Sinus (severe formula) on top of Zrytec and mixed in with an occasional Benadryl. My eyes are the worst- thankfully the Zyrtec does help with the drippy nose but the sneezing and dry, itchy, painful eyes are beyond medicinal relief. :(

I'm tired all the time, too!

I swear by Allegra or Claritin - both dry up my nasty sneezies and sore throat without making me feel woozy.

dannyzmom said:
I swear by Allegra or Claritin - both dry up my nasty sneezies and sore throat without making me feel woozy.
I got migraines from both! :( If I could handle steriods (those are what caused most of my health issues) I'd take Flonase...but it's a steriod and I'm forbidden from taking anything with a steriod in it. Which is a bummer because let me tell you just how good I felt when I was on them!

Gesundheit...and ask your doctor for a prescription to Flonase...it works wonders when Claritin or Zyrtec doesn't fully do the job.

janetupnorth said:
Gesundheit...and ask your doctor for a prescription to Flonase...it works wonders when Claritin or Zyrtec doesn't fully do the job.
I wish I could take it!

And I was hoping that with Zyrtec over the counter, I wouldn't have to mess with prescriptions ...

Claritin has NEVER worked for me. A friend of mine loaned me Allergra once and even though I was on vacation (travel makes me sneeze more) I sneezed so much I swore I was allergic to Allegra!

Last year I was a medical guinea pig for some kind of experimental grass pollen allergy shot ... I am pretty sure they gave me the real stuff because while I had a serious attack a lot like this after the second dose in February, I was fine the rest of the season.

The good news is that I can OD on antihistamines and NOTHING makes me as tired as the allergies do ...

OH ... and if any of you have a Walgreens near you, they have their brand of Zyrtec $20 for 90 pills.

1. How can I use Pampered Chef products to make allergy-friendly meals?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and cookware that can make preparing allergy-friendly meals easier. Our mandoline slicer can quickly and safely slice fruits and vegetables for salads and side dishes. Our non-stick cookware is perfect for cooking without adding extra oils or fats. We also have a variety of allergen-free recipes on our website to help inspire your meal planning.

2. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with food allergies?

Yes, Pampered Chef has several products that can assist with food allergies. Our food chopper is great for quickly and easily chopping nuts, which can be a common allergen. Our garlic press can help avoid cross-contamination when preparing garlic, which can be a trigger for some allergies. And our microwave steamer allows for easy and safe cooking of allergen-free meals.

3. How can I keep my kitchen clean and allergen-free while using Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and cleaning easier. Our non-stick cookware is simple to clean and can help avoid cross-contamination. We also offer a variety of cleaning tools, such as our all-purpose kitchen scrub brush, that can help keep your kitchen clean and allergen-free.

4. Do you have any tips for avoiding allergens while cooking with Pampered Chef products?

One tip is to use separate cutting boards and utensils for preparing allergen-free meals. Our flexible cutting mats are perfect for this purpose. It is also important to thoroughly clean any Pampered Chef products after each use to avoid cross-contamination. And when cooking for someone with allergies, always double check ingredient lists and labels to ensure there are no hidden allergens.

5. Can Pampered Chef products be used to make allergy-friendly baked goods?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a variety of baking tools and products that can help make allergy-friendly baked goods. Our non-stick baking mats and pans make it easy to bake without added oils or fats. We also offer a gluten-free flour blend that can be used in place of traditional flour in many recipes. And our mix 'n chop tool is great for mixing and blending ingredients for allergen-free batters and doughs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
Back