• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker: 30-Min Chicken & 10-Min Pork - Love It or Hate It?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is a great product that can be used for many purposes. It is a great addition to anyone's kitchen, and can be used for both personal and professional purposes.
hperschnick
Should I get the Deep Covered Baker? I'm still in my 1st 30 days but will have some free prod and I'm trying to decide what to get.

I really like the idea of the 30 min chicken and the 10 min pork tenderloin but don't know what else I would use it for...

Do you love it? Hate it? Use it?

Thanks in advance!

I LOVE the Covered Baker. I sell it if I take it to shows. I also just love to use it in my own home. The chicken recipe that is on the care and use card for the baker is great.

I love it. I don't use it very much as I live my myself... but in the winter it is great! I did my first 10 min pork tenderloin show and sold 3 of them! Definitely worth it!

I love that product. I've made our Bread Pudding recipe and got two bookings from it. That is rare for me. I've done the Cajun Pork Tenderloin recipe in it on average once a month for myself, and freeze at least four portions that reheat very swell. Also have roasted a chicken and it is great!
Be sure to cross sell some form of potholder for lifting it from the oven.

Good post!! I've been thinking about getting this, too. I'm still in my first 90 days, and I have quite a few PC dollars. This is on my list to purchase!

This is a great item. I haven't tried the tenderloin, but the chicken is awesome.

Another great item is the Rice cooker. The receipe for the choc. molton lava cake really sells this thing.

I LOVE the DCB. I sold 3 at my last show b/c the host loved hers so much. I say go for it! I use it all the time at home, too. It sat in my cabinet for a while before I ever used it but once I got started I love it.

Another great use for the DCB - angel food cakes! It cooked so well in it in the oven, and then you add toppings to it and put the lid on it to bring it somewhere!

I LOVE it! We got rid of our crock pot because when I make roast or chicken in the baker - it is soooo delicious!! I haven't gotten around to the pork tenderloin yet, but made chili in it last night and it was great!

I love the DCB. Demo it and you'll sell it.

Another cross selling idea ... the Stackable Cooling Rack. I pull mine from the oven and set it on one of those so air circulates around the baker.

And....I travel with mine in my rectangle woven selections, with a couple of dish towels around the DCB to fill up some of the space!

I love it! Also if you look in the files you will find recipe ideas. There is one flier that is one page with at least 20 recipes on it that I give to any guests that purchases the DCB. Think about it... at least 20 recipes on one page?! That means they are all simple recipes with few ingredients! I made chilli in mine the other day and it was the perfect size to feed my family of four and still have left overs!

Thanks Everyone!!
I'm sold! I really wanted it, I just needed to know if it would be as good as I hoped!

thanks!

This is an amazing item that everyone has to have. I did a brunch show and was making frittata in the skillet in the oven for 30min. I forgot to turn the oven on and I happened to have my dcb with me. I poured the egg mixture into the baker and microwaved it for 10 min. IT WAS AWESOME! Everyone loved it and out of 4 people at the show, 2 of them bought one!

I REALLY want to try an angel food cake in the micro since they take so long in the oven.... if anyone has tried it, let me know!

Go for it!I love to use mine. I am big into slow cooker meals but sometimes I forget to start the slow cooker meals so that they will be done by dinner. With the Deep Covered Baker, I can throw everything in it and take care of other things while it cooks. It is much like the slow cooker, but without as much wait time!

jenniferknapp said:
Another great use for the DCB - angel food cakes! It cooked so well in it in the oven, and then you add toppings to it and put the lid on it to bring it somewhere!

I hadn't thought about angel food cake! Are you just using a box and following the directions? I will have to try that. I love my DCB for so many things and adding cake would be perfect.

pmpdRRT said:
Another great item is the Rice cooker. The receipe for the choc. molton lava cake really sells this thing.

Oh, definitely! I sell so many rice cookers just from TELLING people about the cake! People are always asking me for the recipe, too.

You should definitely get the Deep Covered Baker if possible. I love mine.

My favorite uses:
Do the 30 min chicken when you are going to be busy before mealtime. Example: we sometimes put one in the microwave and start the cooking on the way out the door to church. 2 hours later when we come home starving, the chicken is piping hot and ready to eat! I also do this once a week when my DD has gymnastics from 3:30 to 5pm.

Caramel Apple Bread Pudding from the F/W SB

Demo at shows-for each one you sell you make a minimum of $13 and some people will book to get it

jenniferknapp said:

Jennifer, is that just a box mix? For real you just poured it in and baked how long (must have baked quicker?)?

I use mine ALL the time and average 3-6 sold at every show I use it in. I make the chicken all the time, then make really yummy matzoh ball soup. The turkey chili recipe makes ALOT and is awesome! Freezes well. The BBQ pork tenderloin recipe with the slaw/salad - OMG, so good! I say buy it! Tell your guests not to buy it at full price, just host and get it for less!

missydivine said:
I hadn't thought about angel food cake! Are you just using a box and following the directions? I will have to try that. I love my DCB for so many things and adding cake would be perfect.

Yep....just the mix and water, oh, and I also used a little baker's joy before pouring the batter in!

jenniferknapp said:
Yep....just the mix and water, oh, and I also used a little baker's joy before pouring the batter in!

Do you pop it out or leave it in? I'm so excited. thanks!

You are supposed to let it cool upside down, so I left it in & flipped it over on the cooling rack!

Thanks Jennifer!

Next time I go to the store I going to make a cake!

jenniferknapp said:
How long do you bake it? temperature? Same as on the box? Awesome !!!
Then do you add strawberries, cool whip...etc??

1. How do I use the Deep Covered Baker for cooking chicken and pork?

To cook chicken or pork in the Deep Covered Baker, simply place the meat in the baker and cover it with the lid. Microwave on high for the recommended cooking time, and then let it rest for a few minutes before serving.

2. What is the recommended cooking time for chicken and pork in the Deep Covered Baker?

The recommended cooking time for chicken in the Deep Covered Baker is 30 minutes, while the recommended cooking time for pork is 10 minutes. However, cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the meat, so it's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is fully cooked.

3. Can I add any seasonings or marinades to the chicken or pork before cooking in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can add your favorite seasonings or marinades to the chicken or pork before cooking in the Deep Covered Baker. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking time for the meat you are using.

4. Is the Deep Covered Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe. Just be sure to remove the lid before placing it in the dishwasher.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in a conventional oven?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not safe for use in a conventional oven. It is designed for use in the microwave only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marystell1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
marystell1
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies