• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco: Show Outline?

In summary, the conversation was about making Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco with Garlic Biscuit bites for a show. The participants discussed the best order for cooking the different components of the dish, including grilling the chicken, cooking the pasta, and making the biscuits. They also shared tips and suggestions, such as using pre-cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken, and using a larger pot to prevent excess liquid in the dish. One participant also shared their experience of using Saran Wrap as a lid for the dish. Overall, the dish was a hit and several DCB sets were sold.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco w/ Garlic Biscuit bites for a show?

I'm going through it mentally, and typing up a show outline. I was just curious if anyone knows what order I should do things. Should I start w/ the grilling of the chicken? Then while that's cooking, I'd start the first step of the pasta recipe. Then while the tomatoes are cooking for their 4/5 minutes, I'd start the biscuits on the stove. Does that sound like it would flow right?

I've always had the chicken done before guests arrive... I've never made it with the garlic bites (although I think it would be good) so I can't give my opinion there.....

Thanks for the input. I also debated doing the chicken before the show. Just wasn't sure if it's cooler to have people see more products in action. I fear that it will be kind of hectic, so doing it beforehand is probably a better idea. :)

babywings76 said:
Thanks for the input. I also debated doing the chicken before the show. Just wasn't sure if it's cooler to have people see more products in action. I fear that it will be kind of hectic, so doing it beforehand is probably a better idea. :)

Honestly, I had the host do it before I even got there. AT one of them they had grilled chicken the night before so she just made extra to have for the recipe. The only issue that I had with that was it came from the fridge so that the Salad Choppers weren't quite as easy to get through it and I put it in half way through rather than at the end so the chicken heated up, it still tasted great, everyone loved it! You could probably even have the host pick up a rotisserie chicken and just have it off the bone (maybe use just the white meat and she can have the dark meat for something else)...

I do this recipe all the time and it is a hit. I buy precooked chicken and warm it in the small pan. I use my chicken shears to dice it into the baker. I have all my ingredients premeasured and ready to dump in. This is a great way to show off your prep bowls and different measuring cups.

I always seem to have too much liquid for this recipe, any suggestions?

pclinskie said:
I always seem to have too much liquid for this recipe, any suggestions?

Use the whole box of pasta and let it sit with the cover on for a few minutes after you take it out of the micro...

So here's how it went last night:I got there and she already cooked the chicken (so I didn't have to worry about that part) :)
I just used the Santoku knife and cut up the chicken into small bite size pieces.
Then I continued to prep other ingredients to have things ready...but not too much prep, so that the guests could see products in action.
So the show starts and I go about doing things, and as soon as I go to put in the DCB, the mother (who later I realized is the owner of the house...I thought the host was lol) goes, "You're not going to fit that in the microwave, are you?" I opened it and realized it's wide enough, just not tall enough!!! I had asked the host if she had a full size microwave and she said yes. Now I realized that that's not what I should've asked. :D I had a moment of private panic and then thought I'd just turn the lid upside down for this first part so we can keep going and then I'd have a minute to think what to do next. Because once we add all the pasta and stuff, the upside down lid trick I don't think would work. I asked if they had any other small stoneware that I could use as a lid--nope. So I just used Saran Wrap. It worked out just fine. Except that it's hard to open saran wrap away from you in a way to not get blasted w/ the steam. My hand got burned a little bit from that. But not the end of the world.I started the biscuit bites while the first step of the recipe was going on in the microwave. Everything turned out well. Everyone loved it. I sold a few DCB sets ($99 for baker, kitchen brush, Dinners-Done cards, digital thermometer, rub, SB. Plus I offered 10% off companion items when they buy the set (salad choppers, 29 min. cookbooks, more rubs) and one girl bought more stuff w/ that deal.There were 12 guests. Most were extended family of the host. I left the house w/ $665 in sales plus a couple people are going online to complete their orders (one girl wanted to get her mom the set, but wants to confirm what all she wants).

1. What are the ingredients for Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco?

The ingredients for Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco are penne pasta, chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.

2. How do I prepare the chicken for this dish?

To prepare the chicken, you will need to cut it into bite-sized pieces and then season it with salt and pepper. You can also marinate the chicken in Italian dressing for added flavor. Grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

3. Can I substitute the penne pasta for another type of pasta?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this dish. However, we recommend using a pasta with ridges or nooks to hold onto the sauce better.

4. How do I make the sauce for Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco?

The sauce is made by sautéing garlic in olive oil, then adding cherry tomatoes and spinach. Cook until the tomatoes burst and the spinach is wilted. You can add a splash of white wine or chicken broth for extra flavor. Toss the cooked pasta and chicken in the sauce, then top with Parmesan cheese.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time by cooking the pasta and chicken separately and keeping them in the fridge. When ready to serve, reheat the pasta and chicken in the sauce on the stovetop. You can also make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Just reheat it before adding it to the pasta and chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • erinhoward