• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Show in a Bag" Has Anyone Done This??

In summary, by incorporating a Pampered Chef reusable shopping bag and filling it with postcards, catalogs, paper napkins and plates, and an ingredient for a theme show, you can easily get bookings for your next party.
PamperedSD
I read on here somewhere that someone does this at their shows and then I read it in Consultant News this month. I love this idea. I'm new and so far only have one show booked outside of my circle or friends (and I have my last show with friends this weekend).

In the September CN they mention using a Pampered Chef reusable shopping bag (which I happened to buy to use as my hostess gifts) and filling it with postcards, catalogs, oof, paper napkins & plates, and an ingredient for a theme show. I have a few recipe cards for the Mexican Chicken “Lasagna” and thought maybe I could include that with a can of enchilada sauce or maybe a head of garlic and offer the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe after they set a date.

Any tips/advice on what you do or would put into it or say would be greatly appreciated! :D

I've done that once to help get bookings. I offered it to anyone who booked the next month. Had three takers. I brought one with me with just the paper goods in it and told them that I would also purchase the ingredients for their show. Then I brought everything the night of.

Cory,
I have done this in the past and it really does work! I don't use the reusable shopping bags, I give that as a host gift too. I go to the party paper supply store and purchase "theme" type bags that are on clearance or get plain color bags and make each one different. My last show I did I had a holiday themed bag and had 2 ladies who wanted holiday theme shows. So it does work!

wadesgirl said:
I've done that once to help get bookings. I offered it to anyone who booked the next month. Had three takers. I brought one with me with just the paper goods in it and told them that I would also purchase the ingredients for their show. Then I brought everything the night of.

Is there a reason you didn't continue offering it, if you got 3 bookings the first time (too expensive, shows cancelled, etc)?

ChefGwendolyn said:
Cory,
I have done this in the past and it really does work! I don't use the reusable shopping bags, I give that as a host gift too. I go to the party paper supply store and purchase "theme" type bags that are on clearance or get plain color bags and make each one different. My last show I did I had a holiday themed bag and had 2 ladies who wanted holiday theme shows. So it does work!
I went cheap and got cute themed ones at Dollar Tree. One set of silverware, napkins, plates and cups cost me $4!

pampchefsarah said:
Is there a reason you didn't continue offering it, if you got 3 bookings the first time (too expensive, shows cancelled, etc)?
Nope, I just like to mix things up every once in a while. I think there was an incentive or something for that next month so I just threw in an extra perk. I usually am very strong with bookings at my shows so I don't normally offer an extra incentive.

Thanks for the tips! I love the theme idea and with Halloween next month I will have to try this out! I just went to Michales to get my supplies to make spice samples - guess I'm going back afterwork. LOL

Thank you!!

UPDATE - so I did this with a twist I also added in the Top Secret idea from ChefRiGuy (THANK YOU!!). I bought gift bags with themes (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and one with flowers). In each bag I put – napkins with matching plates and cutlery. I also put in 16 (same number as the plates) PC postcard invites (I have tons) and the new mini catalog. Catalog – I put a little sticker on the front of each one (like a flower or frog) and told them to look inside to find the matching sticker. I circled a new Fall product in each one and told them they get the product for free at their show.

YES – this worked! Not including the host I had 7 guests (1 kid, 1 that does not cook and didn’t want to order anything and then 5 others). I brought 4 bags – out of the 5 3 booked a show!!!!! This was my first show where I didn’t know anyone but the host who is a coworker.

Thanks everyone with all their great suggestions – I love this site! :sing:

1. How does the "Show in a Bag" concept work?

The "Show in a Bag" concept is a way for consultants to easily carry and present Pampered Chef products to potential customers. The consultant will bring a bag filled with a variety of products, along with catalogues and order forms. They will then demonstrate and showcase the products to the customers, giving them the opportunity to see, touch, and try out the products before making a purchase.

2. What are the benefits of doing a "Show in a Bag"?

There are several benefits to doing a "Show in a Bag". It allows the consultant to easily transport and showcase a variety of products to potential customers. It also gives customers the opportunity to see and try out the products before purchasing, increasing the likelihood of sales. Additionally, it saves time and resources compared to hosting a traditional in-home party.

3. How do I schedule a "Show in a Bag" with a consultant?

You can schedule a "Show in a Bag" with a Pampered Chef consultant by contacting them directly or by hosting a virtual party through the consultant's website. The consultant will work with you to determine the best date and time for the "Show in a Bag" and discuss any specific products or themes you would like to see.

4. Is it possible to customize the products included in the "Show in a Bag"?

Yes, it is possible to customize the products included in the "Show in a Bag". The consultant will work with you to determine your preferences and desired products, and will do their best to accommodate them. You can also request specific products or themes when scheduling the "Show in a Bag".

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for "Show in a Bag" orders?

Yes, there are often special promotions or discounts available for "Show in a Bag" orders. These may vary depending on the consultant and current promotions, but it is always worth asking about any potential deals or discounts before placing an order. Additionally, by hosting a "Show in a Bag" party, you may be eligible for host rewards, which can include free and discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • PamperedSD