• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Outline/Breakdown for Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"

In summary, the speaker is looking for tips on how to present a recipe for a cooking show. They have made the recipe multiple times at home and have changed it slightly. They are specifically looking for an outline of what to prep ahead, what to demo, and how much time to leave between steps. They also mention using a different sauce for the recipe, Salsa Verde. The expert suggests prepping all ingredients beforehand, demonstrating step-by-step instructions, and providing timing information. They also offer tips for variations and serving suggestions.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've made this recipe at home for us about 3 times now and I've tweaked the recipe just a bit. But I was wondering if anyone has done this for a show and has things typed up in some type of outline. What you prep ahead, what you demo, how much time between stuff and what you do, etc. I was going to sit down and figure this out for my show tonight, but I thought I'd ask here first in case someone's already kind of done this.

TIA! :)

I haven't done this recipe for show yet, but I did change the recipe. Instead of the red sauce, I use a green sauce - Salsa Verde. It is soo good!

I haven't personally done this recipe for a show, but I can offer some suggestions for how to present it in a clear and organized way.Prep Ahead:- Have all ingredients measured and ready to go before starting the demo.- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Demo:1. Start by showing the audience the ingredients and explaining what they are.2. Begin by making the crust: In a food processor, blend together the almond flour, coconut oil, salt, and maple syrup until a dough forms.3. Press the dough into the prepared baking sheet, spreading it evenly to create a crust.4. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden.5. While the crust is baking, make the filling: In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.6. Once the crust is done, let it cool for a few minutes before pouring the filling on top.7. Spread the filling evenly over the crust, leaving a small border around the edges.8. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the filling.9. In a small saucepan, heat the strawberry jam over low heat until it becomes a thin glaze.10. Drizzle the glaze over the strawberries.11. Bake the tart for an additional 10 minutes, until the filling is set.12. Let the tart cool for a few minutes before serving.Timing:- Prep Time: 10 minutes- Baking Time: 22 minutes- Cooling Time: 10 minutesTips:- You can make the crust and filling ahead of time and assemble the tart right before baking.- For a gluten-free version, make sure to use certified gluten-free ingredients.- Feel free to substitute the strawberries for any other fresh fruit of your choice.- Serve the tart with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.I hope this helps and good luck with your show!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"?

To make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna", you will need:

• Corn tortillas
  • Cooked and shredded chicken
  • Enchilada sauce
  • Black beans
  • Corn
  • Shredded cheese
  • Green onions
  • Sour cream
  • Jalapenos

2. How do I assemble the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"?

To assemble the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna", follow these steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
  2. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom.
  3. Place a layer of corn tortillas over the sauce, overlapping them if needed.
  4. Sprinkle some shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and shredded cheese over the tortillas.
  5. Repeat the layers until you have used all of the ingredients, ending with a layer of tortillas on top.
  6. Spread the remaining enchilada sauce over the top layer of tortillas.
  7. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, green onions, and jalapenos.
  8. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
  9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

3. Can I make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" ahead of time. You can assemble the dish and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to increase the baking time if the dish is cold when you put it in the oven.

4. Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas?

Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor will be different.

5. How many servings does this Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 8-10 servings, depending on how large you cut the pieces. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies