1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings "Show in a Bag" has anyone done this??

1. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I read on here somewhere that someone does this at their shows and then I read it in Consultant News this month. I love this idea. I'm new and so far only have one show booked outside of my circle or friends (and I have my last show with friends this weekend).

In the September CN they mention using a Pampered Chef reusable shopping bag (which I happened to buy to use as my hostess gifts) and filling it with postcards, catalogs, oof, paper napkins & plates, and an ingredient for a theme show. I have a few recipe cards for the Mexican Chicken “Lasagna” and thought maybe I could include that with a can of enchilada sauce or maybe a head of garlic and offer the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe after they set a date.

Any tips/advice on what you do or would put into it or say would be greatly appreciated! :D

Sep 10, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I've done that once to help get bookings. I offered it to anyone who booked the next month. Had three takers. I brought one with me with just the paper goods in it and told them that I would also purchase the ingredients for their show. Then I brought everything the night of.

Sep 10, 2009
  3. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Cory,
    I have done this in the past and it really does work! I don't use the reusable shopping bags, I give that as a host gift too. I go to the party paper supply store and purchase "theme" type bags that are on clearance or get plain color bags and make each one different. My last show I did I had a holiday themed bag and had 2 ladies who wanted holiday theme shows. So it does work!

Sep 10, 2009
  4. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Is there a reason you didn't continue offering it, if you got 3 bookings the first time (too expensive, shows cancelled, etc)?

Sep 10, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I went cheap and got cute themed ones at Dollar Tree. One set of silverware, napkins, plates and cups cost me $4!

Nope, I just like to mix things up every once in a while. I think there was an incentive or something for that next month so I just threw in an extra perk. I usually am very strong with bookings at my shows so I don't normally offer an extra incentive.

Sep 10, 2009
  6. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thanks for the tips! I love the theme idea and with Halloween next month I will have to try this out! I just went to Michales to get my supplies to make spice samples - guess I'm going back afterwork. LOL

Thank you!!

Sep 10, 2009
  7. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

UPDATE - so I did this with a twist I also added in the Top Secret idea from ChefRiGuy (THANK YOU!!). I bought gift bags with themes (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and one with flowers). In each bag I put – napkins with matching plates and cutlery. I also put in 16 (same number as the plates) PC postcard invites (I have tons) and the new mini catalog. Catalog – I put a little sticker on the front of each one (like a flower or frog) and told them to look inside to find the matching sticker. I circled a new Fall product in each one and told them they get the product for free at their show.

YES – this worked! Not including the host I had 7 guests (1 kid, 1 that does not cook and didn’t want to order anything and then 5 others). I brought 4 bags – out of the 5 3 booked a show!!!!! This was my first show where I didn’t know anyone but the host who is a coworker.

Thanks everyone with all their great suggestions – I love this site! :sing:

Sep 27, 2009
Have something to add?