• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Single Parents - I Totally Feel Your Pain!

summarizing, DH has been traveling a lot lately and DS is about to drive him insane. This afternoon, DH didn't know if he should yell, cry, or have a drink. How on earth do y'all manage to hang on to your sanity and be good moms at the same time? DH will be home in about an hour and then off again in the morning. We won't see him until Thursday evening.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
DH has been traveling a lot lately (only been home about 4 nights in the last 3 weeks). DS is about to drive me insane! :cry: This afternoon I didn't know if I should yell, cry, or have a drink! (Don't fret - we met some friends at BK so I could have adult time and he could play) How on earth do ya'll manage to hang on to your sanity and be a good mom at the same time? DH will be home in about an hour then off again in the morning and we won't see him until Thusday evening (at least at that time it will be for a few days before he's off again). ugh! We're meeting him in FL and then we're going to give Disney World a huge chunk of change to enjoy the park :cool: .

I'm sorry it's been such a rough few days. My husband used to travel with his old job and I always dreaded it. It can be a bit overwhelming! I don't know how single moms do it. Especially since they usually work full time or more on top of being a single parent. I don't know how they do it all.

That's good you were able to go to BK. That helps a lot so that they can run out all of their energy. LOL I hope you have a great time at the park! My MIL is taking us in late May and we have a countdown calendar on the door. LOL The kids take turns checking off a day. I am so excited! I know y'all have a great time!
God bless,
Amanda

Sorry it's been rough Linda! I have been playing mommy the past two days. I have my sister's 8, 5 and 2 years old for four days all by myself. It's been going pretty good. Actually makes me want to have babies right now!

Sometimes I wonder how they do it and my husband it at home, haha!

I have friends that are single mom's and they say you just get use to it. That you adjust to what you have to do b/c you love your kids and have no other choice.

Just to add I'm staying at my sister's and went to see DH last night. The first thing he said when he looked at me was "Did you take a shower today?" I asked him when he thought I would have had time to take a shower and apparently I was also too busy to brush my teeth!

wadesgirl said:
Just to add I'm staying at my sister's and went to see DH last night. The first thing he said when he looked at me was "Did you take a shower today?" I asked him when he thought I would have had time to take a shower and apparently I was also too busy to brush my teeth!
that isn't unusual! Several times the past week I didn't have a shower until mid-afternoon! (I did manage to find time to brush my teeth though).

Yesterday I was exhausted. DS let me sleep-in. When I got up I saw a cereal bowl on the counter - DS had fixed his own breakfast! It was really cute, he told me that he wanted me to sleep so he fixed it himself and that he ate 2 bowls of cereal. I did feel a little guilty at that point, but also proud of him.

I grew up with a single mom and now that I have a daughter I often wonder how the h*ll she did it!!! I also have a brother who is 4.5 years younger than me. He was a terror growing up!!!! She say's now that she probably should have abused my brother when he was little:) She claims she's joking, but sometimes I wonder.....Single mother's are certainly special people who I have an enormous amount of respect for...

I guess it depends on the mom & the child(ren). I was a single mom for about 6 years. I went to school full time while working part time. Then worked full time during the summer. It is a little exhausting. Now I'm married & we have 4 kids together. It is difficult at times because he travels quite frequently which leaves the 4 kids (his 13 & 15 yr old boys, my 13 yr old boy & our 4 yr old girl) with me since we don't have family here. It is a pain to find somewhere for them to go for me to do my shows since it is usually last minute (few days prior) when he finds out he is leaving. Plus, he doesn't always know when he will get home. It is usually only 10-14 days at a time. Only once was it 30. However, we manage. Sometimes I am about to pull my hair out. Others I don't even know they are all here.

pamperedlinda said:
that isn't unusual! Several times the past week I didn't have a shower until mid-afternoon! (I did manage to find time to brush my teeth though).

Yesterday I was exhausted. DS let me sleep-in. When I got up I saw a cereal bowl on the counter - DS had fixed his own breakfast! It was really cute, he told me that he wanted me to sleep so he fixed it himself and that he ate 2 bowls of cereal. I did feel a little guilty at that point, but also proud of him.

What a cutie! He loves his mommy!

I tell DH the same thing (how do single parents do it?) all the time! There are many times when DH gets home, and I have to tell him to take over for a bit so I can catch my breath!

Hope you make it through till vacation! You sure will enjoy the break!

Single mom here...thanks for the kudos! It's a combination of knowing you have no other choice, building a support network, and, getting away from time to time....by doing Pampered Chef!

I'm single because I left an abusive marriage, so I often thank God that I am on my own and at peace, and that my DS is not growing up in a damging environment.

susanr613 said:
Single mom here...thanks for the kudos! It's a combination of knowing you have no other choice, building a support network, and, getting away from time to time....by doing Pampered Chef!

I'm single because I left an abusive marriage, so I often thank God that I am on my own and at peace, and that my DS is not growing up in a damging environment.
I told DH that he owes me big time after all of this! I need a day or three all by myself, someplace where nobody will talk to me....unless they want to know what I want!

I am also a single Mom...of two boys. Before the divorse...my ex would be gone for monthes (years) at a time with the military. So I do know how it is to lose your mind being around the kids all the time.

Just make sure you can have some time for your self...alway from the DK (darling kids) and that will help you maintain...and if you can maintain...the kids will cope better.

