• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Show - 2 Recipes in Dcb

In summary, the host is having a cooking show without any serving pieces. The guest is having their first cooking show and does not know the host. The guest is having a dilemma because they do not have any serving pieces. The guest suggests using the bamboo bowl if they have it before the show. The host decides to dish out the first few servings and offer them to the host and past host. The guest then puts the rest of the pasta in the bamboo bowl. The host tells the guest that they are going to put the rest of the pasta in the bowl, and they make the cake.
PamperedSD
I’m not sure where to post this but please help me with my show!

I have only done 2 cooking shows so far and both were interesting and both host changed the ingredients on me a bit and didn’t let me know. (So I'm already a little nervous) I have my first cooking show this Friday where I will probably not know anyone but the host (co-worker) and she wanted 2 recipes. I said we could do the Chicken Penne al Fresco and the Chocolate Lava cake – easy menu to show off the DCB and great quick recipes for a Friday night show.

Here is my dilemma – I don’t really have any serving pieces. I have the mini kit and a few items I already owned. I did order the med bamboo bowl and I should have it before the show. I also have other stoneware. If you have any suggestions on how to empty out the main dish so I can cook the cake – PLEASE let me know! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! :D

PamperedSD said:
I’m not sure where to post this but please help me with my show!

I have only done 2 cooking shows so far and both were interesting and both host changed the ingredients on me a bit and didn’t let me know. (So I'm already a little nervous) I have my first cooking show this Friday where I will probably not know anyone but the host (co-worker) and she wanted 2 recipes. I said we could do the Chicken Penne al Fresco and the Chocolate Lava cake – easy menu to show off the DCB and great quick recipes for a Friday night show.

Here is my dilemma – I don’t really have any serving pieces. I have the mini kit and a few items I already owned. I did order the med bamboo bowl and I should have it before the show. I also have other stoneware. If you have any suggestions on how to empty out the main dish so I can cook the cake – PLEASE let me know! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Do you have the 9X13 Baker? Or the Deep Dish Baker? I would think you could use either of those for serving the Pasta. Or just use your Bamboo Bowl if you have it before the show!

THANKS!
I have the square baker. Will that much pasta fit in the med bamboo bowl? Would it look tacky if I put it into the bamboo and the left over into a tuperware container for the host?

Or, use her bowl? I do it all the time!

I also have been letting my hosts know that a log show is going to reduce her sales. HO has found that anything over 45 minutes has us buying the products back from the guest's order.

I relearned it about a month ago where I was pretty much in your situation. It took about an hour and a half. I had 16 stressed guests and I left with low sales and NO bookings. Make sure the DCB will fit in microwave... I suggested only making the one recipe that I knew would be fine, but was convinced to do other.

It's your business. If she insists on both I would suggest having the pasta coming out of the microwave a few minutes after start time...it will make the show fun and not long since the pasta cooks 16-18. You could tell your story and do the cake as the demo while the hostess puts the pasta in her bowl or on guests plates, washes the DCB and hands you the clean the baker. If you leave the show to wash the DCB you will most likely lose your crowd. Then do your ticket game/ warranty and/or booking slide talk as the cake cooks.

PamperedSD said:
THANKS!
I have the square baker. Will that much pasta fit in the med bamboo bowl? Would it look tacky if I put it into the bamboo and the left over into a tuperware container for the host?

What I would do is dish out the first 2-3 servings, and offer them to the host and past host...or the two people sitting closest to you. Tell them you are serving them since they sat in your splash zone for the demo. :p THEN put the rest in the bamboo bowl.

Let them know that you are going to put the rest in the bowl, so you can do a quick clean up (that way you can show them how easy it is to wash the DCB) and make a dessert that only takes 12 minutes, and will knock their socks off!

Great suggestions! I like have the recipe ready to go - maybe pop it back in for the last 10 minutes just as I start? Thanks so much - I feel much better about this now. I did ask and she said he has a large over the stove microwave. She seems to want to feed everyone. I guessed she make a lite salad to go with the pasta and have it all ready to go when I get there but yes - she insisted on something else so I asked her to have everything ready to go and I would mix up the cake before the show starts in my batter bowl. I am all for a quick show!

It is hard not to turn into a caterer when you want to make your hostess happy. If there is too much food makes guests think that they have to do the same amount and they might not book a show.

I recently did a show where I did Chicken BBQ and then a Cake in the DCB....the BBQ took 10 minutes to cook, and then I chopped it in the DCB, added the sauce, and put it in the Bamboo Bowl for serving. Everyone served themselves while I washed up the DCB and poured the cake into it (I'd mixed up the cake before the show started)...scooped the frosting and PB on it and put it in the micro for 11 minutes.

The whole demo took about 35 minutes. I was showing them how you could make dinner and a dessert in 30 minutes!

Thats everyone for the suggestions - I think I might do the chicken al fresco before the guest get there with only the last 10 minutes to go - maybe just quickly explain what I've done so far and that I've only spent about 15 minutes on it so far and it will be done in another 10. Thanks!!

I will restate what someone else said. It is really easy to turn into a caterer in this business. Whenever I do 2 recipes, the host has to earn it by having at least 15 confirmed guests. But anyway, when I do 2 recipes I make the second one EASY! I would change the dessert to use the large bar pan, which will show an entirely different piece of stoneware. The chicken penne is really your best recipe and shows all of the tools. The cake is not. It sound very stressful to have to make the Chicken penne, find something to serve it in, wash the DCB then make the cake. It also makes your job look very difficult, which scares off any potential recruits.

Keep it simple

I have to agree with cookingwithlove...

When I first started I wanted to make everyone happy and would do 2, sometimes 3 recipes. What a disaster. Now, I do the same recipe over and over and if it's good enough for Don Funt, it is good enough for me. And never would I do 2 recipes show casing the same main product. How does that help you sell cookware, SA, etc?? We sometimes get so wrapped up in the food that we forget that it's not about the food, but about the products.

I have been doing smokey chicken BBQ sandwiches since May and will continue to do them until I can't do them any longer. Just my 2 cents, but it makes my life so much easier knowing my kit is packed and I am good to go at a drop of a hat. My sales are up, my stress is down, and the demo is quick and super easy, and shows everything.

The 11 min smoky BBQ sandwiches show last Tuesday got me 6 Cooking Shows before Oct 19th booked, 1 Catalog show and a recruit lead.

One recipe R-O-C-K-S!!

Sunday's show wants 2. One recipe will be completed before showtime. It will be the kiss of death if I'm late and end up doing both.

Okay - I'm stepping on my soapbox here for a minute, so bear with me. I really get tired of people being chided like children if they post that they are doing more than one recipe at a show. There is NOTHING in our training that says we MUST do only one recipe.When people ask me what my favorite part of PC is - I tell them it's doing the show! I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing the show!I have always done 2 recipes - and I probably always will. I have a strong show schedule, a great show average, and I absolutely love what I do...and so do my hosts and guests. My shows are not long...usually 45 minutes for the demo and talk on my part...although they sometimes last much longer with everyone just having fun and being there for the party!So yes, the doing only one recipe and doing only the same recipe works for some people - but it would take the JOY out of the show for me....and my job would just be a job. For me, that would make it boring. I do what I do because I love doing it. Sooo, it's not all gloom and doom for anyone who is doing more then one recipe at a show, or doing different recipes at shows. I have 3 shows this week.My first - I did Chicken BBQ's, caramel biscuit bites, and had the pineapple rum sauce w/ cream cheese and crackers. Show started at 7, and I was washed, packed up, and home again by 9:15.Thursday's show I will be doing a dessert show - rare for me, but the host requested it, and she's signing at her show...so I'm doing it!
We are doing the Trio of Sprinkles Dips, with apple wedges, and pretzels, and then also the Nutty Caramel Brownies.Saturday's show is with a former consultant, who is also seriously thinking of signing at her show....we are doing the Sprinkles Dips again, but this time with Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.I had a BLAST at my show last night! And I am really looking forward to both of my other shows this week - even with doing 2 recipes!Stepping off my soapbox, and slowly backing away....:eek:(oh - and I have 9 shows and a catalog show this month...10 shows, a fundraiser, and 2 catalog shows so far for Oct...so doing 2 recipes doesn't hurt my bookings at all! I also will be signing 2-3 new consultants to my growing team this month!)

What about doing the Molten Lava cake in the stoneware fluted pan? That way you dont have to worry about cleaning out the dcb.

i do all my cakes in that pan. i love it!

I don't have one yet :( but I may try it in the square baker tomorrow at home and just use 1/2 the batter. Or maybe the cobbler dump cake in the same pan - I know someone on here mentioned doing that in the mini baker.

ChefBecky and others, by all means do what works for you. For me, it's a matter of sanity, and keeping mine. My organizational skills suck and I have finally found a way to do my business that let's me focus on my business. It's just my opinion... and I think for those just starting out, KISS is a good way to go. Once you find your groove and are comfortable with the products and presentation, do what ever makes you happy. I have found a better way for me, but won't force anyone to do their business my way.

I did the loaded Baked potato chowder at my show on sunday. I already started cooking the potatoes before everyone got there and actually had them ready to just mash once I started the demo. I also did the 12inch skillet cake. I baked the cake at home and just flipped it on the platter and quickly did the toppings for the rest of my demo while the chowder was cooking. The food was all done at the same time. I got 3 bookings and over $700 in sales at this party and there were only 8 guests. I am doing a show this sunday and there will be a few of the same people at the show I did last Sunday, so I am doing the hot pizza dip in the deep dish baker and a Strawberry Cheescake trifle. This is going to be a good size party. They are both easy and show al ot of products quickly.

I love those recipe ideas! The 12" skillet and the trifle are both on my wish list. I'm hoping with my PC $$$ and my 40% off at kit enhancement month I will purchase both.

ChefBeckyD said:
So yes, the doing only one recipe and doing only the same recipe works for some people - but it would take the JOY out of the show for me....and my job would just be a job. For me, that would make it boring. I do what I do because I love doing it. QUOTE]

Hey ChefBeckyD
Good for you!!! I do/offer different recipes to my hosts because doing the same recipe over and over wouldn't be as much fun for me! It's easier when I know the recipe cold, but variety is the spice of life, right?
I think loving what we do and running our business the way that keeps it fresh and fun for us is what attracts recruits and hosts alike. If doing two recipes is stressful...don't do two. If changing recipes all the time makes you nuts, don't do it. But if changing things up or doing dinner and dessert keeps your excitement level up, go for it!
AmyD

Thank you everyone for your help! After reading everyone's post I decided one recipe to demo would be easier and would help me wrap my show up quicker. BUT I like doing 2 recipes. So - I made the mini carrot cups - BIG hit so thank you everyone!

- On a side note - I forgot I had the tart shaper. I had gotten this at the first PC show I ever attened last year as a free gift from the host. I've never used it before but it worked out perfect! I also do not have a PC mini muffin pan, but no one asked! I had to double the recipe but then only cooked 1/2 for the show. I was out of town this weekend and saw a 99 cent store while I was in Palm Springs. I checked the store and they had the sm cake mixes!! I bought 12 to keep on hand so this is my new go to recipe for the fall. THANKS everyone!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I'm stepping on my soapbox here for a minute, so bear with me.

Stepping off my soapbox, and slowly backing away....:eek:

(oh - and I have 9 shows and a catalog show this month...10 shows, a fundraiser, and 2 catalog shows so far for Oct...so doing 2 recipes doesn't hurt my bookings at all! I also will be signing 2-3 new consultants to my growing team this month!)

Becky - you're my Idol! :) What a rockin' schedule!!! I bow to you. :sing: You can be on the soapbox anytime! Keep up the fantastic job!

ChefBeckyD said:
My first - I did Chicken BBQ's, caramel biscuit bites, and had the pineapple rum sauce w/ cream cheese and crackers. Show started at 7, and I was washed, packed up, and home again by 9:15.

Thursday's show I will be doing a dessert show - rare for me, but the host requested it, and she's signing at her show...so I'm doing it!
We are doing the Trio of Sprinkles Dips, with apple wedges, and pretzels, and then also the Nutty Caramel Brownies.

Forgot to ask: are these the official names of the recipes so that I can look them up? The BBQ sandwiches sound delic as do the bites and sprinkles dips.

What is the DCB used for?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used to cook a variety of dishes in the oven or microwave. It is perfect for creating one-pot meals, roasting meats and vegetables, and even baking desserts.

Can I use the DCB on the stovetop or grill?

No, the DCB is not suitable for use on the stovetop or grill. It is designed to be used in the oven or microwave only. Placing the DCB directly on a hot surface can cause it to crack or break.

How do I clean my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for best results. Use warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to clean the stoneware. Do not use metal utensils or harsh cleaning products, as they can damage the surface of the DCB.

What are some recipes I can make in the DCB?

The possibilities are endless with the DCB! You can make anything from a classic roasted chicken to a decadent chocolate lava cake. Some popular recipes include chicken fajita bake, honey garlic glazed salmon, and apple crisp. Check out our website for more recipe ideas.

Can I use the DCB in the freezer?

Yes, the DCB is freezer safe. You can prepare dishes in advance and freeze them in the DCB for later use. Just make sure to allow the stoneware to thaw before placing it in the oven or microwave to prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellerCooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies