• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker Vs. Regular Dutch Oven

In summary, the main difference between a Deep Covered Baker and a Regular Dutch Oven is their intended use and design. While the Deep Covered Baker is designed for quick and even cooking, the Regular Dutch Oven is meant for slow cooking and braising. However, the Deep Covered Baker can be used as a substitute for a Regular Dutch Oven in many recipes, and it is oven-safe and convenient for use in the microwave and dishwasher. Some of the benefits of using a Deep Covered Baker include quicker cooking, a steam effect for moist and flavorful food, and even heat distribution. It can also be used for making bread, although it is not specifically designed for this purpose and may have size limitations.
karenwisn
Has anyone been asked what the difference is between the Deep Covered Baker and a regular dutch oven? I have and then they say "wow, the microwave, I'll try that in the dutch oven I already have." Does anyone know if the Deep Covered Baker has characteristics that make it unique?

My first thought is that most dutch ovens are metal and therefore can't go into the microwave...

Other similar non-metal covered bakers/Dutch ovens are glazed. Ours is unglazed inside and on the bottom which cooks the food differently, more like a bakers clay oven. I had a host who sells for a different DS company and made the fajitas in her company's version. Then she hosted a pc party and told her guests to buy ours because the recipes don't turn out in the one she sells.

Don't also Dutch Ovens have the ability to be used on the stove top? If so, then there's another difference. ;)

I usually say the main difference are that ours is actually stone and that Dutch ovens can go on stove top. The phrase I use most often is 'crock pot on steroids' and that usually peaks people's interest.

What is the difference between a Deep Covered Baker and a Regular Dutch Oven?

The Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware baking dish with a domed lid that can be used in the microwave or oven. It is designed for cooking dishes quickly and evenly, and can also be used for serving and storing food. A Regular Dutch Oven, on the other hand, is a heavy-duty pot with a tight-fitting lid that is used for slow cooking and braising on the stovetop or in the oven.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker as a substitute for a Regular Dutch Oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used as a substitute for a Regular Dutch Oven in many recipes. However, it is important to note that the Deep Covered Baker is smaller than most Dutch Ovens, so you may need to adjust your recipe accordingly. Also, the Deep Covered Baker is not suitable for recipes that require browning or searing meat.

Is the Deep Covered Baker oven-safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also microwave and dishwasher safe for added convenience.

What are the benefits of using a Deep Covered Baker over a Regular Dutch Oven?

The Deep Covered Baker is designed for quicker cooking, making it ideal for busy weeknights. It also has a domed lid that creates a steam effect, keeping food moist and flavorful. Additionally, the stoneware material of the Deep Covered Baker helps to distribute heat evenly for perfect cooking every time.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for making bread?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for making bread, but it is not designed specifically for this purpose. It is best suited for quick breads and yeast breads that do not require browning or searing. Additionally, the smaller size of the Deep Covered Baker may limit the size of the loaf you can make.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • Energizermom