• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Cookie Success: Tips for Making Delicious Treats in a 12' Pan

In summary, to prevent your skillet cookie from burning on the bottom, preheat your skillet on low to medium heat and use a heavy-bottomed skillet. Any type of cookie dough can be used for a skillet cookie, but adjust the baking time accordingly. The cookie is done when the center is slightly underdone and the edges are golden brown and crispy. It is not recommended to use a non-stick skillet for a skillet cookie. Toppings can be added, but be sure to press them into the dough before baking.
beepampered
Anyone ever make a cookie in the 12' skillet? Saw someone do a chocolate chip cookie and then put stuff on top. I made it and it turned out okay. Any advice?

I just got my 12" skillet and have not had the time to try any recipes but I have heard plenty of people here talk about it so soon you'll get your answer. Why was it not so great?

I think I cooked it too long so it was a bit crunch - I want soft like the grocery store kind. I also put Snickers on top and thought something else would be better - looking for suggestions. I'm attaching a file I got off this site that has some Family Skillet recipes you might find helpful.

Attachments

• FamilySkilletRecipes[1].doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 591
These are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing!

I love it! thanks for sharing! I was looking for something to make at Saturday's show.

I have made the chocolate chip skillet cookie twice now. I just make it at home and take it to my shows and talk about what I did. It has been a big hit. People are very impressed that our cookware goes in the oven.

This is a great recipe to showcase the cookware for pan-a-rama.

I used the Symphony candy bar. I always pull the cookie out 5 min. earlier than normal, just so I get the soft, chewy effect.

I still demo something else at the show, but this has been a great dessert.

It is so quick and easy.

Love it!!! :thumbup:

Tracy

Thanks for Sharing those are some yummie recipes!!!

I've done it in my Roasting Pan, great for a big crowd. Use 3 rolls of cookie dough. I usually do mini M&M's on top, especially around holidays like Easter, Christmas and Halloween.

1. How do I prevent my skillet cookie from burning on the bottom?

To prevent burning, make sure to preheat your skillet on low to medium heat before adding your cookie dough. Also, be sure to use a heavy-bottomed skillet to distribute heat evenly.

2. Can I use any type of cookie dough for a skillet cookie?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough for a skillet cookie. However, it is important to adjust the baking time accordingly depending on the type of dough used.

3. How do I know when my skillet cookie is done?

The center of the cookie should be slightly underdone when you remove it from the skillet, as it will continue to cook and set as it cools. The edges should also be golden brown and slightly crispy.

4. Can I make a skillet cookie in a non-stick skillet?

It is not recommended to make a skillet cookie in a non-stick skillet, as the non-stick coating can affect the texture and browning of the cookie. It is best to use a traditional cast iron or stainless steel skillet for best results.

5. Can I add toppings to my skillet cookie?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to your skillet cookie. Just be sure to press them gently into the dough before baking so they don't fall off when you remove the cookie from the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies