• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker Shock: What to Think?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is being discontinued and only hosts are allowed to purchase it. Orders for the White Deep Covered Baker must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15, and orders for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker must be submitted by July 1.
sjspchef
Anyone else read the latest on the Deep Covered Bakers? I honestly don't know what to think. I sold two of them at my last show (one of the guests is also hosting this month). I'm new and this might not be the case but now when I demo the deep covered baker I'm going to almost feel like I'm tricking guests into booking a show with me. The bookings will be nice to get though!! :)

Here is the email....Dear Consultant,I am disappointed to inform you of manufacturing issues we are experiencing with the Deep Covered Baker. Unfortunately, our suppliers are not able to deliver the product quantities that we have been receiving over the past few years. As a result, we have been forced to make two difficult decisions and I wanted you to know about them right away.1) Effective immediately, the White Deep Covered Baker (item #1352) is on Stop Sell. That means you may not sell this product until further notice. Any orders that you currently have for the White Deep Covered Baker must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15.Please note these important details:
- Orders we’ve already received for the White Deep Covered Baker, but that haven’t yet been shipped, may be placed on backorder. The backorders will be filled as soon as the White Deep Covered Baker is back in stock.
- Orders you submit between now and June 15 for the White Deep Covered Baker may also be backordered. They will ship when product is available.
- Orders submitted after June 15 that include White Deep Covered Bakers will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.2) Effective July 1, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will be a host-only item, with a limit of one Baker per Show. Your hosts may purchase the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount, using a new host-only item #3300. (This new number will be available in PamperedPartner Plus beginning July 1.)We know that the Deep Covered Baker is a strong booking tool, so we want you to be able to offer it for that purpose, even though we can’t make it available for sale to all customers.We realize that “host-only” products are not a normal practice for The Pampered Chef. However, because the Deep Covered Baker is such a compelling motivation for hosting a Show, we believe this is the best decision to support your business.Please note these important details:
- Orders from your June shows for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (using the current item #1321) must be submitted by midnight CT on July 15.
- Orders from June Shows submitted after July 15 that include guest orders for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.I’m sure you’re dismayed to read this news, and I’m sorry to have to share it with you. Our hope is that having the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker as a host-only item will help you build a stream of bookings from customers who want one for themselves.Please be assured that we’re doing everything within our power to work through this frustrating challenge. We apologize in advance for any disruption that this may cause you or your customers.Sincerely,
Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

Ooops.. Sorry I missed that!!

I am VERY sad about this! The DCB had a huge part in selling me on becoming a consultant. I'm not sure how much to demo it now that it is a host only item. I want to demo things that customers can buy! I know a lot of other products can be demoed with it, but still.

Anyway, as upset as I am about this news I'm going to try to take full advantage of it for June. I have a very busy month (as a MBA student, mother of a 5 month old, and full-time employee). So I won't be doing many shows this month. I just sent an email to my entire contact list urging them to buy one while they can. Especially if they want to buy them as gifts since this is their LAST chance to ever buy more than one at a time. I hope I can sell a bunch to make up for my lack of shows this month!

1. What is the Deep Covered Baker Shock?

The Deep Covered Baker Shock is a term used to describe the feeling of surprise and amazement when using the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker for the first time.

2. How does the Deep Covered Baker work?

The Deep Covered Baker is made of stoneware material that evenly distributes heat and retains moisture, resulting in perfectly cooked dishes every time. The cover also creates a steam effect, making the food moist and tender.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in both the oven and microwave. Just make sure to follow the temperature guidelines and avoid sudden temperature changes.

4. What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, cakes, and even bread. Its versatility allows for both savory and sweet dishes to be made.

5. How do I clean and care for my Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm, soapy water to preserve its longevity. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners, and always allow it to cool before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • karenwisn