Linda - I feel your pain! DH was gone for 11 days recently. I had to take care of 2 kids, 2 dogs, the cat and our fish and work full-time! Along with Fire Department, EMS stuff, AWANA, piano lessons, schoolwork (DD's) and other stuff...The night he left DS got the flu...got over that then DD got the flu a few days later. She projectile vomited all over the place multiple times in the middle of the night. I got NO sleep - had to take off work the next day to stay home with her and couldn't catch up on sleep. It was a long week!Add the extra household chores and everything and I was beat!

Hi Linda!

Maybe when the kids are back in school next week, you and I should meet in Downtown Atlanta and go shopping. I have never been to Ikea. Interested in spending a few hours there?

I know that is not getting away from it all, but at least it is getting away for a few hours!

Lisa

pamperedlinda said:

I did brush my teeth today! And I'm going to take a shower now that the kids are all in bed. I'm going to miss them tomorrow when I have to go home. It's been a lot of fun taking care of them and they've been so good. We played at the park today and the 2 year old is such a blast. She's talking so much more now. I don't really get a lot of time to spend with them so this is the longest I've ever stayed with the little ones. Sorry, I'm rattling on, just sad that it's going to end but I do get to go back to DH who I miss terribly.

ChefLisa said:
Hi Linda!

Maybe when the kids are back in school next week, you and I should meet in Downtown Atlanta and go shopping. I have never been to Ikea. Interested in spending a few hours there?

I know that is not getting away from it all, but at least it is getting away for a few hours!

Lisa

IKEA - I'm jealous - I would LOVE to see an IKEA store someday...

janetupnorth said:

I'm so with you on that! I grew up with one, so I took advantage, now I have to shop there once a year when I visit Pittsburgh. :cry:

janetupnorth said:

Wow, no IKEA near you? Poor Janet! I have one that's 10 min. away - if you're ever in the Philly 'burbs, I'll take you for a shopping trip! :)

pamperedlinda said:
I told DH that he owes me big time after all of this! I need a day or three all by myself, someplace where nobody will talk to me....unless they want to know what I want!
my husband has been gone for about 2 -3 weeks too... he came home last weekend but this weekend he was only here Friday night and then again last night and is gone 1/2 the week this week too... so I feel your pain! Last week was spring break too! And I got sick and lost my voice too.... oh joy!

I am trying to figure out child care for conference... until I do I can't book my flight or register... but I pray I can go... I think I deserve some time away too... he says he was working and conference is fun, but I still need some time away! :eek: :blushing:

janetupnorth said:
My sister in Fox Point is so excited that they're building one near her! That's only a few hours from you, Janet. :) (Actually, BIL's family cabin is REALLY near you.)

My DH is leaving on the 14th this month to go back to Ireland to see his father who hasn't been well - it will only be 10 days, but I plan on keeping myself very busy - He is taking #4 and #5 with him and having #1 away at college, I only have #2 and #3 to deal with - so it won't be bad at all - just the taxi service running as usual - they are off school starting the 12th but still will have practices, but I am sure I can deal with that - ITS the cooking for 3 I have a problem with!!!

I was a single Mom for 6 years... You only got a small taste of it...;)

Your husband was off to work... which= paycheck! You didn't get the real effect LOL you need to add some extra financial stress to your day to really feel it...LOL

My husband is on nights every other month, and it feels like he just checks out! I feel your pain. Breathe deep and love those little ones a little extra when Daddy is away.

ChefLisa said:
Hi Linda!

Lisa
Just might have to do that. I've been wanting to go to Atlantic Station - have you been there yet? I'll give you a call when we get back in town.

pamperedlinda said:
Just might have to do that. I've been wanting to go to Atlantic Station - have you been there yet? I'll give you a call when we get back in town.

Sounds good to me. I have not been to Atlantic Station yet. Talk to you when you get back.

Please say 'hi' to Mickey Mouse for me. We visisted him last year. I just love him so much!

Have a great time!
Lisa

chefann said:
My sister in Fox Point is so excited that they're building one near her! That's only a few hours from you, Janet. :) (Actually, BIL's family cabin is REALLY near you.)

Well, the store will be close to Mom and Brother...I'll just have to go visit!
When are they opening? Wouldn't be by July would it? I plan on staying around there for a few days after conference.

Not like I need a thing, would have room for it, or the money for it...but it'd be fun to browse!

1. What inspired Pampered Chef to create a special line for single parents?

Pampered Chef understands the unique challenges that single parents face in the kitchen. We wanted to create a line specifically designed to make meal preparation easier and more efficient for single parents, allowing them to spend more quality time with their children.

2. What sets the Single Parents line apart from other Pampered Chef products?

The Single Parents line features products that are versatile, easy to use, and time-saving. They are designed to help single parents prepare meals quickly and with minimal effort, so they can spend more time with their children.

3. Can these products also benefit non-single parents?

Absolutely! The Single Parents line is perfect for anyone looking to simplify meal preparation and save time in the kitchen. These products are great for busy families, working professionals, and anyone who wants to spend less time cooking and more time enjoying their meals.

4. Are there any resources or tips specifically for single parents on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, our website has a section dedicated to single parents, featuring recipes, tips, and meal planning ideas. We also have a community forum where single parents can connect with each other and share their experiences and advice.

5. Are there any special discounts or promotions for single parents?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in supporting single parents in any way we can. We often have special promotions and discounts specifically for single parents, so be sure to check our website and social media pages for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smart2cook
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies