• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna: Did Enchilada Sauce Stain Your Baker?

In summary, the enchilada sauce stained the baker like it did mine, but there is a way to get it off.
easytoprepare
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,
I LOVE my deep covered baker, but I'm wondering if anyone else made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, and if so, did the enchilada sauce stain your baker like it did mine? I'm really disappointed. I even let it soak for a few days in really hot water changing out the water frequently.

Thanx for any advise!

I made it and it did not stain. I did give mine a light spray before putting the ingredients in it. Call HO and see what they suggest. I love the DCB. It is supposed to get somewhat darker.

Yeah, I sprayed it a bit before as well. Yeah, I know it will season with use, but this is a definate orange tint where the Lasagna was made :( I will call them when I get back into work tomorrow. I LOVE the DCB as well!

I clean mine with baking soda. Makes it look like new:)

It has stained mine. But after cooking in it a couple of other things it seems to disappear.I LOVE the lasagna! Worth the staining!!!!!:love:

I didn't spray mine & I didn't have any staining.

Definitely use baking soda. Get the inside wet, sprinkle liberally with baking soda, let it sit for at least five minutes, and give it a scrub with the kitchen brush. That should help.

Mine is so seasoned, I didn't even notice!! But like others said, the baking soda works. But hey, just cook something else and give it even more color!!! :D

Yeah, I make the Lasagna quite a bit so mine is quite orange. But does it matter? It works great still!

Kelly8 said:
Yeah, I make the Lasagna quite a bit so mine is quite orange. But does it matter? It works great still!

Exactly!

Whatever happened to "The uglier it looks, the better it cooks?"

I've always told my hosts that an ugly stone is a well-loved, and well-used stone!

It stained mine a little bit... more troublesome to me was that everything else I used in that recipe went in the dishwasher and EVERYTHING in that load came out stained red - including the inside of my white dishwasher, and my cutting boards!Lesson learned there - rinse the enchilada sauce WELL off everything!

I wonder if there is any food coloring in the enchilada sauce? Anyone check the ingredient list?

1. Did you use a specific type of enchilada sauce for this recipe?

No, you can use any brand or type of enchilada sauce for this Mexican Chicken Lasagna recipe. Just make sure to choose one that you enjoy the taste of!

2. Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground beef, turkey, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to cook the protein fully before layering it into the lasagna.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This Mexican Chicken Lasagna recipe makes about 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your lasagna pan. It's a great dish to make for a family dinner or to have leftovers for the week.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it with foil and bake it for a few extra minutes if it's coming straight from the fridge.

5. Will the enchilada sauce stain my baker?

No, if you use a non-stick or ceramic baker, the enchilada sauce should not leave any stains. However, if you are concerned, you can always line the baker with foil before assembling the lasagna.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ChefNic